Jos Luhukay's thoughts on last night

Having broken the recent cycle of indifferent results, Jos Luhukay says the Owls can use the 1-0 victory over Bolton as a springboard for better things.

Skipper Tom Lees claimed the only goal of the game on Tuesday night as his side posted their first win in seven games.

Luhukay said: “This has to be the first step back. You are desperate to win after losing a few games, the pressure is high and I think we were a little nervous in the first half.

“The second half was better, we started well and played much better after getting the goal.

“We must not now be satisfied with one win because although it is a step in the right direction, it is a small step and we must continue to move forward on Saturday at Blackburn.”

Prior to the decisive goal, frustration was the order of the day in the stands and the dressing room after an uneventful first half at Hillsborough.

Luhukay added: “Of course I understand the frustration of the fans at half time, I felt the same way myself and this is what was said at half time.

“We needed to play with more drive and more purpose, which is what we did.

“We could have had more goals but I will take the 1-0 win because tonight the result and the three points was the most important thing.”

Owlstalk Shop

this man is a complete idiot, the 1st half was appalling, penny coming off for ff has saved him for another week, but to still have one shot on target against the worst side ive seen in this league for years is not good enough, i really fear for us, and i dread his team sheet for Saturday already 

35 minutes ago, clampyowl said:

this man is a complete idiot, the 1st half was appalling, penny coming off for ff has saved him for another week, but to still have one shot on target against the worst side ive seen in this league for years is not good enough, i really fear for us, and i dread his team sheet for Saturday already 

and it's the managers fault that Reach , Joao , FF , Bannan all had chances (some very good) and they didnt hit the target ?

Criticise the team selection, the formation , the squad rotation, the tactics.... but dont lay the lack of shots on target at the manager' feet.    Thats the fault of players with absolutely no confidence.

Are you asking me why Joao couldnt hit the target from 12 yards out ? 

There are 2 answers.

1- Jos, which is the answer you want, through his team selections and tactics. 

2- The toxic fanbase that harangue our players when any mistake is made. Dont get me wrong.... 1st half was abject....  worst i have seen in years.... but booing them off is counterproductive.

That was perhaps the stimulus for our players trying to gee up the crowd when we scored.

I overheard the classic line last night ... "I dont mind if we lose 1-0 tonight as long as the players try"    Matias had an indifferent game but you couldnt fault is effort, he never stopped running..... When he was taken off .. same person : "About time .. .he's w*nk" 

Quote from Parkinson :

"On the night you could sense there was a lack of confidence from Sheffield Wednesday. I felt the game was there for the taking tonight."

Our players are frightened to death to play at Hillsborough... 

25 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

and it's the managers fault that Reach , Joao , FF , Bannan all had chances (some very good) and they didnt hit the target ?

Criticise the team selection, the formation , the squad rotation, the tactics.... but dont lay the lack of shots on target at the manager' feet.    Thats the fault of players with absolutely no confidence.

chances or half chances, we are cluless going forward, no movement, everyone just stood still looking at hector with the ball, that's the manager, our only saving grace last night was how terrible Bolton were, he has to go, or we are in big big trouble

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Having broken the recent cycle of indifferent results, Jos Luhukay says the Owls can use the 1-0 victory over Bolton as a springboard for better things.

Skipper Tom Lees claimed the only goal of the game on Tuesday night as his side posted their first win in seven games.

Luhukay said: “This has to be the first step back. You are desperate to win after losing a few games, the pressure is high and I think we were a little nervous in the first half.

“The second half was better, we started well and played much better after getting the goal.

“We must not now be satisfied with one win because although it is a step in the right direction, it is a small step and we must continue to move forward on Saturday at Blackburn.”

Prior to the decisive goal, frustration was the order of the day in the stands and the dressing room after an uneventful first half at Hillsborough.

Luhukay added: “Of course I understand the frustration of the fans at half time, I felt the same way myself and this is what was said at half time.

“We needed to play with more drive and more purpose, which is what we did.

“We could have had more goals but I will take the 1-0 win because tonight the result and the three points was the most important thing.”

Wibble

49 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

I think your right m8,they are missing on purpose now and playing below par so we get religated and thier value goes down so they don't have to leave in January and get the Manager out with dire performances becuse you know ever good player wants to always play in lower leauges and the Managers always want to get a few religations on thier cv for future work....:picnic:......UTO FTFB....