Tonight's player ratings

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 7 one good save

Baker 5 he’s just awful. So slow and can’t cross 

Hector 7 solid but one careless

mistake

Lees 8 solid and the winner

Thorniley 8 superb. Plays every week for me either as a cb or lb

Pelupessy 5 another performance that makes you scream please for the love of god play Sam Hutchinson!

Bannan 6 gave ball away a lot

Reach 7

Penney 4 he’s overrated. A wing back only for me

Matias 6 works hard but isn’t all that good

Fletcher 5

Nuhiu 5 why not Joao??

Forestieri 6

Joao 6

Awful game but we ground out a win I suppose. They are the worst side we’ve played this season by far!!! A bit lucky to win really 

Dawson- 6    Could have got rid quicker at times

Baker - 6...Coped with ameiobi quite well...got in some good positions to cross...either crossed too early or too late

Lees - 6...Solid and scored

Hector- 6..looked to go forward at least

Thorniley- 8....Did exactly what it said on the tin

Matias- 5..Too lightweight on the ball

Pelupessy- 4...."Wheres barry"

Bannan- 7....not his best game..but he has set himself a high standard...

Reach- 5.....Drifted in and out of it too much

Penney- 4......hardly involved

Fletcher- 5....same as above

Nuhui- 6....Did what he does...

FF- 6...showed glimpses of what you might get if you gave him another 45 minutes.........

Edited by asteener1867

There we go again

Lets all blame Pelupessy,like little black sheep,

Take a closer look at Bannan,for a midfielder how many times does he cross the half way line,he may be full of energy but as become very uneffective.

5 goals in 3 seasons,and very poor again tonight.

Thought everyone looked uninterested tonight,and just went through the motions of being a footballer.

Dawson gets a 7 for doing his job and keeping a clean sheet.

Baker 6 actually tried

Joey 6 for being Bazzas better half

Reach 6 good 40 minutes here and there

Lees 6 for scoring

Others 5 for turning out except Bannan who can have a 4,for thinking he is better than the rest.

I like the lad just want him to be a team player again.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Dawson- 7

Baker - 5

Lees - 6

Hector- 5

Thorniley- 7

Matias- 5

Pelupessy- 4

Bannan- 5

Reach- 5

Penney- 4

Fletcher- 5

Nuhui- 6

FF- 5

So Nuhiu was the 3rd best player in our team.....Christ I wonder what people are watching at times

Dawson 7 Top save and decent distribution. Will gain confidence from 2 clean sheets in 3 games.

Baker 6 tried manfully but lacked quality. Terrible crosser.

Lees 8 defended very solidly and scored a superb header

Hector 7 largely solid. 

Thorniley 5 skinned far too often. Did well in the air.

Reach 7.5 could have scored two with sublime lob and powerful low shot. Great ball to set up Joao.

Joey 6 worked hard to make the most of his very limited talents

Bannan 7 not at his best. Poor first half but still pulled most strings and tireless.

Matias 6 impressive workrate but poor quality. Stay on your feet ffs.

Penney 1 just awful. Why are fans blaming Jos? He was off with the fairies.

Nuhiu 6 clumsy but effective. Carp 20  minutes first half. Much better second. A lot of our better work involved him.

FF 6 something is amiss. Fitness? Heart not in it? But still caused them problems. Very dodgy in our half. Miles off his best.

Joao very impressive 10 minutes. Scared them to death. Defender did well to put him off and it was his very first touch.

Ref - unfussy. Fair. Fine.

We deserved at least a draw v Derby. Not convinced we deserved the win tonight. Four points from three games including 2 clean sheets. Cheer the feck up guys, we won.

Dawson 6 - Did his job, not a lot to do.

Baker 5 - An improvement on Saturday, gets in good positions but can't cross.

Lees 8 - Good solid performance & the winning goal gets MOTM for me.

Hector 6 - Did ok, nothing special.

Thorniley 8 - Excellent game, defence always looks more solid with him playing. Jos will drop him for Blackburn.

Penney 4 - Passing, ball control & decision making all poor, correct decision to replace him at h/t.

Pelupessy 5 - An improvement on Saturday.

