North Stand Concourse After The Game

2 minutes ago, swfc1301 said:

Get well soon, Harry.

We were with him until the St John’s people came. There were no stewards on the concourse after the game so a friend put him in the recovery position and I picked up one of those emergency phones to call someone. 

Properly shook me up. Wishing him a quick and speedy recovery. 

Thank you and thanks to your friend too.

H has been going 82 years and had a season ticket every year since they started. First one codt him a Guinea.

Having an operation later today.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sheffieldblue said:

Thank you and thanks to your friend too.

H has been going 82 years and had a season ticket every year since they started. First one codt him a Guinea.

Having an operation later today.

What a superstar he is. This is one thing we can all agree on. Get well soon Harry.

This man sounds a legend and I wish him a speedy recovery. 82 years and a ST every year they’re available and this happens to him on the same night fellow owls are on FH hoping we lose sounded proud that they’re not going to their 2nd game in a row.

Get well soon Harry 

2 hours ago, mirocevic said:

Is there anyone smart enough to start a just giving account for this poor man?.

Lets get Harry a box for a game from the fellow supporters.

what would be nice is all our supporters over 80 to be allowed to attend a xmas party at the club ,I know a few in there 80`s what attend every game inc night games , it shouldn't need one of our incredibly loyal supporters to have a bad fall for club to show some appreciation towards them ,im sure chansiri could afford to lay something on for them out of his pocket. maybe players could chip into a fund to buy them all a gift too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swfc1301 said:

so a friend put him in the recovery position

Well done.

Being an old bore - there are two things people should do if they get the chance.

1) Go on a First Aid course - especially anyone with a young family. Defibrillators are common place now - do you know how to use one?

CPR - 2 breaths, 25 pumps - I always forget the ratio - 2 BREASTS!!!! That’s how I remember.

2) Give Blood.

Both can save lives and make you feel good. Don’t leave it to someone else.

Your employers may help too. The NCB were very pro First Aid. Ask your employer - they like first aiders at the workplace, most pay an annual bonus to you too.

Lecture over.

Get well soon Harry.

And well done the First Aider.

Edited by ReadingOwl

6 hours ago, sheffieldblue said:

Just had a call from a good friend, the man's son in law

The man who had the fall is Harry Johnson , 89 years old,

He is currently in the Hallamshire, being moved to a High Intensive ward.

He has broken his jaw in 5 places, an eye socket, lost several teeth, several deep cuts and severe facial bruising too.

I speak to him most home games, he is a really nice guy and im sure we will all wish him a speedy and complete recovery

Poor chap...all best and hopefully a speedy recovery.

5 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Get back fit soon Harry.

At 89, Perhaps on his return to watch the team the club can relocate him to an easily accessible location in the South stand?

Terrible thing to happen !!

Wishing him a very speedy recovery.

But I doubt he will want relocating to the South Stand..............That's where all the OLD people sit.:rolleyes:

sorting a just giving page is a great idea.

while it might not be enough to get a box for a game, (the club should do that anyway) it may well get enough to pay for his season ticket for the rest of his life.

keep your chin up Harry. hope you make a full recovery.