Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
@owlstalk

Jos Luhukay's thoughts on last night

Recommended Posts

Having broken the recent cycle of indifferent results, Jos Luhukay says the Owls can use the 1-0 victory over Bolton as a springboard for better things.

 

Skipper Tom Lees claimed the only goal of the game on Tuesday night as his side posted their first win in seven games.

 

Luhukay said: “This has to be the first step back. You are desperate to win after losing a few games, the pressure is high and I think we were a little nervous in the first half.

 

“The second half was better, we started well and played much better after getting the goal.
 

“We must not now be satisfied with one win because although it is a step in the right direction, it is a small step and we must continue to move forward on Saturday at Blackburn.”

 

Prior to the decisive goal, frustration was the order of the day in the stands and the dressing room after an uneventful first half at Hillsborough.

Luhukay added: “Of course I understand the frustration of the fans at half time, I felt the same way myself and this is what was said at half time.

“We needed to play with more drive and more purpose, which is what we did.

 

“We could have had more goals but I will take the 1-0 win because tonight the result and the three points was the most important thing.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this man is a complete idiot, the 1st half was appalling, penny coming off for ff has saved him for another week, but to still have one shot on target against the worst side ive seen in this league for years is not good enough, i really fear for us, and i dread his team sheet for Saturday already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's an inspirational tactical genius.

 

The haterz just don't understand football.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to look at the BBC match stats last night to confirm that we did only have one attempt on goal.

I thought we must have had more, but just couldn't remember.

 

Very poor game. But will be back for the next one with hopefully more shots on target.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, clampyowl said:

this man is a complete idiot, the 1st half was appalling, penny coming off for ff has saved him for another week, but to still have one shot on target against the worst side ive seen in this league for years is not good enough, i really fear for us, and i dread his team sheet for Saturday already 

 

 

and it's the managers fault that Reach , Joao , FF , Bannan all had chances (some very good) and they didnt hit the target ?

 

Criticise the team selection, the formation , the squad rotation, the tactics.... but dont lay the lack of shots on target at the manager' feet.    Thats the fault of players with absolutely no confidence.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

 

 

Thats the fault of players with absolutely no confidence.

 

But who's faults that??

2 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you asking me why Joao couldnt hit the target from 12 yards out ? 

 

There are 2 answers.

 

1- Jos, which is the answer you want, through his team selections and tactics. 

2- The toxic fanbase that harangue our players when any mistake is made. Dont get me wrong.... 1st half was abject....  worst i have seen in years.... but booing them off is counterproductive.

 

That was perhaps the stimulus for our players trying to gee up the crowd when we scored.

 

I overheard the classic line last night ... "I dont mind if we lose 1-0 tonight as long as the players try"    Matias had an indifferent game but you couldnt fault is effort, he never stopped running..... When he was taken off .. same person : "About time .. .he's w*nk" 

 

Quote from Parkinson :

 

"On the night you could sense there was a lack of confidence from Sheffield Wednesday. I felt the game was there for the taking tonight."

 

Our players are frightened to death to play at Hillsborough... 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jos’ quotes are all correct to be fair to him. 

 

We have to get at least a point at Blackburn to build on this. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

 

 

and it's the managers fault that Reach , Joao , FF , Bannan all had chances (some very good) and they didnt hit the target ?

 

Criticise the team selection, the formation , the squad rotation, the tactics.... but dont lay the lack of shots on target at the manager' feet.    Thats the fault of players with absolutely no confidence.

 

 

 

 

chances or half chances, we are cluless going forward, no movement, everyone just stood still looking at hector with the ball, that's the manager, our only saving grace last night was how terrible Bolton were, he has to go, or we are in big big trouble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's an inspirational tactical genius.

 

The haterz just don't understand football.

Quality post sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical tripe. Couldn’t motivate these players if his life depended on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Having broken the recent cycle of indifferent results, Jos Luhukay says the Owls can use the 1-0 victory over Bolton as a springboard for better things.

 

Skipper Tom Lees claimed the only goal of the game on Tuesday night as his side posted their first win in seven games.

 

Luhukay said: “This has to be the first step back. You are desperate to win after losing a few games, the pressure is high and I think we were a little nervous in the first half.

 

“The second half was better, we started well and played much better after getting the goal.
 

“We must not now be satisfied with one win because although it is a step in the right direction, it is a small step and we must continue to move forward on Saturday at Blackburn.”

 

Prior to the decisive goal, frustration was the order of the day in the stands and the dressing room after an uneventful first half at Hillsborough.

Luhukay added: “Of course I understand the frustration of the fans at half time, I felt the same way myself and this is what was said at half time.

“We needed to play with more drive and more purpose, which is what we did.

 

“We could have had more goals but I will take the 1-0 win because tonight the result and the three points was the most important thing.”

Wibble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's an inspirational tactical genius.

 

The haterz just don't understand football.

Yeah he contacted Alan Irvine Terry Yorath and Paul Jewell for inspiration as they like him are all Owls legends WTF:

Edited by ZicoSterland2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Manager.

 

Inspirational Captain.

 

Its all coming together.

 

:luhukay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

 

 

and it's the managers fault that Reach , Joao , FF , Bannan all had chances (some very good) and they didnt hit the target ?

 

Criticise the team selection, the formation , the squad rotation, the tactics.... but dont lay the lack of shots on target at the manager' feet.    Thats the fault of players with absolutely no confidence.

 

 

 

 

I think your right m8,they are missing on purpose now and playing below par so we get religated and thier value goes down so they don't have to leave in January and get the Manager out with dire performances becuse you know ever good player wants to always play in lower leauges and the Managers always want to get a few religations on thier cv for future work....:picnic:......UTO FTFB....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Yeah he contacted Alan Irvine Terry Yotath and Paul Jewell for inspiration as they like him are all Owls legends WTF:

Yep all Wednesday legends to United fansWTF:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Yep all Wednesday legends to United fansWTF:

4 of a kind sadly not the kind we need but as you say the Blunts love. Truly shocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...