Attendance tomorrow night

Think we will do well to get 20k to be honest. Woeful form, unattractive fixture, freezing November evening. No brainer for me personally, even with an ST, to save time, effort and money travelling etc to walk down to the pub have a couple of pints and watch red button. Pretty sure a fair few others will do too.  

To watch Sheffield Wednesday at the moment is about as unappealing as it's been in my lifetime. And I include the Allen years and League One stints in that.

To note - because someone will inevitably moan about that - I don't mean it's as bad as those times. But it's absolutely as unappealing. Why would you walk up to a turnstile and hand over £30+ tomorrow?

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

To watch Sheffield Wednesday at the moment is about as unappealing as it's been in my lifetime. And I include the Allen years and League One stints in that.

To note - because someone will inevitably moan about that - I don't mean it's as bad as those times. But it's absolutely as unappealing. Why would you walk up to a turnstile and hand over £30+ tomorrow?

No. And that’s the promble the club are now in. The footballs dire. And they are doing nothing to attract the part timers. 

I'll hopefully be there though I've to get round em at work to swap shifts. 

We did play some nice football on Saturday, same again and we'll win. 

I'm confident of a good win and performance, so confident I've put us in my accumulator which I rarely do.

Edited by bradowl

Don't put it forward as any claim to "superfan" status, but I am a season ticket holder and would never not go through choice, regardless of form or league position. I will come on here and grumble occasionally though.

Not pretty Saturday, but deserved more out of that game.  Will be going to see what we get Tuesday, and I will not be booing our team, manger or players (that's reserved for Refs and Snodgrass), or cheering a substitution. I am sure there are a few others out there like me who just go to support and enjoy the game experience, come what may?

• Like 3

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Just watched those extended Derby highlights again, very VERY harsh on us to have lost that game. More so even than it seemed from the stands.

A win would not have flattered us and a draw was the very least/most each team (respectively) deserved.

I'll be there tomorrow night, looking forward to it. I'd like to see Jos build around a very similar team.

1 hour ago, Striggy said:

Don't put it forward as any claim to "superfan" status, but I am a season ticket holder and would never not go through choice, regardless of form or league position. I will come on here and grumble occasionally though.

Not pretty Saturday, but deserved more out of that game.  Will be going to see what we get Tuesday, and I will not be booing our team, manger or players (that's reserved for Refs and Snodgrass), or cheering a substitution. I am sure there are a few others out there like me who just go to support and enjoy the game experience, come what may?

Are we still talking about watching Wednesday here?! lol

3 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

Think we will do well to get 20k to be honest. Woeful form, unattractive fixture, freezing November evening. No brainer for me personally, even with an ST, to save time, effort and money travelling etc to walk down to the pub have a couple of pints and watch red button. Pretty sure a fair few others will do too.  

Is this the official attendance announced or the actual attendance in the ground as i think season ticket holders are classed as in the attendance whether they are there or not.

The one thing though is, if they play badly with less there the reaction of the crowd or any booing will be heard a lot louder.

4 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

Woeful form, unattractive fixture, freezing November evening

I love a freezing night match, and the woeful form and unattractive have put the kids off wanting to come. Better half is working too late to make it, and the kid's can manage themselves for a few hours.

This my friends is a little slice of heaven for me; lone night match, few pints and a bag of chips!

So Woeful Wed v Bolton just got elevated to El Clasico for me!

So it will be whatever sorry attendance we are guessing at +1 loonie POTG'er.

• Like 1