Players to get rid of

Palmer- Nowhere near good enough. Nothing more needed to be said.

Baker- Maybe a loan, but definitely not good enough yet. 

Pudil- Will be 34 by next season, needs to go soon.

Van Aken- Try and recover any of what we spent on him.

Fox- If anyone will take him, contract is unfortunately until 2020.

Abdi- Release

Boyd- Release

Jones- Release

Matias- Can't be on pennies, maybe see if he will take a pay cut, if not release.

Joao- Way too inconsistent, can't be relied upon. Try and get a decent fee.

Nuhiu- Nowhere near good enough, love the bloke but simply has to go.

Hooper- Try and get him to stay, maybe some sort of pay as you play deal etc, if not wages too high and struggling for fitness. Release (Possibly)

Lee- As unfortunate as it is, if he is never going to play again we aren't really in a position to keep paying him at the moment are we. 

Rhodes- Hopefully he keeps scoring for Norwich and we can get a very nice fee for him. 

Try and keep Westwood if we can sort finances out, Hutchinson too if rumours are true and he is fit.

Consider any nice offers for Bannan, Forestieri or Reach, if not keep and build around them.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, wawawuto said:

Palmer- Nowhere near good enough. Nothing more needed to be said.

Baker- Maybe a loan, but definitely not good enough yet. 

Pudil- Will be 34 by next season, needs to go soon.

Van Aken- Try and recover any of what we spent on him.

Fox- If anyone will take him, contract is unfortunately until 2020.

Abdi- Release

Boyd- Release

Jones- Release

Matias- Can't be on pennies, maybe see if he will take a pay cut, if not release.

Joao- Way too inconsistent, can't be relied upon. Try and get a decent fee.

Nuhiu- Nowhere near good enough, love the bloke but simply has to go.

Hooper- Try and get him to stay, maybe some sort of pay as you play deal etc, if not wages too high and struggling for fitness. Release (Possibly)

Lee- As unfortunate as it is, if he is never going to play again we aren't really in a position to keep paying him at the moment are we. 

Rhodes- Hopefully he keeps scoring for Norwich and we can get a very nice fee for him. 

Try and keep Westwood if we can sort finances out, Hutchinson too if rumours are true and he is fit.

Consider any nice offers for Bannan, Forestieri or Reach, if not keep and build around them.

So you would get rid of our only senior right back then his replacement send out on loan, presumably we would play without a right back then.

You then also want to keep Hooper on a reported £35,000 a week, a player who we have not played for over a year and in his 3 season with us cost us over £5m in wages and a £3m transfer fee and produced just 23 goals or a goal every £368,000 spent. 

Wow!!!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So you would get rid of our only senior right back then his replacement send out on loan, presumably we would play without a right back then.

You then also want to keep Hooper on a reported £35,000 a week, a player who we have not played for over a year and in his 3 season with us cost us over £5m in wages and a £3m transfer fee and produced just 23 goals or a goal every £368,000 spent. 

Wow!!!

In fairness to the OP he did say to put Hooper on a pay & play deal or release and I'm assuming he would wish to bring in some replacements if all those were got rid of. Hopefully one that was capable of playing right back.

2 minutes ago, Brommers said:

In fairness to the OP he did say to put Hooper on a pay & play deal or release and I'm assuming he would wish to bring in some replacements if all those were got rid of. Hopefully one that was capable of playing right back.

That would be the replacement a club under a transfer embargo is able to sign then. WTF: replacement that cannot command a fee or be on over £10,000 a week including any loan fee in the deal. Good luck in getting anyone from the top 2 divisions in this country. Add to the likely changes in foreign players from abroad that market could also be shutting to us too soon.

Just now, billyblack said:

Its easier to make a list of who to keep

Exactly......winnall and joao to start every game up front...hector ..lees and thorniley to start every game  in defence....bannan midfield .. Penney left back.. reach left wing ...... sell or release everybody else.... get loans or free agents in to complete squad

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, room0035 said:

That would be the replacement a club under a transfer embargo is able to sign then. WTF: replacement that cannot command a fee or be on over £10,000 a week including any loan fee in the deal. Good luck in getting anyone from the top 2 divisions in this country. Add to the likely changes in foreign players from abroad that market could also be shutting to us too soon.

