Players to get rid of

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Without knowing for far in the financial mire we are would it break the bank to offer Palmer a new deal until next summer 2020 at the very least he can do a job as a decent squad player for us. He is more consistent that Baker and rarely lets you down. i just wish he could kick the ball straight and get his first ever goal in this league.

Nothing against Palmer bit he needs to be a squad player at most and we should be looking at bringing in a new RB. Mind you if we go down he could be one of the class acts in that division.

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Teams in the premier league pick up a lot of championship youngsters on the off chance one or two make it. There is no reason why someone won't look at either of the two goal keepers and if they get them for no more than say £1m they would take a punt on them.

Quite a few teams are sniffing around Penney and he has played barely double figure game but could have the potential thats how it now works in the premier league and the reason football is so broken in this country. 

Yes Penney, because he has impressed at times. Dawson hasnt

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You understand this no money policy - because of years of miss management by our current chairman we cannot go out and spend millions on players we have to shop smart bring in players who have the quality but need developing thats what Iorfa is a proven at least Championship quality player and won't cost millions in fact in the summer he will be free to a good home.

But don't worry we can guarantee something we have more chance of signing Ronald McDonald that Christie or Byram. :duntmatter:

Cost millions? Sam Byram is currently on loan. Not sure why you have this very bizarre idea that anyone half decent must cost millions. This obsession with free transfers is baffling. Byram on loan or Iorfa on a free, I know who most people are going for. 

Just now, wawawuto said:

Cost millions? Sam Byram is currently on loan. Not sure why you have this very bizarre idea that anyone half decent must cost millions. This obsession with free transfers is baffling. Byram on loan or Iorfa on a free, I know who most people are going for. 

Sam Byram was bought by West Ham from Leeds for £3.7m and is currently on about £40,000 a week he has 2 years left of a 4 year deal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/sam-byram-to-west-ham-37m-deal-completed-for-leeds-united-defender-a6823136.html

I really don#'t know if you have not followed the Owls for the last few years or you think Profit and Sustainability is a myth and we can sign who ever we want for what ever money they cost.

How many players have we signed in the last 2 transfer windows 3 players - Pelupessy cost £400,000, Hector and Onamah are on season loans with their parent clubs helping us out with the wages where do you expect we will find £40,000 a week for a full back when we cannot afford to play players like Westwood and Jones because of their appearance fees.

9 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

Another one of those cheap players you are on about. I can see Fulham letting us have him for next to nothing can you, he's on a London Salary so probably on less than Palmer currently is ROFL :duntmatter:

https://www.balls.ie/football/cyrus-christie-completes-late-3m-championship-move-382457

Another one of those cheap players you are on about. I can see Fulham letting us have him for next to nothing can you, he's on a London Salary so probably on less than Palmer currently is ROFL :duntmatter:

https://www.balls.ie/football/cyrus-christie-completes-late-3m-championship-move-382457

Yes, theyve got Denis Odoi and Timothy Fosu-Mensah in on loan, so we could foreseeable loan him in. Not sure why you think it's so difficult to sign players. 

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Sam Byram was bought by West Ham from Leeds for £3.7m and is currently on about £40,000 a week he has 2 years left of a 4 year deal.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/sam-byram-to-west-ham-37m-deal-completed-for-leeds-united-defender-a6823136.html

I really don#'t know if you have not followed the Owls for the last few years or you think Profit and Sustainability is a myth and we can sign who ever we want for what ever money they cost.

How many players have we signed in the last 2 transfer windows 3 players - Pelupessy cost £400,000, Hector and Onamah are on season loans with their parent clubs helping us out with the wages where do you expect we will find £40,000 a week for a full back when we cannot afford to play players like Westwood and Jones because of their appearance fees.

Yes, he is on loan. He's not wanted by West Ham. End of season, sign him on loan. Not rocket science tbh

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I honestly wouldn't care if they all went. This group of players have gone stale. They had their chance and it's time they moved on. It desperately needed freshening up 18 months ago.

This, couldn't agree more. In the summer i was like we need to keep Lee's, Bannan and Forestieri. Now i really don't care who goes, it needs a complete rebuild from top to bottom.

1 minute ago, wawawuto said:

Yes, he is on loan. He's not wanted by West Ham. End of season, sign him on loan. Not rocket science tbh

I give up you must either be a child or have the mental capacity of one.

Unless you are gifting £2m to pay the wages of Sam Byram to the club then good on you. :picnic:

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

The embargo is recaluclated every season.

This season we breach it in April 2018 and could sign or resign no players until we sold Hunt and loan out Rhodes with the fees coming in.

