Blackburn Presser

A question i would like an answer to in the upcoming Press Conference 

Q. Will George Boyd, Almen Abdi, David Jones, Kieran Westwood  or Sam Hutchinson ever be selected for either a match day squad or the starting eleven whilst you are manager of Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Boothy said:

Q. Will George Boyd, Almen Abdi, David Jones, Kieran Westwood  or Sam Hutchinson ever be selected for either a match day squad or the starting eleven whilst you are manager of Sheffield Wednesday.

I think this has been done to death ffs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boothy said:

A. No

The club get slated for signings like Boyd, Abdi and Jones but i remember thinking at the time that it was a smart move bringing them in.

All consistently played at a higher level the season before joining and all had proven quality at this level. 

Jones / Boyd were not the answer last season so not sure they will be this season either! Jones had the odd decent game but was ironically last seasons Joey in that he got flak all season. 

I understand why people want Westwood and Hutchinson back in the team

But why on earth does anyone want Abdi, Jones or Boyd anywhere near the first team? All three have been utter gash nearly every time they've played for us

Fair enough get annoyed for freezing out Westwood & Hutch but the fake outrage at every little thing is getting boring 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Boothy said:

It’s already been asked and answered.

Paraphrasing answer here but was along the lines of: I will only select players that are up to the rigours of the championship and that are able to train every session, play regularly. 

That excludes Westwood, Hutch, Abdi etc. 

It may not be the answer you wanted but it has already been given. 

• Like 1

why even bother turn up to interview him, it'll be same questions, he'll not answer them & the questions he will answer the words will all be jumbled up, bored to death of him, it's a good job I go to the game with some good mates who like me have minor drink problems otherwise there's no way I'd be going

• Haha 8

Guest Jack the Hat
14 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

I understand why people want Westwood and Hutchinson back in the team

But why on earth does anyone want Abdi, Jones or Boyd anywhere near the first team? All three have been utter gash nearly every time they've played for us

Fair enough get annoyed for freezing out Westwood & Hutch but the fake outrage at every little thing is getting boring 

Abdi hasn't had a long enough run in the team to call him gash; particularly as he clearly has talent. Also he plays a position we are thin in. If he's fit he should be in the squad - if you disagree then could you tell me who is keeping him out?

15 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

It’s already been asked and answered.

Paraphrasing answer here but was along the lines of: I will only select players that are up to the rigours of the championship and that are able to train every session, play regularly. 

That excludes Westwood, Hutch, Abdi etc. 

It may not be the answer you wanted but it has already been given. 

That's what I don't understand about Fletcher - how is he much different to the above names? How many 90 minutes does he play, how often does he play 2 games in a week (apart form for Scotland)?

45 minutes ago, Boothy said:

That's  question for DC to answer   not Jos. 

3 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Abdi hasn't had a long enough run in the team to call him gash; particularly as he clearly has talent. Also he plays a position we are thin in. If he's fit he should be in the squad - if you disagree then could you tell me who is keeping him out?

If Abdi's fit which he apparently is then surely he's worth having as an option on the bench rather than having 4 defenders on there again as we have done for 2 of the last 3 home games. He's done little for us, and his injury record is a joke, but he was a key player in a promoted side when playing as an attacking midfielder which wasn't really compatible with CC's rigid 442 formation so he's never really played for us in a position that suits him. In a different formation he may thrive, but it seems that he'll never be given the chance and we'd rather keep a very highly paid player out of the squad altogether and not even look at him in an U23 game.

Same with Boyd really, I wouldn't start him but again he's surely worth having on the bench. What does he offer? Well despite barely playing and often being played out of position when he has, he's actually still scored as many goals for us in 2018 as Bannan and Pelupessy combined...

As for Hutch, we all know that he's a better player than Pelupessy and can also play well as a CB so should be on the bench minimum, but it looks like he'll never play for us again despite being contracted for another 18 months.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

If Abdi's fit which he apparently is then surely he's worth having as an option on the bench rather than having 4 defenders on there again as we have done for 2 of the last 3 home games. He's done little for us, and his injury record is a joke, but he was a key player in a promoted side when playing as an attacking midfielder which wasn't really compatible with CC's rigid 442 formation so he's never really played for us in a position that suits him. In a different formation he may thrive, but it seems that he'll never be given the chance and we'd rather keep a very highly paid player out of the squad altogether and not even look at him in an U23 game.

Same with Boyd really, I wouldn't start him but again he's surely worth having on the bench. What does he offer? Well despite barely playing and often being played out of position when he has, he's actually still scored as many goals for us in 2018 as Bannan and Pelupessy combined...

As for Hutch, we all know that he's a better player than Pelupessy and can also play well as a CB so should be on the bench minimum, but it looks like he'll never play for us again despite being contracted for another 18 months.

Bang on.

The Subs bench has been bizarre for a while now. Take Tuesday night for example, unless Palmer was injured, why wasn't he at least named on the bench - if Baker needed to go off, who would have played Right Back/Wing back? Yet we had Pudil and Fox who are both Left Backs by trade?

Your subs bench is supposed to provide cover and/or help change the game, naming a right sided player rather than a load of Left footed players would provide the cover/balance required. I think against Derby we had 5 or 6 players in the squad who can play Left Back, WTF?