Season ticket holders

Jos stays - and I'm out.

Had a season ticket for 38 consecutive seasons - never missed an home game in all that time.

I hate watching us at the minute, there just isn't any pleasure, entertainment or joy in it.

Every second Saturday is like a visit to the dentist, Dr Jos will see you now....

• Haha 1

Ive had a Season Ticket for around 15 years (I think).

At the moment I wont be renewing and its not a money thing, if we were playing the football we were in Carlos's first season I would happily pay more, but its just so grey at the moment and what ever the reasons, I cant get my head around the fact we aren't playing certain players even when we are such a poor run.

I will still go to the majority of the home matches and maybe come the start of the season I will be wishing I had renewed.

Time to check out the membership benefits I think lol

21 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Jos stays - and I'm out.

Had a season ticket for 38 consecutive seasons - never missed an home game in all that time.

I hate watching us at the minute, there just isn't any pleasure, entertainment or joy in it.

Every second Saturday is like a visit to the dentist, Dr Jos will see you now....

Thats some record, but it's exactly how I feel :duntmatter:

32 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Jos stays - and I'm out.

The dentist is not as painful and is over and done with far quicker!

I will renew but can completely understand those that won't at the moment, especially young un's, it's not fun to watch.

38 seasons is a great record. We've had poorer teams during that time, but that's what makes this more annoying, we still have some decent players at this level but I am at a loss to say what our tactical approach is under this manager.

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I will renew but can completely understand those that won't at the moment, especially young un's, it's not fun to watch.

38 seasons is a great record. We've had poorer teams during that time, but that's what makes this more annoying, we still have some decent players at this level but I am at a loss to say what our tactical approach is under this manager.

Yep, we've had some dreadful sides over that period - but very few with as much talent, but seemingly little clue what to do with it. What formation will be play Tuesday? What players, what game plan?

The players can't get any cohesion, any togetherness, any partnerships or understanding, I think the players are still trying, but some are nowhere near good enough, players are out of position (Fox and Baker are never full backs - and there are better on the bench) and players are sat at home who should be at least providing different options. We have three confirmed injured players (2 very important, Lee and Hooper), but with the exiled 5 - that means 8 players out - putting the strain and pressure on an increasing number of kids and should be squad players.

You see how frustrated the likes of Bannan and FF are getting, but nodoby is leading either on the pitch, or on the touchline - it is all just so very slow, bland and random, completely random.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

i'll be renewing, always have done, not that "always have done" is a sound reason, I still enjoy the the day, mainly up until they kick off .

Yesterday, there was a bit of a buzz because of what looked like an attacking line up...So its not just posters on here that tyhink the line ups have been a bit "back footed"

Sadly the defence didn't stack up...Thornily had a blinder at the Lane....I mean WHY?.....Palmer has been a last ditch hero on the line more than once this year....WHY?

Penney has been showing promise most of the season...WHY?

These were the questions being asked around on the Kop..not a supposedly ultra critical football forum...Just generally perplexed football fans.

Theres only a certain amount of trust you can put in a manager, "He knows best" or whatever before you start with the "Emporers new clothes" stuff...

If vthere is a problem, it needs outing...If there isn't..The manager is seemingly totally f.ooking up at times...In my opinion

Edited by asteener1867

3 hours ago, steelowl said:

forgive the sh*te memory but was THE survey before the 3-5 year ST deal offered ?

IF it was how many people feel misled by the assumption we would continue spending ?  When it appears the people with the sight of the accounts may have known about the impossibility of that 

and given that embargo and worse on the horizon knowledge how many would have bought an extended one?

It was downright deception. The club knew our financial position and yet presented us with the option of more investment in exchange for high ticket prices. If DA had done this fans would be going mental. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

It was downright deception. The club knew our financial position and yet presented us with the option of more investment in exchange for high ticket prices. If DA had done this fans would be going mental. 

Think it was phrased...."Maintaining a quality squad" or summat....either way...It was total bloody garbage

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

wonder how many thought they would commit to 5 years because the implication was that cash was still going to be spent? 

Just now, steelowl said:

wonder how many thought they would commit to 5 years because the implication was that cash was still going to be spent? 

I would imagine most who could afford that outlay at the time were looking at the way prices were going and took a punt.

Who would take a punt on another 3 or 5 years after being promised "Big trouble" next season?

how many even, will go for the one year "Big trouble" package?...I know it sounds very appealing an' all....

I will renew as usual no matter the league, football is not as bad as many say, just been spoilt over the past few years. We have had some dross worse than this, Yorath, Irvine even Wilson. Whatever the result or performance it is time with my boy, I guess in 4 or 5 years he will be going with his mates so these times are priceless to me.

For what it's worth I now think it is time to change as sometimes you have to break the cycle, no win on Tuesday and will go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I would imagine most who could afford that outlay at the time were looking at the way prices were going and took a punt.

Who would take a punt on another 3 or 5 years after being promised "Big trouble" next season?

how many even, will go for the one year "Big trouble" package?...I know it sounds very appealing an' all....

of course it's possible that DC or whomsoever designed the survey didn't know about the embargo   

I am 72. Left Sheffield in 1971. Have lived all over the country since. Currently in Cheshire. Had 2 season tickets all that time for me and my wife. Will I renew next year...of course I will God willing. Seen worse times than this. WAWAW.

• Like 1

I'll be renewing because it's in my blood and I'll just go anyway win or lose. My daughter won't be renewing. It's never been in her blood. She just enjoyed it as a day out but it's so tedious to watch now that it's not a day out it's a chore. Last season did her in. I dragged her to most matches to see them lose and often play poorly. This season she came to the Leeds match, hated it and hasn't been back since. She's found other stuff she prefers doing. Me, I can cope with the losses. I've been a Wednesday fan for over 30 years so I'm used to the ups and downs.