SKINT

36 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

Doesn’t FFP limit how much an owner can put in per season as well as £39m losses over a rolling 3 year period? 

FFP also doesn’t seemingly stop you upgrading commercial, training and stadium facilities - we have done little on that front.

In my opinion, any owner who has ties to real estate and building does all of those things.

I have seen this mooted on several occasions but is there any actual proof? Speaking from a personal perspective, I would be reluctant to invest in property constructed by companies owned by a chairman that has cakes made which fall apart at the seams and puts signs on the outside of the stadium that fall off at the first sign of a draught.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Enlightening 

The money is still going in and the wages of staff are still being paid. When that stops then I’ll agree we’re fizzed.

Ive just drove past hydroponic lights on with all the Xmas lights, looks great.

Things are tough at the minute but Jesus some fans are being over dramatic.

Just need to balance the books, get rid of Jos, get a real proper manager in, get a well know experienced football man in to act as director of football. Mr C take a back seat and let people do their jobs and start getting some results 

fixed that for you...:biggrin:

Edited by steveger

4 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

I wouldn’t bother mate, the general mood seems one of complete hopelessness. Some fans “just” need to get a grip, we ain’t skint, we “just” can’t chuck millions at players. Funny how the folks who keep saying how some fans don’t realise how fecked we are struggle to understand the situation themselves.

“Just” my opinion, obviously.

Cant sign anyone.

Need to sell to keep FFP happy

1 point out of 18

Jos as manager (lol)

Chansiri grabbing fans bcz they are annoyed

3 point off the bottom 3....the list goes on !

But we'll be reyt, right?

Makes you laugh how loyal some of us are !

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Rumour has it the money tap has been turned off. If true then yes we are skint and we are fecked.

In what sense? 

He must be putting enough money in at the moment cover our outgoings, otherwise, we'd have heard stories about people not getting paid their wages etc. 

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Nah. You're wrong there. Fletcher is on £500k a week. lol

Nah..Fletch is paid his weight in gold sovereigns every week...Thats why he refused to play yesterday...They were going to weigh him at full time after he'de run a few pounds off...He stormed out to an hotdog stand,,,,still there, a mate told me..

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Cant sign anyone.

1 point out of 18

Jos as manager (lol)

I’m not denying for one moment this seasons been an absolute shambles & Jos should be out, in truth he shouldn’t have been here in the first place. My issue is with the OP stating we are skint and making out we are on the edge of a financial abyss when this just simply isn’t the case. Ash76 got torn into for stating that the OP is wrong on his assertion we are “Skint” and ridiculed for saying we “just” need to win a few games and get right side of FFP, like it’s that easy. Well, it really is that easy, cos end of season we get some high earners of the payroll & with the sale of just 1 player for around 8-10 mill things won’t look half as bad. I know that doesn’t fit the rhetoric of some, those that will wee wee&whinge every time something goes against us and sometimes just blatantly make things up to stir up discontent & worry amongst the fan base. I’m interested that you make loyalty sound like a bad thing, I’m not blindly loyal but like to keep a sense of perspective.

Makes you laugh how negative some of us are!

8 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

I’m not denying for one moment this seasons been an absolute shambles & Jos should be out, in truth he shouldn’t have been here in the first place. My issue is with the OP stating we are skint and making out we are on the edge of a financial abyss when this just simply isn’t the case. Ash76 got torn into for stating that the OP is wrong on his assertion we are “Skint” and ridiculed for saying we “just” need to win a few games and get right side of FFP, like it’s that easy. Well, it really is that easy, cos end of season we get some high earners of the payroll & with the sale of just 1 player for around 8-10 mill things won’t look half as bad. I know that doesn’t fit the rhetoric of some, those that will wee wee&whinge every time something goes against us and sometimes just blatantly make things up to stir up discontent & worry amongst the fan base. I’m interested that you make loyalty sound like a bad thing, I’m not blindly loyal but like to keep a sense of perspective.

Makes you laugh how negative some of us are!

The team plays with a negative attitude, the manager sets up in a negative way...The actual Chairman says "Big trouble" next season....thats hardly a positive...is it?

why are the fans negative?

Cos the whole bloody set up is geared to it

Edited by asteener1867

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Theres no evidence of it. It’s just scaremongering.

Yes. I'd agree. 

Far from happy with pretty much everything that's going with the club, but the baseless accusations and scaremongering don't help anyone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Yes. I'd agree. 

Far from happy with pretty much everything that's going with the club, but the baseless accusations and scaremongering don't help anyone. 

Agree mate...but its bound to happen if the club don't actually connect with the fans...

What on earth is the problem with the club coming out and saying these ridiculous theories on social media are total bull sh *t?

No doubt its not because of any sort of long term plan...cos its patently obvious the club hasn't got one...but they could at least put to rest some of the rumours with a simple statement....There is none

5 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Cant sign anyone.

1 point out of 18

Jos as manager (lol)

And Chansiri,s advisers running the show. I believe things are about to get a whole lot worse.

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Another mindless thread.

FFP and being skint aren't the same thing ffs. 

Nobody is happy with the current situation but the thin skinned, drama queen, snowflakey fannies really need to get a grip. 

Keep clapping then fanny 

• Haha 1