3 Points from Relegation Places and People Still Making Excuses.

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

What should people do?

Board their shops and windows up and hide,

Batten down the hatches, secure the finest China,

Feed the dog, restrain the OAPs

there's an Owlstalk storm a brewing.....

OTONOCHYS.jpg

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Lets see how we look after Bolton, Blackburn and Rotherham. 

We have looked much better against United and Derby. More of the same will get 7 or 9 points from these.

If we get nowhere after these 3 then yes I agree it’s time for a new man.

Definitely see your point, but we may end up in a situation where we regret not making the change prior to these games coming up. 

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Then we are going down , gates will fall and we will be in another world of hurt financially. We can not afford to go down.

True. It always comes back to finances. 

Which makes you wonder if that's why certain highly contracted players aren't involved at the moment.

If indeed this is the case (Which I'm not claiming to know) then it does make me wonder if any replacement manager might also leave out many of our big name players.

48 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed. But any club would be moaning after 1 point in 18. 5 losses out of 6. No win in 6. Worst defence in the league. One clean sheet all season. Three points of the drop. 

All the while we have a chairman who straight up lied to the fans in a survey earlier this year. Didn’t tell us about an embargo whilst season tickets were on sale. Charges highest POTG in the league. Came out in the summer and said promotion or big trouble. No sign of leadership or clarity anywhere.

The lack of transparency is frightening. Yes we can accept the situation but surely you can see where the frustration is coming from? 

I'm not saying fans should be happy. I'm saying, now more than ever, we need some perspective. 

Chansiri has made some huge errors during his tenure here, many in the last 18 months. But he's not going anywhere. These idiots wishing him gone, ranting for him to walk away, have no idea. That simply cannot happen. Because if it does...the circumstances are bleak. 

Why can't we some some class as a fanbase? Back the young lads, encourage the players who, despite what you think of their ability, give 100%, accept the manager in charge is working with his hands tied behind his back?

Why do we have to look for negatives in every situation? 

12 months ago, Carlos was lambasted for signing too many over aged, injury prone, highly paid players. He was blocking the progress of some talented youngsters. He wasn't flexible enough tactically, continuously sticking with 4-4-2. He was putting his own career aspirations over the clubs future. 

Roll on 12 months, Luhukay is getting lambasted for not playing the over-aged, injury prone, highly paid players. He's getting criticised for blooding too many youngsters. He chops and changes the systems too often. He needs to forget about the club's future, it's the here and now that the priority.

I'm sorry...but we are becoming spoilt brats. We want it one way, and when we get it, we want it the other way. 

Luhukay and Carlos aren't bad coaches. But both have tried two contrasting ways to get this football club to perform in the past 18 months...and neither have. Maybe, just maybe, the issue isn't with the manager. 

Edited by frastheowl
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Chansiri can go with him

This club needs to hit the reset button, rotten to the core 

It is rotten , but the bulk of the blame lies with his " Advisers " who have us by the short and curlies.  

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Maybe he will listen.

But the new manager has to stick to the script also in not selecting high earners and big financial big bonus achievers.

Are we back to square one?

I honestly do not know what to suggest and you're right by saying another manager will have to work under the same constraints, whatever they are, because bottom line is it's all speculation. I guess the advantage of a different manager would be a different style of football, probably not a bad thing given our current standing.

Well said MelZicoSterland 2:

The simple solution is Jos must go. Heard enough wind and pee he cant do the job and DC must grow a pair and act now.

I had really hoped the club would have acted today and got rid of the clueless Luhukay.

He is stealing a living from us.

I suspect he might be a lot happier back in Holland/Germany too.

1 minute ago, ElsecarOwl said:

I honestly do not know what to suggest and you're right by saying another manager will have to work under the same constraints, whatever they are, because bottom line is it's all speculation. I guess the advantage of a different manager would be a different style of football, probably not a bad thing given our current standing.

At the moment we need wins. Whatever the style.

If a new manager comes in and plays the big boot and we win some it will buy time.

But these days more than ever people want entertaining too ...but that , I suspect is going to have to wait.

16 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

you mean we actually have a style of football at the moment!

• Like 1