Match ad boards, trying to milk fans even more

16 hours ago, Vernster said:

I’m sure if some other company was prepared to pay the money we would willing put their adverts on . 

Chansari uses the boards under the guise of D taxies ( that exist only in name ) to pump as much money in as he can without flaunting the investment rules 

If he is he is about £4m quid light on what he can put in a season to what he actually is putting in a season.

16 hours ago, Sykes said:

Not sure how many noticed but the advertisements are disgusting, a few I've noticed during the game: match day hospitality, silver/gold memberships, walk out with players, kits on sale, subscribe to iFollow, stadium tour, VIP mascots... Some of these experiences are £500+ vat! 

Thanks for the investment, Mr. Chansiri. 

You are reading them, so they are obviously doing what they were put in for to advertise and catch the eye.

At the risk of upsetting people by continuing this “pointless “ thread I think there are two separate subjects. 

1. The pitchside advertising which some find distracting but is justifiable due to the revenue it brings in (largely betting companies BTW). Why it also constantly displays the 3 things you cannot buy is another matter. 

2. The fab new scoreboard which from the kick off until the second half showed no football information whatsoever,  apart from the score in the bottom corner, which I was pretty certain of already.  The same 3 non products were repeated along with the rip off pricing “offers” and the safety message which it’s hard to argue against other than having seen it 50 times I still couldn’t tell you what it said. 

Just put the teams and subs up occasionally please. 

And while your at it, don’t start Hi Ho silver lining ten seconds before the kick off. Twice in four days is pushing it. 

And the football was crap....

19 hours ago, Sykes said:

Not sure how many noticed but the advertisements are disgusting, a few I've noticed during the game: match day hospitality, silver/gold memberships, walk out with players, kits on sale, subscribe to iFollow, stadium tour, VIP mascots... Some of these experiences are £500+ vat! 

Thanks for the investment, Mr. Chansiri. 

That's the capitalist nature of P&S / FFP 

No matter how much money Chansiri can, or wants to put into the club ... 

The money must come from the poor(er) to count 

The veneer of sporting competition, on the business of football, gets ever thinner