Blackburn Presser

58 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

I understand why people want Westwood and Hutchinson back in the team

But why on earth does anyone want Abdi, Jones or Boyd anywhere near the first team? All three have been utter gash nearly every time they've played for us

Fair enough get annoyed for freezing out Westwood & Hutch but the fake outrage at every little thing is getting boring 

I agree with this

1 hour ago, EcclesallOwl said:

But why on earth does anyone want Abdi, Jones or Boyd anywhere near the first team? All three have been utter gash nearly every time they've played for us

The thing is, in my opinion, Abdi has hardly had a run in the team, so I think he's worth a try. If you look at all 3 of them, they all had a good pedigree with promotion teams prior to coming here, so, in a way it made sense to bring them in. The trouble was and is, we had alot of very highly paid players who were much of a muchness and didn't really improve the quality of the 11 on the pitch. You can add Rhodes to that list as well. The recruitment killed us financially.

1 hour ago, EcclesallOwl said:

The thing is, in my opinion, Abdi has hardly had a run in the team, so I think he's worth a try. If you look at all 3 of them, they all had a good pedigree with promotion teams prior to coming here, so, in a way it made sense to bring them in. The trouble was and is, we had alot of very highly paid players who were much of a muchness and didn't really improve the quality of the 11 on the pitch. You can add Rhodes to that list as well. The recruitment killed us financially.

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

Abdi hasn't had a long enough run in the team to call him gash; particularly as he clearly has talent. Also he plays a position we are thin in. If he's fit he should be in the squad - if you disagree then could you tell me who is keeping him out?

His body is keeping him out sadly.

14/15 - age 28 - played 2200 minutes

15/16 - age 29 - 1980 minutes

16/17 - age 30 - 740 minutes

17/18 - age 31 - 160 minutes

Now 32, You’d have to say it’s highly improbable he’s an answer for us.

Edited by Holmowl

2 hours ago, Boothy said:

A question i would like an answer to in the upcoming Press Conference 

Q. Will George Boyd, Almen Abdi, David Jones, Kieran Westwood  or Sam Hutchinson ever be selected for either a match day squad or the starting eleven whilst you are manager of Sheffield Wednesday.

The true answer is obviously no.

However Jos in his broken English will attempt to convey the bullsheet that DC has told him to say.

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

That's what I don't understand about Fletcher - how is he much different to the above names? How many 90 minutes does he play, how often does he play 2 games in a week (apart form for Scotland)?

Not sure if I’m honest. He seems the type that would want to play, bust a guy to play etc, but is being held back for his own good in terms of not playing each and every game. 

Maybe that’s the difference, he has the appetite, desire, will to be there and few others reportedly have a preconception that they ought to be there regardless. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

If you don't really care what others think why open the thread.....mods may as well close it after the OP

Not really interested in negative crap. The thread was started, as in my opinion, the question hasn't been asked or answered in a straight forward manner 

If it were to be asked in this way then a follow up could be asked in respect of of the January transfer window as to whether they will be freed ....put on the transfer list .....loaned or simply left to see their contract out.

Personally i would quite like to know if its only going to be an injury crisis like last year that puts these players anywhere near playing again 

I would also like to know what it is these players aren't doing that stopping them from playing ........attitude, fitness, fall out 

This manager has more options than he lets on, these press conferences are rubbish and he gets off lightly 

That ok for you ........?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

It’s already been asked and answered.

Paraphrasing answer here but was along the lines of: I will only select players that are up to the rigours of the championship and that are able to train every session, play regularly. 

That excludes Westwood, Hutch, Abdi etc. 

It may not be the answer you wanted but it has already been given. 

It should also exclude Kirby, Hunt, Nielsen Shaw and Jack Lee. 

Clearly none of these are ready for the rigours of the Championship.

Yet all have been included in matchday squads.

1 minute ago, Boothy said:

Not really interested in negative crap. The thread was started, as in my opinion, the question hasn't been asked or answered in a straight forward manner 

If it were to be asked in this way then a follow up could be asked in respect of of the January transfer window as to whether they will be freed ....put on the transfer list .....loaned or simply left to see their contract out.

Personally i would quite like to know if its only going to be an injury crisis like last year that puts these players anywhere near playing again 

I would also like to know what it is these players aren't doing that stopping them from playing ........attitude, fitness, fall out 

This manager has more options than he lets on, these press conferences are rubbish and he gets off lightly 

I’ve answered your part one, weirdly (not sure if the journo asking had spoken to you before) the follow up was; does that mean hutch / Westwood etc would be allowed to leave come January. 

