Season ticket holders

way this is going we might be down to 12-14000 next season in league 1 if chansiri is still here. this is very very sad. if you really support your club you need to be vocal at the games not just leave mustering to yourself ,clearly jos has to go and chansiri has to listen to supporters but clearly he aint. do we have to be bottom of the league for that to happen? 

• Haha 1

I have a three year season ticket plus a two year ticket extension.  I go with my son.  I didn't go yesterday but only because I was away from Sheffield for the weekend. 

So far we've racked up 13 years going together with season tickets and I had a season ticket quite often before that. 

I recognise I am in the privileged position of being able to afford it. 

Over the years I have seen good and bad football in three divisions with attendant promotions and relegations.

I really can understand not being able to go because of cost and I sympathise. 

I really can't understand being able to afford to go or already having a season ticket and then not going because the football is rubbish or because we are in a poor league position.  I think that's a bit shortsighted and perhaps it indicates what used to be called 'fair weather' support? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

Seen more and more people saying they have season tickets but are not going anymore or are missing quite a few matches because they aren't motivated to go. Just wondered how bad this is getting.

Two seasons ago we were averaging nearly 30,000 a match. Now we are lucky to get 24,000 and that's usually only if the away support is decent. POTG must be down to around 1,000 or less. 

I have a season ticket and continue to go but it is getting harder so I can see why people don't. I go more out of hope than expectation. I don't look forward to the matches like I used to. Probably because I keep expecting us to get tonked. My daughter, on the other hand, has a season ticket but has stopped coming so I'm now coming alone. She has found other stuff she prefers doing on a weekend  (typical teenager) and isn't interested anymore after hardly missing a match for past few seasons. She won't be renewing next season which will save me a few hundred quid.

Which leads me onto the next point. Who is considering renewing who has an annual season ticket? POTG has seriously reduced. Can see season ticket numbers falling dramatically next. So sad.

Got mine as soon as they came out.

I will always, while I can afford it, have a season ticket.

It is the club I SUPPORT not any individual, I have had the same seat in the North stand every season since 1971, and believe me, I have seen a lower class of rubbish than to day, in that time Players have come and gone in their Thousands, Managers in their scores, Chairmen/ owners on their tens, and guess what, the club is still here and so am I.

If you choose not to attend then that's is your choice, but I will see you when the good times are back, no doubt pledging your undying love of the club, again.

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

Got mine as soon as they came out.

I will always, while I can afford it, have a season ticket.

It is the club I SUPPORT not any individual, I have had the same seat in the North stand every season since 1971, and believe me, I have seen a lower class of rubbish than to day, in that time Players have come and gone in their Thousands, Managers in their scores, Chairmen/ owners on their tens, and guess what, the club is still here and so am I.

If you choose not to attend then that's is your choice, but I will see you when the good times are back, no doubt pledging your undying love of the club, again.

I have a season ticket and will be renewing and have been to every match. Why are you having a go at me?

ST holder for the past 35 years and have travelled 340 miles round-trip for each home game for the past 20 years.

This year I've been to 1 home game and won't be renewing. Got a lot of things I can do on a Saturday between 9.00am -8.00pm which is the normal home game hours for me !!!!

To be honest, I haven't missed it this season at all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

I have a season ticket and will be renewing and have been to every match. Why are you having a go at me?

As far as i see it youve paid your money and made your choice. Uve every right not to attend if you dont want to. 

People now having a go at season ticket holders for not going. Utter madness. 

Edited by Maddogbob

8 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Sorry, I did not mean it to come over as such.

I was speaking in general.

You may have watched them for the same length of time and seen exactly what I have seen, but the thing is, the club is still here, despite all of the personality's in the past.

We have been through this so much over the 50+ years I have watched them and I am fed up with the short termism of the club. I do not know if Jos will stay or go, but what ever happens I do not want the club to go back to neglecting the development of our own player, I want a club that can actually plan longer than the next season.

Im in last year of my three  year ST , and ive missed a couple of games this season through choice. Will i renew ? , not how things are right now . Ive has an ST for over 30 years , but ive never felt more disconnected from the club i love .Its not just the crap on the pitch , it runs much deeper than that .

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

As far as i see it youve paid your money and made your choice. Uve every right not to attend if you dont want to. 

People now having a go at season ticket holders for not going. Utter madness. 

I have missed couple this season though choice ,and left my ST in the draw  due to them being on the Red button. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I think a lot of ST holders are doing the same for the midweek games now they are live on Sky .

I pay my 10 quid and watch online. Only way i can afford to watch us. Ill be doing the same Tuesday. Massive game, we need the win. 

27 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

way this is going we might be down to 12-14000 next season in league 1 if chansiri is still here. this is very very sad. if you really support your club you need to be vocal at the games not just leave mustering to yourself ,clearly jos has to go and chansiri has to listen to supporters but clearly he aint. do we have to be bottom of the league for that to happen? 

Never gunna happen,we stink fella,but not that bad.

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

27,129 two seasons ago. 

25,204 with 2,954 visiting fans yesterday.

Seems pretty normal to me. 

Sheffield Wednesday 2nd Division ticket sales throughout my life

Under 15k very poor and not very usual (currently impossible because of St numbers) 

15k-20k below average (St numbers stopping this number) 

20-25k normal

25-30k better than average nowt special

Over 30k big game or doing very well (not very usual) 

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

Yeah but my point is that it is taking the opposition's fans to take our attendances above 24,000. Two seasons ago we were averaging around 27,000 with just a few hundred visiting supporters. When we played the likes of Newcastle and Leeds it was nearly or over 30,000. 

Folk would sooner split hairs mate. Your absolutely bang right with what your saying 

• Thanks 1