Bannan 5 - Not been on his game since his suspension. Poor 1st half, improved in 2nd.

Matias 5 - Ran about & tracked back but far too lightweight & can't control the ball.

Fletcher 5 - Wasn't pulling any trees up before going off.

Reach 5 - In & out of the game too much, some good bits, some not so.

Nuhiu 4 - Simply not good enough.

Forestieri 5 - Played far too deep for his abilities, doesn't look particularly happy with his lot at the moment.

Joao 5 - Had an opportunity to score with his 1st touch & a chance to put FF clean through at the end, ballsed them both up.

Jos 2 - Another change in formation & defensive personnel. On Saturday we played Derby a team near the top but took the game to them & deservedly took the lead only to be undone by the usual errors, but we deserved something from the game. Tonight we play a team in the bottom 3 who haven't won away since mid August & struggle to score goals, did we take the game to them on the front foot?, did we feck, the man is clueless, tonight's win doesn't paper over the cracks & only serves to delay the inevitable. The sooner he goes the better for the club.

Edited by mogbad

2 hours ago, wiltonowl said:

There we go again

Lets all blame Pelupessy,like little black sheep,

Take a closer look at Bannan,for a midfielder how many times does he cross the half way line,he may be full of energy but as become very uneffective.

5 goals in 3 seasons,and very poor again tonight.

Thought everyone looked uninterested tonight,and just went through the motions of being a footballer.

Dawson gets a 7 for doing his job and keeping a clean sheet.

Baker 6 actually tried

Joey 6 for being Bazzas better half

Reach 6 good 40 minutes here and there

Lees 6 for scoring

Others 5 for turning out except Bannan who can have a 4,for thinking he is better than the rest.

I like the lad just want him to be a team player again.

I disagree with most of what you have said but you finally hit the nail on the head. Team cohesion is very much lacking and it stems from some bizarre selections.

5 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Nuhui- 6....Did what he does...

Before FF Came on;

-Lost the ball

-Had a touch like a rhino

-Outmuscled by smaller defenders

-Runs like he's towing a caravan

-No Hold up play

-Flick ons with little purpose

After FF Came on

-a bit better

Dawson 6.5 - 7 seems to generous when he had hardly anything to do. 6 too harsh. Decent save that you’d expect him to make. Claimed the odd cross. Clean sheet.

Baker 6 - Nowhere near as bad as some have made out. I don’t rate the lad unfortunately but was defensive sound and got up and down. Delivery very poor though.

Hector 7 - Dominated for me. Made it look easy, always in control. Looked to drive forward on occasion but was let down by lack of options.

Lees 7 - Average. So poor on the ball it’s worrying. Weight of pass and choice of pass usually off. Bonus point for goal.

Thorniley 7 - Pleased with him defensively. Offered nothing going forward. Centre back is where his long term future is at.

Pelupessy 4 - offered nothing. Doesn’t even do the job he’s on the pitch to do well. Like asteener said. “Where’s Bannan”.

Bannan 5 - Feel I’m being generous with a 5. Might be because he has set such high standards, but was wasteful. Although nobody gives him an option.

Penny 2 - Can’t believe in giving a player a 2. Unfortunately he was awful. Looked physically very weak and like someone said away with the fairies tonight.

Reach 5 - Flat footed and static until the ball came with 3-4 yards. Fair enough he made 1 good pass to João and a half decent shot, but I expect much better over 90 minutes and didn’t do the basics.

Feltcher 6 - Was having a decent game until he had to come off. Frustrates me Scotland can play him twice, comes back. Misses a game and comes off in another.

Nuhui 5 - Offered very little, so slow it’s painful. Players like him have to have the first yard in his head, he doesn’t.

Matias 5 - Had to look further up the thread to remember who played. Says a lot about his performance. Too lightweight, did win a few clever fouls and tracked back well. Decent movement but just didn’t happen tonight.

FF 5 - Considered going lower, but at least the team picked up when he came on. Didn’t look interested, seemed not fit. Nothing came off. Poor touch couple of times when it mattered.