Didn't realise we were still under an embargo. Anyway, maybe we could look elsewhere for a right back, must be loads of em on FIFA 19 lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Well this is my list, ignoring fringe youngsters

Wildsmith

Dawson

Palmer

Lees 

Penney

Thorniley

Baker

Joao

Winnall

Thats it

Everyone else can go to either clear wages or bring in some money

We need a team of players as we won't be able to sign anyone of note in the summer if DC does not sell in January so

GK Dawson/ Wildsmith

Defense FB Penney/Baker/ Palmer/Fox

Defense CB Thorniley/Lees/ JVA

Midfield CM Bannan/ Pelupessy/Hutchinson/Kirkby

Midfield Wings Reach

Forwards Forestieri/ Fletcher/ Rhodes/ Nuihu/ Joao / Winnall

This is all the players that won't be out of contract this summer not including any kids who have not played any games. 

Compiling this has worried me we are very short at centre back, have no cover on the wings and one or two injures and we are relying on kids to step up.

Of the out of contract players i would be resigning up Palmer, Neilson and let the rest leave but we need 4 or 5 new players and this won't happen if its left until the summer. We also need to thin the strikers for me get rid of Fletcher and his big salary and Rhodes in salaries alone and no fees it would save the club another £3-4m a season in wages. 

24 minutes ago, simple84 said:

On last night’s performance, of the 11 that played I wouldn’t be bothered about any of them leaving.  

However I suppose you can’t blame the players wholly. They clearly don’t want to play for this coach.

Yeah, how dare they get three points. Sack them all.

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Wow!!!

EH? Have you never heard of signing a new player?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We need a team of players as we won't be able to sign anyone of note in the summer if DC does not sell in January so

GK Dawson/ Wildsmith

Defense FB Penney/Baker/ Palmer/Fox

Defense CB Thorniley/Lees/ JVA

Midfield CM Bannan/ Pelupessy/Hutchinson/Kirkby

Midfield Wings Reach

Forwards Forestieri/ Fletcher/ Rhodes/ Nuihu/ Joao / Winnall

This is all the players that won't be out of contract this summer not including any kids who have not played any games. 

Compiling this has worried me we are very short at centre back, have no cover on the wings and one or two injures and we are relying on kids to step up.

Of the out of contract players i would be resigning up Palmer, Neilson and let the rest leave but we need 4 or 5 new players and this won't happen if its left until the summer. We also need to thin the strikers for me get rid of Fletcher and his big salary and Rhodes in salaries alone and no fees it would save the club another £3-4m a season in wages. 

Absolutely mate. Thats why we need to offload a couple in January allowing us to get some free transfers in the summer. Its the only way for me. This scares me to death however as we only join transfer activity day before the window shuts

1 minute ago, Brommers said:

Didn't realise we were still under an embargo. Anyway, maybe we could look elsewhere for a right back, must be loads of em on FIFA 19 lol

The embargo is recaluclated every season.

This season we breach it in April 2018 and could sign or resign no players until we sold Hunt and loan out Rhodes with the fees coming in.

Next season we will once again have breached the £39m losses unless players and sold or loan in January in bring in savings in wages or money in transfer so come next summer we will once again be under an embargo.

When a chairman says if we don't get promoted we are in the poo, we have only just started the pain, if the club do nothing to get rid of players then we could be looking at 2020/21 season before we can sign any players on transfer fees again by that time all but about 4 of the current squad will still be contract. This is the sort of mess we are in under Chansiri not having a clue what he is doing. 

Would like to keep Hector.

Would definitely keep Banana and Foriesteri

Would proabably keep Reach, Joao, Lees, Dawson, Winnall and Pelupessy.

Rest can go.

Would love to see a fit Hooper, Hutchinson and Lee but it ain't going to happen

7 minutes ago, Brommers said:

If we had any money I would be trying to get Dominic Iorfa former England under 21 at Wolves not getting a game and a free agent in the summer, Ebanks Landell is also available in the summer for free and would be a good centre back option.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/27/do-report-a-dozen-scouts-watch-wolves-duo-dominic-iorfa-and-etha/