Next season we will once again have breached the £39m losses unless players and sold or loan in January in bring in savings in wages or money in transfer so come next summer we will once again be under an embargo.

When a chairman says if we don't get promoted we are in the poo, we have only just started the pain, if the club do nothing to get rid of players then we could be looking at 2020/21 season before we can sign any players on transfer fees again by that time all but about 4 of the current squad will still be contract. This is the sort of mess we are in under Chansiri not having a clue what he is doing. 

This is correct and why we need to act in January. As if by April we haven't convinced the EFL that by 31st July 2019 we will hit the loss of 39 million we will be under another embargo.

If you look at what we have as sellable as mentioned its Reach Bannan and Forestieri. with the current situation, Forestieri will not generate anything like the money he is worth. Bannan could generate decent money but not millions where as Reach could potentially solve our issues.

Now to me reach is probably worth about 8-9 million but with his form and the fact he's English and would probably be more suited to the premiership I think we could get more. If we could get over 12 million I believe that would break us even. The problem would be the replacement would have to be a loan and he wouldn't be as good but that's the hit we will have to take.

I give up you must either be a child or have the mental capacity of one.

Unless you are gifting £2m to pay the wages of Sam Byram to the club then good on you. :picnic:

£2 million hahaha you get funnier every post. Let's assume that he's on £50,000 a week, no doubt it will be less but let's go with that. 50 times 45 (length of the loan) is 2.25 million. Divide that by 2 as normally the parent club pays 50%, we would pay just over a million. West Ham clearly don't want him, will be available on the cheap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

£2 million hahaha you get funnier every post. Let's assume that he's on £50,000 a week, no doubt it will be less but let's go with that. 50 times 45 (length of the loan) is 2.25 million. Divide that by 2 as normally the parent club pays 50%, we would pay just over a million. West Ham clearly don't want him, will be available on the cheap.

£40,000 a week x 52 weeks in a year = £2,080,000 an employer then has to pay 13.8% National insurance on the full amount thats another £287,040, by law them employers also has to pay 3% pension for the employee thats another £62,400, add to that every single premier league club charges a loan fee, to sign Jordan Rhodes from Boro it cost us £2m + his salary, Gary Hooper a few years back signed on loan the fee then was £500,000 + his wages.

£2m is a conservative figure more likely it will be a lot more than that for a player that may not play 30 games in a season.

We as the parent club will not pay any of the wages to any club hence the reason no one wants any of our players on loan

this is not Championship manager it is real life you are signing a player from another club Chelsea make maybe 10m a season from loaning players out they loan out 30-40 players who are all youth players, they have a team that looks after it because of the money they make from this.

Next season new laws are coming in for loan players which will mean clubs only being able to loan a few players out each season the figure being mentioned is 8 players - which will mean a lot of squad players this summer being sold apologise about the link from the mirror but you get the gist.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fifa-plan-radical-changes-loan-13236814

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I honestly wouldn't care if they all went. This group of players have gone stale. They had their chance and it's time they moved on. It desperately needed freshening up 18 months ago.

This guy could have taken care of that for a fraction of the money spent.

438684146_download(1).jpeg.3a21114bba8a747770f8f9b24ff2b072.jpeg

Offers for the likes of Reach will be listened to I'm sure. 

Badly need to get rid of Hutchinson, Lee, Abdi and Hooper.  Frightening to think how much money they've been paid since they last kicked a ball.  It's a shame in Kieran Lee's case but his contract is up, we'd be insane to renew it.   

Squad needs a real freshen up in the summer, it'll be loans and frees but that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing as other clubs have shown. We just need to be much smarter about it than we have in the past. 

59 minutes ago, room0035 said:

£40,000 a week x 52 weeks in a year = £2,080,000 an employer then has to pay 13.8% National insurance on the full amount thats another £287,040, by law them employers also has to pay 3% pension for the employee thats another £62,400, add to that every single premier league club charges a loan fee, to sign Jordan Rhodes from Boro it cost us £2m + his salary, Gary Hooper a few years back signed on loan the fee then was £500,000 + his wages.

£2m is a conservative figure more likely it will be a lot more than that for a player that may not play 30 games in a season.

We as the parent club will not pay any of the wages to any club hence the reason no one wants any of our players on loan

this is not Championship manager it is real life you are signing a player from another club Chelsea make maybe 10m a season from loaning players out they loan out 30-40 players who are all youth players, they have a team that looks after it because of the money they make from this.

Next season new laws are coming in for loan players which will mean clubs only being able to loan a few players out each season the figure being mentioned is 8 players - which will mean a lot of squad players this summer being sold apologise about the link from the mirror but you get the gist.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fifa-plan-radical-changes-loan-13236814

Would be nowhere near £2 million. To think that is pathetic. 