Movement 0 - It’s incredibly telling players don’t pass and move. You learn that at 6 years old. The lack of out balls and options is depressing. Players constantly turning back, getting a nosebleed if they go over the half way line. So many players passing responsibility on the ball. Makes others look worse when they have nobody to go to or just leave them in the poo.

Horrible viewing. 3 points most important though. I don’t see how we improve from performances this season. Hopefully a win might give them a bit of confidence.

• Like 1

Always like to check the stat site ‘whoscored’ After a game as sometime my own bias effects what I think I see with me often being overly critical on some players and overly easy on others... https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288955/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2018-2019-Sheffield-Wednesday-Bolton

Weird that scapegoat Joey was rated 4th best player on pitch only behind Hector, Lees and Thornely. Personally thought he was ok and obviously took the corner that led to the goal, his set pieces were far and away better than Bannan’s (who I thought had a stinker). 

Positives:

Clean sheet and no defenders making idiotic decisions leading to the opposition scoring, think that’s first time all season the defence hasn’t gifted a goal, and surely all involved in back four and keeper take confidence from that. 

Despite not controling midfeild field we still managed 10+ shots and Reach could have had a couple and the Jaoa chance was decent too. 

Negatives: 

We failed to string passes together and some of our best players insist on no look passes to the opposition Bannan been doing this all season but tonight he did it two or three times which was more in volume than chances he created. Not sure if he’s feeling pressure of having to drag us along but he’s not playing anywhere near his best.

Fletch injured - that for those that were moaning of him being rested after 180 mins of international football is why his game time needs managing. 

Fessi looked in second gear, like Bannan gave ball away needlessly. 

Penney was overpowered and often lost when he had the ball. Not always his fault as rarely did he have anyone showing for him, nor did he have an attacking fullback behind him in support. 

Sometimes you you need to win ugly and that’s one of ugliest games you’ll see. 

Thorniley was man of the match in my opinion and I’d give him 7/10. I don’t want to give scores out as there were a lot of 4 or 5’s. That would be the same for the Bolton team as well. You won’t see a worse game of championship football this season throughout the league - it was truly dreadful.

Dawson   -    6     little to do, no drama`s

Baker   -    3     I will post the same thing that I have for pretty much every appearance he has made...…...he aint championship quality, nowhere near , FFS stop picking him before we ruin him for good.

Hector   -    5    Lazy performance, poor distribution

Lees   -    6    Average, gets extra point for good finish

Thorniley    -    5    Did half decent considering he was out of position 

Pelupessy    -    4    Painfully limited player

Bannan    -    5    Gave the ball away an awful lot, but then again that will occasionally happen because he HAS to try and execute virtually every decent pass we can muster.

Reach    -    5    Couple of decent runs and did at least TRY to be positive

Penney    -    3    All the refreshing positivity and energy he showed when he first played has been completely drained out of him, but when we suggested playing academy kids too often could be bad for them we were laughed at by the "Jos is building" mob.

Matias    -    3    Doesn't do anything like enough......far too many nearly moments and bad decisions

Fletcher    -    5     Just hitting some kind of form and it looks like the Jocks have f***ed him again...……..typical

Nuhiu    -    3     Seen some threads praising him...…….heaven help us if this is what passes for an acceptable centre forward performance , no wonder we are struggling

Forestieri    -    4     Is he fit?, is he leaving ? is he interested ?...……………his situation is symptomatic of all that is wrong at the moment.....underused, undermotivated , and under achieving.

OVERALL

F****ng terrible , terrible game ……..I am struggling to remember a worse champ game that I have seen , or two worse sides, it was Irvine and latter period Turner bad.

It is clear the problems start at the top and that JL is a patsy, but that doesn`t cut him any slack from me...……..he is going through the motions , towing the party line whilst picking up a very handsome wage and looking thoroughly disinterested whilst doing it.

But here`s the thing , there are plenty of us that ARE interested and are paying top f***ing dollar but this guy is a turgid excuse for a manager and has left no stamp WHATSOEVER on our (ha ha) style and a blind man can see the players are as depressed as the rest of us.

Thoroughly pi$$ed off...….neg away Jos fans.

posted in other thread

Edited by sheriwozgod