SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs BOLTON - Live Matchday Thread

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wouldn’t have dropped João. Pleased Thorniley is back, usually impresses me when he plays. Knowing Jos he will drop him for the weekend no matter how well he plays. 

Agree. I thought Joao played well and got through a lot of work against Derby. He seems to be the only Wednesday player that can win a header too.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Onomah is gash.

Forestieri was poor and rightly dropped.

Fletcher better than Joao

What's too moan at?

Forestieri was poor and deserves to be dropped? Really? He was still the only player who looked like making something happen.  But yeah, let's scapegoat him and drop him for a defender. Against Bolton at home. 

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Am I only one who quite likes the line up? Thornely left of back three gives Penney licence to bomb on, fletcher back and in fine form. 

Clean sheet and three points on their way! With Jaoa and Nando in reserve if needed to really fizz them up after battling matias and Fletch for an hour or so. 

I do but I would've preferred Forestieri to start. Jos usually waits too long to make changes.

Just now, alanharper said:

Forestieri was poor and deserves to be dropped? Really? He was still the only player who looked like making something happen.  But yeah, let's scapegoat him and drop him for a defender. Against Bolton at home. 

But Bolton have shown they are really dangerous and lethal goalscorers. Oh, hang on, they’re actually the lowest scorers in the division. Good job we’re going defensive then.....

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

Despite the loss, I hope Jos sees some sense and sticks with largely the same team chosen on Saturday.

Bring Penney in for Fox and perhaps Palmer for Baker.

That should be it, but no doubt he will drop Nando, Matia, Joao and set us up 5-2-3 or some bo11ocks.

So I wasn't far off then :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yep, totally disallusioned by the line up

Joao is hit and miss. I'd much rather we started Fletcher, who everyone wanted in the squad for the Derby match, than Joao. 

The way I see it, no matter who Jos picks, he'll get stick.

The fans have turned and nothing bar a miracle is going to change that now

16 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Three little words regarding team selection...WTF!

Those are letters. ;)

In seriousness, team line-up doesn't look bad. This is on the way to the defence I would like to see more often.. I'm guessing we're playing Baker also at the back with 4 there, or we really going with 3?

Seeing Fox on the bench is one step closer to being not at all in the line-up. Lees would need dropping for a bit if we could field another in his place.

Joao and Fessi can both come off the bench, the latter still needing to win his position back. Joao not starting is weird.. and why not Onomah over Pelupessy... maybe Pelu because of effort given.

But regardless it should be a rather good line-up.

Edited by N0rtherner

1 minute ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

But Bolton have shown they are really dangerous and lethal goalscorers. Oh, hang on, they’re actually the lowest scorers in the division. Good job we’re going defensive then.....

Nothing like desperation to ensure rational decision making.

9 minutes ago, Geosword said:

FF and João not starting.

Playing a poor side at home.

Best chance of three points in a while.

Need wins.

Need goals.

Best leave the best player in the league on the bench along with our most mobile striker.

Can see where this is going.

Hope I'm eating my words in a few hours.

If we win, will you promise to have a flounce before every game? I’m not superstitious, just it’s good for a laugh! 

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

Joao is hit and miss. I'd much rather we started Fletcher, who everyone wanted in the squad for the Derby match, than Joao. 

The way I see it, no matter who Jos picks, he'll get stick.

The fans have turned and nothing bar a miracle is going to change that now

Sadly we need several miracles.