SKINT

In football balancing the books just means losing less than 39m over 3 years. That relies on the owner to fund that difference as DC has to now.

The day he stops is the day we really are foooked

3 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Enlightening 

The money is still going in and the wages of staff are still being paid. When that stops then I’ll agree we’re fizzed.

Ive just drove past hydroponic lights on with all the Xmas lights, looks great.

Things are tough at the minute but Jesus some fans are being over dramatic.

Just need to balance the books and start getting some results 

Oh good , phew for a moment I thought we were in trouble thanks for the reassurance 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Enlightening 

The money is still going in and the wages of staff are still being paid. When that stops then I’ll agree we’re fizzed.

Ive just drove past hydroponic lights on with all the Xmas lights, looks great.

Things are tough at the minute but Jesus some fans are being over dramatic.

Just need to balance the books and start getting some results 

I wouldn’t bother mate, the general mood seems one of complete hopelessness. Some fans “just” need to get a grip, we ain’t skint, we “just” can’t chuck millions at players. Funny how the folks who keep saying how some fans don’t realise how fecked we are struggle to understand the situation themselves.

“Just” my opinion, obviously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

That relies on the owner to fund that difference as DC has to now.

That was the point I was making 

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

That was the point I was making 

And none of us know how much he has to put in, or been given to put in or importantly how much more he wants to put in 

Just now, mkowl said:

And none of us know how much he has to put in, or been given to put in or importantly how much more he wants to put in 

True. But until that becomes clear it’s pretty misleading for some to suggest we are skint rather than trapped by a combo of FFP and injured players 

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

In football balancing the books just means losing less than 39m over 3 years. That relies on the owner to fund that difference as DC has to now.

id be struggling to think of a club in a worst way than us at min, we are easily the worst on the pitch at the min and even Ipswich would turn us over at min , off the pitch they aint a club in a worst way ,there just aint any hope at min , but miracles are possible jos could be gone Monday ,chansiri sells up Tuesday and on Wednesday league announce ffp cancelled and now losses can be 60 million . 

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

True. But until that becomes clear it’s pretty misleading for some to suggest we are skint rather than trapped by a combo of FFP and injured players 

we have 3 injured only. and 2 of those wont play again lee,hooper . just a chance in new year we might have winnall ,so in theory we have our strongest squad at min its just he wont touch 5-6 of them . it cant be more obvious that jos has to go ,I doubt a single owner out there wouldn't have sacked him by now. id even have bullen for season than jos at least we like the guy. 

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

we have 3 injured only. and 2 of those wont play again lee,hooper . just a chance in new year we might have winnall ,so in theory we have our strongest squad at min its just he wont touch 5-6 of them . it cant be more obvious that jos has to go ,I doubt a single owner out there wouldn't have sacked him by now. id even have bullen for season than jos at least we like the guy. 

We either have long term injuries to 3 key players or others that are injury prone so we can’t move them on or maximise their value. Or as suggested by sky contractual situations that could make matters worse. We have some big worries, but thankfully the costs of it are still covered as far as I can tell.

Doesn’t FFP limit how much an owner can put in per season as well as £39m losses over a rolling 3 year period? 

FFP also doesn’t seemingly stop you upgrading commercial, training and stadium facilities - we have done little on that front.

In my opinion, any owner who has ties to real estate and building does all of those things.

31 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

Doesn’t FFP limit how much an owner can put in per season as well as £39m losses over a rolling 3 year period? 

FFP also doesn’t seemingly stop you upgrading commercial, training and stadium facilities - we have done little on that front.

In my opinion, any owner who has ties to real estate and building does all of those things.

Not if your only plan was wham, bam, thank you mam, chucking money at it for an instant reward of Premier League megabucks, else abandon the project if that doesn’t work, sell up, and walk away.