Players to get rid of

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The embargo is recaluclated every season.

This season we breach it in April 2018 and could sign or resign no players until we sold Hunt and loan out Rhodes with the fees coming in.

Next season we will once again have breached the £39m losses unless players and sold or loan in January in bring in savings in wages or money in transfer so come next summer we will once again be under an embargo.

When a chairman says if we don't get promoted we are in the poo, we have only just started the pain, if the club do nothing to get rid of players then we could be looking at 2020/21 season before we can sign any players on transfer fees again by that time all but about 4 of the current squad will still be contract. This is the sort of mess we are in under Chansiri not having a clue what he is doing. 

When you read it again its almost laughable

If the club knew what it was doing (big if), they would have drawn up a list of targets already to backfill the players leaving and any possible sells. That includes for staying up and being relegated. This should tie up with any long term and short term plans (do we have one) and our chosen preferred formation for next year.

Are we doing? Who knows. If i was a betting man i would say no as we are crap.

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If we had any money I would be trying to get Dominic Iorfa former England under 21 at Wolves not getting a game and a free agent in the summer, Ebanks Landell is also available in the summer for free and would be a good centre back option.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/27/do-report-a-dozen-scouts-watch-wolves-duo-dominic-iorfa-and-etha/

Iorfa is a terrible player. He's 23 now and just come back from a poor loan spell at Ipswich. May as well stick with Palmer if thats the calibre of player we are going for. 

14 minutes ago, billyblack said:

If the club knew what it was doing (big if), they would have drawn up a list of targets already to backfill the players leaving and any possible sells. That includes for staying up and being relegated. This should tie up with any long term and short term plans (do we have one) and our chosen preferred formation for next year.

Are we doing? Who knows. If i was a betting man i would say no as we are crap.

I'm not a betting man either but my opinion is that JL is, and has been all along, aware that a massive change over of players is long overdue. I'm convinced that his current policy of playing younger, inexperienced players is to give them a grounding and gain confidence/experience. They won't get that if he caved in to the lunatic fringe of supporters demanding he play their old, injury prone favourites. Having said that, it's a high risk strategy - but essential for the long term future of the club. I'm afraid there's a lot of pain to go through before we are a force again. 

56 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

Iorfa is a terrible player. He's 23 now and just come back from a poor loan spell at Ipswich. May as well stick with Palmer if thats the calibre of player we are going for. 

He is young has played over 100 games at championship level for Wolves and Ipswich when playing regularly with wolves he made it into the England under 21's team. He is 6ft 4" so is a threat in both boxes and can play both full back and wing back. As our current manager like to change game to game a player as versatile as him would be advantages and isa an improvement of what we currently have.

Oh and based on the fact we have no money he is a free agent in the summer.

But don't let any of that worry you we will have no right sided defenders with your plan so we will have to take anyone. :picnic:

40 minutes ago, Gildowl said:

I'm not a betting man either but my opinion is that JL is, and has been all along, aware that a massive change over of players is long overdue. I'm convinced that his current policy of playing younger, inexperienced players is to give them a grounding and gain confidence/experience. They won't get that if he caved in to the lunatic fringe of supporters demanding he play their old, injury prone favourites. Having said that, it's a high risk strategy - but essential for the long term future of the club. I'm afraid there's a lot of pain to go through before we are a force again. 

We shall wait and see what Jos plan is, when we get a few key injuries to the likes of Lees, Bannan, Fessi as you say these injury prone players that we currently have Bannan missed 17 games last season because of injury, Fessi pretty much the whole season Lees has been out 10-15 game every one of the last 3 season.

When the spine of the team is gone and none of the other experienced players are match fit because Jos never allows them to play even development games his youth castle will start to crumble around him and we will be paying £30-40 to watch league one football - living the dream.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

We need a team of players as we won't be able to sign anyone of note in the summer if DC does not sell in January so

GK Dawson/ Wildsmith

Defense FB Penney/Baker/ Palmer/Fox

Defense CB Thorniley/Lees/ JVA

Midfield CM Bannan/ Pelupessy/Hutchinson/Kirkby

Midfield Wings Reach

Forwards Forestieri/ Fletcher/ Rhodes/ Nuihu/ Joao / Winnall

This is all the players that won't be out of contract this summer not including any kids who have not played any games. 

Compiling this has worried me we are very short at centre back, have no cover on the wings and one or two injures and we are relying on kids to step up.

