Fessi on the bench

14 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Fessi was good with the ball and an outlet which we didn't have before (good subs for Penny)

but looked knackered when we didn't have the ball. Was he fully fit?

He looked totally disinterested to me. I was desperate for Mattias to come off cos he was hopelessly ineffective but Fessi just seemed to want to walk around. And when he did get the ball, even in oceans of space, he phooked it up as much as Mattias did. Then at full time he stood there with his hands on his knees like he'd run a marathon.

So, who does Jos pick?

A bloke who seems to have no talent but works hard for the team (Mattias)

Or a bloke with oodles of talent who just stands around waiting for the ball, not caring about doing his job for the team.

Based on how little he contributed when he did get the ball I'd struggle to pick Fessi.

But then I'd like to think I wouldn't have got Fessi so mardy and disenchanted in the first place.

A good manager gets his best players playing well

6 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

He looked totally disinterested to me. I was desperate for Mattias to come off cos he was hopelessly ineffective but Fessi just seemed to want to walk around. And when he did get the ball, even in oceans of space, he phooked it up as much as Mattias did. Then at full time he stood there with his hands on his knees like he'd run a marathon.

So, who does Jos pick?

A bloke who seems to have no talent but works hard for the team (Mattias)

Or a bloke with oodles of talent who just stands around waiting for the ball, not caring about doing his job for the team.

Based on how little he contributed when he did get the ball I'd struggle to pick Fessi.

But then I'd like to think I wouldn't have got Fessi so mardy and disenchanted in the first place.

A good manager gets his best players playing well

Whilst FF did ok & I believe won the corner for the goal; at times he looked like he was making a point in not joining in some attacks. There were some obvious protest walks.

The message was clear to me; if you want me to be a midfielder with defensive responsibilities, don't expect me to bust a gut to join every attack.

All is not right in the camp.

Edited by zzmdu

Looked completely uninterested and peed off yet we were still better with him on the field, and he still looked dangerous at times.

Probably annoyed at being on the bench, then coming on playing left midfield, whilst Reach, a left midfielder, supports Nuhiu.

35 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Whilst FF did ok & I believe won the corner for the goal; at times he looked like he was making a point in not joining in some attacks. There were some obvious protest walks.

The message was clear to me; if you want me to be a midfielder with defensive responsibilities, don't expect me to bust a gut to join every attack.

All is not right in the camp.

This was exactly it. We all know he’s a massive man child, but at the same time he’s our most talented player. 

And  there is a clear divide in the camp. You can’t ignore so many senior pros and expect everything to be rosy with everyone pulling in the same direction. FF and Joey’s reaction to when Matias gave the ball away in our half told me all I need to know.

Edited by SallyCinnamon