Season ticket holders

Seen more and more people saying they have season tickets but are not going anymore or are missing quite a few matches because they aren't motivated to go. Just wondered how bad this is getting.

Two seasons ago we were averaging nearly 30,000 a match. Now we are lucky to get 24,000 and that's usually only if the away support is decent. POTG must be down to around 1,000 or less. 

I have a season ticket and continue to go but it is getting harder so I can see why people don't. I go more out of hope than expectation. I don't look forward to the matches like I used to. Probably because I keep expecting us to get tonked. My daughter, on the other hand, has a season ticket but has stopped coming so I'm now coming alone. She has found other stuff she prefers doing on a weekend  (typical teenager) and isn't interested anymore after hardly missing a match for past few seasons. She won't be renewing next season which will save me a few hundred quid.

Which leads me onto the next point. Who is considering renewing who has an annual season ticket? POTG has seriously reduced. Can see season ticket numbers falling dramatically next. So sad.

26 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

The new 'red button' might cause some drop in renews too

Agreed as you’re going to get 5 games on tv through the red button, then a further 4 or 5 games on normal sky. Makes a season ticket less valuable if you’re the kind of fan that is happy to watch on tele.

It will at a guess cost us 500-1000 renewals, then people not renewing for other reasons.

30 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Seen more and more people saying they have season tickets but are not going anymore or are missing quite a few matches because they aren't motivated to go. Just wondered how bad this is getting.

Two seasons ago we were averaging nearly 30,000 a match. Now we are lucky to get 24,000 and that's usually only if the away support is decent. POTG must be down to around 1,000 or less. 

I have a season ticket and continue to go but it is getting harder so I can see why people don't. I go more out of hope than expectation. I don't look forward to the matches like I used to. Probably because I keep expecting us to get tonked. My daughter, on the other hand, has a season ticket but has stopped coming so I'm now coming alone. She has found other stuff she prefers doing on a weekend  (typical teenager) and isn't interested anymore after hardly missing a match for past few seasons. She won't be renewing next season which will save me a few hundred quid.

Which leads me onto the next point. Who is considering renewing who has an annual season ticket? POTG has seriously reduced. Can see season ticket numbers falling dramatically next. So sad.

27,129 two seasons ago. 

25,204 with 2,954 visiting fans yesterday.

Well my 3 year ticket runs out this season and I will renew, not sure if my lad will.

tv is making it much easier to stay at home nowadays, sky matches along with the red button matches and I bet most of us know someone with I follow, so I think a slump is most definitely on the cards, I think we are going to go through some awful times in the near future and the cost will impact on it considerably 

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

27,129 two seasons ago. 

25,204 with 2,954 visiting fans yesterday.

Yeah but my point is that it is taking the opposition's fans to take our attendances above 24,000. Two seasons ago we were averaging around 27,000 with just a few hundred visiting supporters. When we played the likes of Newcastle and Leeds it was nearly or over 30,000. 

Always buy mine and two grandkids and have no intention of stopping we attend every game and always stay to the final whistle i can never understand those who leave early 

Edited by akbuk

8 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Yeah but my point is that it is taking the opposition's fans to take our attendances above 24,000. Two seasons ago we were averaging around 27,000 with just a few hundred visiting supporters. When we played the likes of Newcastle and Leeds it was nearly or over 30,000. 

The 27,000 average includes all fixtures, we only got 23,000 for some games, Reading and Bristol City off top of my head.