Now this is is where it got a bit weird, as the answer was no. Saying that in football some times you play, some times you don’t and they’d signed contracts etc. I thought that weird as they are costing us huge sums and we have little desire to play them. 

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

It should also exclude Kirby, Hunt, Nielsen Shaw and Jack Lee. 

Clearly none of these are ready for the rigours of the Championship.

Yet all have been included in matchday squads.

I agree with you there but get the sense they are on opposite trajectories with one groups ability declining whilst the other groups increasing. 

Now we have a few more back from injuries I’d love that list to get some game time out on loan. 

3 minutes ago, Boothy said:

If the question was asked in the way you propose, then the follow up question asked in the way you propose, plus as you propose, the reasons these players aren't going to play.

The players values would be liable to drop so low that we would struggle to get rid of them without paying them off, or letting their contracts run out.

So I can't see these questions being asked or answered with any certainty.

Here we have a 2013 plate Audi A6 

It's been to the moon and back thrashed within an inch of its life .

Wife's kerbed every wheel 

Every panels dinged with supermarket trolley scars 

Kids have shàt all their sweets n drinks all over inside 

There's 15 fàg burns in the seats ..

It use's more oil to run than petrol 

Engine management light won't go out..

How much do I want? 

Ive  been honest with all its flaws 

It used to be a great motor ...

It's got loads wrong with it ...

Make me an offer closest to 15 grand ...

500 quid ?

It's a deal !!

lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Bang on.

The Subs bench has been bizarre for a while now. Take Tuesday night for example, unless Palmer was injured, why wasn't he at least named on the bench - if Baker needed to go off, who would have played Right Back/Wing back? Yet we had Pudil and Fox who are both Left Backs by trade?

Your subs bench is supposed to provide cover and/or help change the game, naming a right sided player rather than a load of Left footed players would provide the cover/balance required. I think against Derby we had 5 or 6 players in the squad who can play Left Back, WTF?

I think it will be interesting on Saturday if Baker is suspended.

I suspect Palmer is in Jos’s naughty corner 

4 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

That's what I don't understand about Fletcher - how is he much different to the above names? How many 90 minutes does he play, how often does he play 2 games in a week (apart form for Scotland)?

He must have slipped through the criteria net !! Hooper has no chance he may as well retire or move . 

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

His body is keeping him out sadly.

14/15 - age 28 - played 2200 minutes

15/16 - age 29 - 1980 minutes

16/17 - age 30 - 740 minutes

17/18 - age 31 - 160 minutes

Now 32, You’d have to say it’s highly improbable he’s an answer for us.

Just want to see him play , get a run in the team then an opinion can be formed , I no longer trust Jos’s judgement 

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

If Abdi's fit which he apparently is then surely he's worth having as an option on the bench rather than having 4 defenders on there again as we have done for 2 of the last 3 home games. He's done little for us, and his injury record is a joke, but he was a key player in a promoted side when playing as an attacking midfielder which wasn't really compatible with CC's rigid 442 formation so he's never really played for us in a position that suits him. In a different formation he may thrive, but it seems that he'll never be given the chance and we'd rather keep a very highly paid player out of the squad altogether and not even look at him in an U23 game.

Same with Boyd really, I wouldn't start him but again he's surely worth having on the bench. What does he offer? Well despite barely playing and often being played out of position when he has, he's actually still scored as many goals for us in 2018 as Bannan and Pelupessy combined...

As for Hutch, we all know that he's a better player than Pelupessy and can also play well as a CB so should be on the bench minimum, but it looks like he'll never play for us again despite being contracted for another 18 months.

Spot on.  Sams injury and disciplinary record are suspect but he is a valuable option on the bench, can cover CB and midfield and wants to prove himself.

Boyd has been poor but he's still an experienced player, better to have him than an academy player.

If Abdi is fit I'd play him before Pelupessy or Onomah for 3 games, he's shown he's a very good player and should be on the bench at least.

3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Here we have a 2013 plate Audi A6 

It's been to the moon and back thrashed within an inch of its life .

Wife's kerbed every wheel 

Every panels dinged with supermarket trolley scars 

Kids have shàt all their sweets n drinks all over inside 

There's 15 fàg burns in the seats ..

It use's more oil to run than petrol 

Engine management light won't go out..

How much do I want? 

Ive  been honest with all its flaws 

It used to be a great motor ...

It's got loads wrong with it ...

Make me an offer closest to 15 grand ...

500 quid ?

It's a deal !!

lol

Thanks for your kind offer Mr Chansiri, but in this instance I will say No !