Players to get rid of

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

You understand this no money policy - because of years of miss management by our current chairman we cannot go out and spend millions on players we have to shop smart bring in players who have the quality but need developing thats what Iorfa is a proven at least Championship quality player and won't cost millions in fact in the summer he will be free to a good home.

But don't worry we can guarantee something we have more chance of signing Ronald McDonald that Christie or Byram. :duntmatter:

Why do you think iorfa is going on a free?

15 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Why do you think iorfa is going on a free?

He has 6 months left on his contract and is surplus to requirements at Wolves, if no one picks him up in January for a small fee he will be a free transfer in the summer as he will be 24 then - Birthday 24th June. 

Ebank Landell is in the same boat but he was at Bramall Lane I think a few seasons ago so he is now tainted.

16 hours ago, room0035 said:

Come January sell Reach and Bannan for hopefully close to £20m (Reach £12m + add ons, Bannan £8m), bring in Nick Powell as replacement for Bannan is a free agent in the summer but in January may cost £2m don't need to replace Reach as Fessi plays wide left.

Finance issues at the club sorted, we could maybe get rid of a few of the contracts in January paid up such as Abdi, Jones, Boyd then start next season with a virtual clean slate. 

Sell Bannan and Reach and we will be relegated. I have absolutely no doubt about it.

3 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

Sell Bannan and Reach and we will be relegated. I have absolutely no doubt about it.

Reach is playing well but is our most salable asset we could get anything from £10-15m with the crazy that is the current transfer market. A fit Fessi will be more important to us this season than Reach

Bannan is playing ok but spends most of the match in his own half so we are not using him well, if this continues take the money Villa offered reportedly £8m and as i said previously reinvest a few million and bring in Nick Powell as his replacement. With Powell you get the creative flare of Bannan but he also scores goals. 

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He has 6 months left on his contract and is surplus to requirements at Wolves, if no one picks him up in January for a small fee he will be a free transfer in the summer as he will be 24 then - Birthday 24th June. 

Ebank Landell is in the same boat but he was at Bramall Lane I think a few seasons ago so he is now tainted.

So nobody seems to want him then?

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

The obvious ones are the pointless money sucking crocks such as abdi , hooper and Hutchinson . Unfortunately we are stuck with them 

Agree with Hooper but if the other two are not injured the club is not trying to get them in the shop window, Hutch has 18 months left of his contract and according to everyone i speak to Abdi is a good player.

Neither Hutch or Abdi have been involved in any under 23 games in over 3 months - why??????

I would also look to offload Fletcher he has 18 months left and for the £30,000+ he is on he just does not deliver enough for me and he is once again injured. 

I would also be speaking with Norwich to see if they want to sign Rhodes permanently for say £5m so we at least only make a small loss.

Just now, Costello 77 said:

So nobody seems to want him then?

It is one of those things a new manager comes in wants his own players and other get pushed out. We as a club should understand that better than most.

Venancio under Carlos not deemed good enough - Under Jos was one of the best players of the season.

Westwood, Hutch main stays of our team under Carlos - not deemed good enough by Jos.

Iorfa has over 100 championship appearance is a good age and physically a beast at 6ft 2", can play both full back and wing back and is an improvement on what we currently have, if we are shopping in the free agents market he would be a good addition in the summer if not get him on loan in January. There is a lot of Championship and league one interest in him and also rangers in Scotland

He is also currently playing in a back 3 on the right side which again would fit right into our team, has played all season for the under 23's so probably fitted than half our team.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wolves-pair-set-january-offers-15475060

Release

Matias (maybe pay as you play or 1 year contract if able to prove fitness)

Westwood

Abdi

Boyd

Jones

Hooper (maybe pay as you play or 1 year contract if able to prove fitness)

KLee (maybe pay as you play or 1 year contract if able to prove fitness)

Pudil

Transfer List

Fletcher

Nuhiu

Fox

Hutchinson (never going to play unfortunately)

Stobbs

Van Aken

Loan

Most of the non first team youngsters, Baker and Preston etc

Resign

Palmer

Cash in if good deal comes in

Jawow

Reach

Fessi

Sign

Centre back

left back

right back

defensive midfielder

players with PACE in all areas!

(Very Football Manager esque i know!)

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Reach is playing well but is our most salable asset we could get anything from £10-15m with the crazy that is the current transfer market. A fit Fessi will be more important to us this season than Reach

Bannan is playing ok but spends most of the match in his own half so we are not using him well, if this continues take the money Villa offered reportedly £8m and as i said previously reinvest a few million and bring in Nick Powell as his replacement. With Powell you get the creative flare of Bannan but he also scores goals. 

i just can't see how we would replace them both. It would demoralise the team as they are part of our spine.

I reckon Thornley is gonna be a great player. Baker I have no high hopes for, hope I'm wrong but can't see it. Hooper and Lee are done I think. Sick of hoping for them to return tbh. Bannan can be fantastic but seems to be on a downward slope lately. Really hope we can keep hold of Reach but if needs must and all that. Next season got to be a massive rebuilding of the team. 

On 28/11/2018 at 12:14, wawawuto said:

Palmer- Nowhere near good enough. Nothing more needed to be said.

Baker- Maybe a loan, but definitely not good enough yet. 

Pudil- Will be 34 by next season, needs to go soon.

Van Aken- Try and recover any of what we spent on him.

Fox- If anyone will take him, contract is unfortunately until 2020.

Abdi- Release

Boyd- Release

Jones- Release

Matias- Can't be on pennies, maybe see if he will take a pay cut, if not release.

Joao- Way too inconsistent, can't be relied upon. Try and get a decent fee.

Nuhiu- Nowhere near good enough, love the bloke but simply has to go.

Hooper- Try and get him to stay, maybe some sort of pay as you play deal etc, if not wages too high and struggling for fitness. Release (Possibly)

Lee- As unfortunate as it is, if he is never going to play again we aren't really in a position to keep paying him at the moment are we. 

Rhodes- Hopefully he keeps scoring for Norwich and we can get a very nice fee for him. 

Try and keep Westwood if we can sort finances out, Hutchinson too if rumours are true and he is fit.

Consider any nice offers for Bannan, Forestieri or Reach, if not keep and build around them.

So pretty much get rid of everyone

• Haha 1