Of the out of contract players i would be resigning up Palmer, Neilson and let the rest leave but we need 4 or 5 new players and this won't happen if its left until the summer. We also need to thin the strikers for me get rid of Fletcher and his big salary and Rhodes in salaries alone and no fees it would save the club another £3-4m a season in wages. 

some right cwap there bud,no wonder were all over the place

54 minutes ago, Gildowl said:

I do hope you are correct. Someone needs to be doing it. 

9 minutes ago, brando said:

in all honesty how many of our players could get another side to wan't em

match fit a lot more than the state most in the squad currently are.

Match fit in January I could see offers for Westwood, Jones, Boyd - all 30+ but have good pedigree in the Championship

Realistically they will stay sat at home claimed their excessive salaries due to our well run mad house of a club.

The only assets we have is Bannan, Fessi and Reach anyone else in the first team would be a gamble if not cheap. Someone may want Penney or Dawson or Wildsmith for their future potential but Wildsmith not playing a league game all season will have massively affected his confidence and likely resale value.   

Edited by room0035

17 minutes ago, room0035 said:

He is young has played over 100 games at championship level for Wolves and Ipswich when playing regularly with wolves he made it into the England under 21's team. He is 6ft 4" so is a threat in both boxes and can play both full back and wing back. As our current manager like to change game to game a player as versatile as him would be advantages and isa an improvement of what we currently have.

Oh and based on the fact we have no money he is a free agent in the summer.

But don't let any of that worry you we will have no right sided defenders with your plan so we will have to take anyone. :picnic:

Eh? As I said earlier, are you not aware you can sign players? But if it's players like Iorfa we may as well not bother. No better than Palmer. Has always looked suspect when I've seen him and he was poor at Ipswich. 

Try and get a quality player in, like Christie from Fulham or Sam Byram.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

match fit a lot more than the state most in the squad currently are.

Match fit in January I could see offers for Westwood, Jones, Boyd - all 30+ but have good pedigree in the Championship

Realistically they will stay sat at home claimed their excessive salaries due to our well run mad house of a club.

The only assets we have is Bannan, Fessi and Reach anyone else in the first team would be a gamble if not cheap. Someone may want Penney or Dawson or Wildsmith for their future potential but Wildsmith not playing a league game all season will have massively affected his confidence and likely resale value.   

Someone may want Dawson? Have I just seen that correctly?

Haha I don't dislike the lad but after this season he's had so far, the best offer he would get is a loan to the lower leagues. 

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Well this is my list, ignoring fringe youngsters

Wildsmith

Dawson

Palmer

Lees 

Penney

Thorniley

Baker

Joao

Winnall

Thats it

Everyone else can go to either clear wages or bring in some money

That list is quite frightening.  Having said that not sure I'd keep Palmer and would send Baker and Penney out on loan. 

12 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

Eh? As I said earlier, are you not aware you can sign players? But if it's players like Iorfa we may as well not bother. No better than Palmer. Has always looked suspect when I've seen him and he was poor at Ipswich. 

Try and get a quality player in, like Christie from Fulham or Sam Byram.

You understand this no money policy - because of years of miss management by our current chairman we cannot go out and spend millions on players we have to shop smart bring in players who have the quality but need developing thats what Iorfa is a proven at least Championship quality player and won't cost millions in fact in the summer he will be free to a good home.

But don't worry we can guarantee something we have more chance of signing Ronald McDonald that Christie or Byram. :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Only keeping Palmer as he still our best RB currently, decent age and wages arent too high i suspect. 

I thought that was the case but it just shows how far we are dropping when we have to accept those reasons 

16 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

Someone may want Dawson? Have I just seen that correctly?

Haha I don't dislike the lad but after this season he's had so far, the best offer he would get is a loan to the lower leagues. 

Teams in the premier league pick up a lot of championship youngsters on the off chance one or two make it. There is no reason why someone won't look at either of the two goal keepers and if they get them for no more than say £1m they would take a punt on them.

Quite a few teams are sniffing around Penney and he has played barely double figure game but could have the potential thats how it now works in the premier league and the reason football is so broken in this country. 

4 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I thought that was the case but it just shows how far we are dropping when we have to accept those reasons 

Without knowing for far in the financial mire we are would it break the bank to offer Palmer a new deal until next summer 2020 at the very least he can do a job as a decent squad player for us. He is more consistent that Baker and rarely lets you down. i just wish he could kick the ball straight and get his first ever goal in this league.

Edited by room0035