Though I can agree on those rules limiting the number of loanees. How Chelsea stockpile young players, with hardly any ever breaking through to their team is pathetic.

People seem to be forgetting that if we lass FFP this season (and there seems to be no reason why not due to our prudent spending so far) we'll be able to spend a little bit of money again next summer. After this season, money spent from year two (16/17) will go off the books meaning we'd have that room again in the summer. It seems we have passed the period of 15-18, although we won't know for sure until April. Hopefully we will have lowered ourselves by a bit to alleviate some of the pain.

To make sure we pass I think we should sell someone for good money, would give us 15 or so million in leeway.

Not much of course as that would put is back in the FFP poo. I'm not naive enough to think we'll blow it all again. But maybe Chansiri will see that and think fizz it, let's gamble? He's shown himself as daft enough to do it.

Also we'd recover some of the wage budget when Big earners like Westwood, Lee and Hooper go too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

People seem to be forgetting that if we lass FFP this season (and there seems to be no reason why not due to our prudent spending so far) we'll be able to spend a little bit of money again next summer. After this season, money spent from year two (16/17) will go off the books meaning we'd have that room again in the summer. It seems we have passed the period of 15-18, although we won't know for sure until April. Hopefully we will have lowered ourselves by a bit to alleviate some of the pain.

To make sure we pass I think we should sell someone for good money, would give us 15 or so million in leeway.

Not much of course as that would put is back in the FFP poo. I'm not naive enough to think we'll blow it all again. But maybe Chansiri will see that and think fizz it, let's gamble? He's shown himself as daft enough to do it.

Also we'd recover some of the wage budget when Big earners like Westwood, Lee and Hooper go too.

This season we have the losses of season 2016/17 which were £21m, the losses of last season which will be in the region of £15-20m and the losses expected for this season. We have broke FFP this season based on these figure but based on the losses being £39m over 3 season I can only think last season was not as much as the season before.

We will find out in April 2019 at the latest because if the club have not released their accounts for last season 2017/18 (Account to May 2018) they will be placed under an embargo for breaking the league rules on filing account no later than 1st March each year.

But we have circa losses of £30m from last season and this so we will be close to the limits without any player sales or additional income. I don't see us renaming the stadium anytime soon or getting in a few million for a shirt deal so we need to hope someone makes us an offer we cannot refuse for one or a few of our players.

I do not expect we will be paying a transfer fee for any players until the start of 2020/20201. When the big loss making years drop off of last season and the one before. I hope I am wrong but I cannot see the figures being that great for last season

Come January sell Reach and Bannan for hopefully close to £20m (Reach £12m + add ons, Bannan £8m), bring in Nick Powell as replacement for Bannan is a free agent in the summer but in January may cost £2m don't need to replace Reach as Fessi plays wide left.

Finance issues at the club sorted, we could maybe get rid of a few of the contracts in January paid up such as Abdi, Jones, Boyd then start next season with a virtual clean slate. 

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

This season we have the losses of season 2016/17 which were £21m, the losses of last season which will be in the region of £15-20m and the losses expected for this season. We have broke FFP this season based on these figure but based on the losses being £39m over 3 season I can only think last season was not as much as the season before.

We will find out in April 2019 at the latest because if the club have not released their accounts for last season 2017/18 (Account to May 2018) they will be placed under an embargo for breaking the league rules on filing account no later than 1st March each year.

But we have circa losses of £30m from last season and this so we will be close to the limits without any player sales or additional income. I don't see us renaming the stadium anytime soon or getting in a few million for a shirt deal so we need to hope someone makes us an offer we cannot refuse for one or a few of our players.

I do not expect we will be paying a transfer fee for any players until the start of 2020/20201. When the big loss making years drop off of last season and the one before. I hope I am wrong but I cannot see the figures being that great for last season

Agree with your reasoning on the losses.

One thing that may be in our favour though, and I may well be wrong :rolleyes:.

I'm sure I read somewhere (can't find it now) that although the EFL were tightening up on P&S sanctions / punishments.

That the main object of P&S was to ensure that clubs were managing their finances correctly but, if clubs fell foul they may be given a chance to show that they had plans in place to get back into a better financial position.

If they could convince the EFL of this penalties may be not so severe eg. soft embargo's etc. This could be a reason for ours and I think Birmingham's soft embargo.

As I say I may have got this wrong but I'm sure I read something along these lines.

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We wouldn't have been allowed out of our transfer embargo if we didn't pass for 17/18. Just cos we don't know them doesn't mean the FA don't.

I can see a shakeup of the side next season, maximum of loans available and free agents galore.