Season ticket holders

Didn't renew last year , partly due to the fact working in the rail industry isn't ideal for attending matches and more importantly because it's just not a good way to spend your well earned time off . 

I went against derby which was my 4th game this season purely because I have derby supporting 

mates and made for a good day out . Has it made me want to go tomorrow ? The complete opposite 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Credit to all who go. I usually stay up till midnight on a Saturday and then wake up at 4 am ish for the midweek games. It’s the first time since 2004 where I’m thinking of not doing it and that was only radio remember until last season. I’m so sick of it. Until Jos is gone I may actually have to consider sleep as an option.

46 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Didn't renew last year , partly due to the fact working in the rail industry isn't ideal for attending matches and more importantly because it's just not a good way to spend your well earned time off . 

I went against derby which was my 4th game this season purely because I have derby supporting 

mates and made for a good day out . Has it made me want to go tomorrow ? The complete opposite 

Working and rail industry - who are you trying to kid!!!

• Haha 1

will still have a season ticket next season, it is very frustrating but been there before and still carried on each season, the worst I find is that me and our lass travel 90 miles and it does get difficult at times, especially the night games. I have thought about not getting a season ticket at times but when it comes round we just get one, I find it strange how people have season tickets and just stop going, i wonder if these people were actually going before chansiri took over , as it seems the hope was there and we were doing well, as soon as the hope goes they dont want to know, good or bad some will always be there. keep the faith,:biggrin:

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

You’re right. Season ticket holders get extra days off for matches so they are not wasting days off!!

This thread proves that some of the main posters on here are pretty weak willed “supporters” 

Each to their own of course, but since when has being a Wednesday supporter been enjoyable for the actual match and if you aren’t that bothered about the club why are you constantly on here piping up about something you are not that bothered about? Weird. 

22 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Sorry, I did not mean it to come over as such.

I was speaking in general.

You may have watched them for the same length of time and seen exactly what I have seen, but the thing is, the club is still here, despite all of the personality's in the past.

We have been through this so much over the 50+ years I have watched them and I am fed up with the short termism of the club. I do not know if Jos will stay or go, but what ever happens I do not want the club to go back to neglecting the development of our own player, I want a club that can actually plan longer than the next season.

This is in no way having a go at you, but, :rolleyes: whats changed over the years, for you individually or as just another supporter?

Not much in my view, I was a Season ticket holder until the shambles of the Huddersfield match, that Season was poor in relation to the previous Season , even though we finished higher in the league, to change things at the club supporters have to make a stand, mine is to stay away, if that annoys people so be it, but to be honest what else as a supporter could you do to make Chansiri take note, he will not change until it becomes clear that the fans have had enough and it's time to change tack,I am always open to new ideas from the club to move forward, but to be basically told it's my way or no way doesn't sit well.It is not a boycott, just me not going, until Chansiri goes or changes direction, whatever that may be, but change is needed.

Edited by daleblue

I have always said that the only thing a football club will listen to is an empty stadium.

What has changed over the years for me?, nothing and that is the point I am trying to make.

We, as a club, have not progressed since the days of 'Sir' Jack in my view, we have/are always been looking for the short cut/quick fix solutions to our long standing problems.

Other clubs, such as Barnsley, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Wigan Doncaster, Rovrum have all moved on and improved their grounds, Facility's, Commercial, and Developement systems, while we have just sat back and waste what money we have had trying to buy success over a short time, to suffer the Doldrums over the long time.

I am fed up with Boom and Bust football.

26 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I have always said that the only thing a football club will listen to is an empty stadium.

What has changed over the years for me?, nothing and that is the point I am trying to make.

We, as a club, have not progressed since the days of 'Sir' Jack in my view, we have/are always been looking for the short cut/quick fix solutions to our long standing problems.

Other clubs, such as Barnsley, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Wigan Doncaster, Rovrum have all moved on and improved their grounds, Facility's, Commercial, and Developement systems, while we have just sat back and waste what money we have had trying to buy success over a short time, to suffer the Doldrums over the long time.

I am fed up with Boom and Bust football.

I would say we have moved on facilities wise, up to the euros in 96 and money gone into the training etc. But your right for the average fan it is poor to say the least. One problem must be the sheer size of our ground as any changes cost huge money. I thought the likes of Rotherham and Donny was funded by the local council? We have to do all ourselves.

2 hours ago, torres said:

You’re right. Season ticket holders get extra days off for matches so they are not wasting days off!!

This thread proves that some of the main posters on here are pretty weak willed “supporters” 

Each to their own of course, but since when has being a Wednesday supporter been enjoyable for the actual match and if you aren’t that bothered about the club why are you constantly on here piping up about something you are not that bothered about? Weird. 

Agree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Saturday was one of our better performances this season, overall an entertaining game in which we should have got a point which we deserved. 

Just now, bradowl said:

Saturday was one of our better performances this season, overall an entertaining game in which we should have got a point which we deserved. 

I thought we did play well on Saturday but the main problems are that Fox at left back is not good enough and golden boy Pollipussy is just so out of this depth.  Just cant understand why Jos the dross cant  see it as its like having 10 players each game.  Jos out and Hutch in midfield.

2 minutes ago, Terryowl said:

I thought we did play well on Saturday but the main problems are that Fox at left back is not good enough and golden boy Pollipussy is just so out of this depth.  Just cant understand why Jos the dross cant  see it as its like having 10 players each game.  Jos out and Hutch in midfield.

Doesn't matter how we play tomorrow long as we win. 

Right back is another problem area, I've never rated Palmer and Baker is hardly any better. 

Think the club are going to be in for a massive shock unless they pull something very special out of the bag. I probably will renew, as my three year one runs out. Would I buy another three year one? No chance. Not unless there are some serious changes in the management and attitude to players.

Think I'll be without a ST next year for the first time in 22 years. 

I still enjoy going, and it doesn't bother me what division we're in as I've been to League 1/Johnstone Paint Trophy at Carlisle etc before. 

I just can't afford it any more. Well,  I have money to be able to buy one, but it's just a complete rip off and I can't justify it.

I believe the average price of each Champ clubs cheapest season ticket is £315 - if we sold them on the Kop for that I'd get one - but at £460+ I just feel i'm being robbed and i'm sick of it tbh. 

Whether it was meant this way or not, I'm at the point now where I feel like a customer rather than a supporter. Fans are lied to and treat with utter contempt. We're supposed to believe that McGugan, Hirst, Clare, Thorniley, Westwood and Hutchinson were/are left out on the say-so of the manager - just one example of the chairman's insistence on appointing yes men who don't mind peddling the horseshit. 

Will have to beg for free tickets and watch on live streams. Two years ago I wouldn't dream of doing that, and would have judged anyone that did as not being a proper supporter, but here I am joining their ranks.