Chansiri out !

3 hours ago, Baggiehy said:

It would be good if it was that easy and also kind of scary how quickly some forget. Both our Clubs have Foreign owners and it hasn't gone smoothly for either recently John Willliams let Pulis and his croonies (and I included the returning Megson in ths) destroy in just over 18 months what others had taken a decade to build and a model that fit our club that worked. Lai brought back Mark Jenkins whose ruthlessness I don't really like but he is needed we've made a profit on cutting down squad size so it gives longer in the championship while falling in with FFP guildlines. Just in case we are down here longer than two seasons. I can see the reasoning to try and get people away from POTD from both sides. Season tickets brings revenue back into the club early and the club gets the interest. As a Fan if you haven't got the cash to do that I fully understand the feeling they are gouging you. As an Outsider though it's struck  me DC's acted in what he thinks is the club's best Intrest. You signed Jordan Rhodes a player has commanded a Prem Salary at various clubs despite never playing in league. I think Both MM and DC have tried their best for Wednesday not bad for a club literally 30 minutes from death at the hands of HMRC. If DC goes who buys you? There's A lot of Oyston's, Allam's and Venky's about who drop you back in the soup. Personally I've seen you put up with and come Back from way worse you'll do the same again

With all respect mate WBA were PL last season we were PL 18 soon to be 19 years ago, we are now worse off then before he came, we are sinking like a stone, its time for him to either make drastic changes NOW that will save our season or put into place to look for a buyer who can move us forward ....Nottm Forest had this with Fawaz, leeds too and they got shut no reason why we cant.

Also why do people constantly mention we nearly went out of business with  HMRC constantly as if we should always let this hold us back, might as well chuck in save our owls in the 70s too while we're at it eh? ..such a negative way to look at things.

2 hours ago, horny owl said:

Some of us saw this coming

Chansiri has never impressed me and I didn't  trust him when I first learned of his strange, superstitious nature

In his entire time here he's done nothing to change my opinion

Carlos was a disaster but it's Chansiri who's ultimately responsible for every decision that's led us to this point of the likelihood of returning to league 1

phookin shambles

Carlos was not a disaster he had two full seasons and we got in the play offs in both.

the whole carlos was behind our injuries etc etc has clearly been debunked by the fact we’re still in the same position now he’s long gone.

the chairman is clueless in terms of football and jos is an appalling example of that in that we have a manager with zero knowledge of the league and a complete lack of charisma to take over a club like Wednesday.

chansiri is gonna be here for a while but jos doesn’t have to be - for God’s sake get a manager in that knows the division otherwise we are in trouble.

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Don't get me wrong, it quickly became obvious he wasn't the messiah and was very naughty. I moaned like fizz from the start (I know moan 24/7 anyway).

But, when we got him, I was happier than I've been since the 90's. We had a rich chairman. We got a new pitch and scoreboard. We had loads a money.

Gutted.

You'd think so wouldn't you but there are fans (or pigs) on here who actually think he is doing a good job and look forward to seeing him take us forward.

2 hours ago, ka58 said:

Carlos was not a disaster he had two full seasons and we got in the play offs in both.

the whole carlos was behind our injuries etc etc has clearly been debunked by the fact we’re still in the same position now he’s long gone.

the chairman is clueless in terms of football and jos is an appalling example of that in that we have a manager with zero knowledge of the league and a complete lack of charisma to take over a club like Wednesday.

chansiri is gonna be here for a while but jos doesn’t have to be - for God’s sake get a manager in that knows the division otherwise we are in trouble.

We only have 3 injuries. The others are just not being selected. 

Everything he has done has gone wrong .... 

the stupid pricing. Alienating a whole generation of potential new supporters, and putting off loyal (if not grumpy ) supporters like me 

alienating loyal corporate customers 

replica kit farce (and price) 

not sacking clueless sooner 

Allowing stupid people to sign rubbish like abdi and Hutchinson on mega long deals 

adopting a ‘if you don’t like it , do one’ approach , along with stupid surveys . 

Writing ‘chansiri’ in the north stand seats (yeah okay now I’m joking but it’s still a sh!t thing to do) 

we are now in a worse position than when he took over yet are stuck with several crap players and paying double the price for the privilidge . How anybody wants this oaf to remain in charge is beyond me. 

Edited by james o connor

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Everything he has done has gone wrong .... 

the stupid pricing. Alienating a whole generation of potential new supporters, and putting off loyal (if not grumpy ) supporters like me 

STUPID PRICING: BEST ATTENDANCES SONCE PREMIERSHIP DAYS, BEST SEASON TICKET SALES, RECORD REVENUES GENERATED.

alienating loyal corporate customers 

replica kit farce (and price) 

KIT FARCE: DESPITE PRICING, DELAYS & DESIGN HAVENT WE SOLD RECORD NUMBERS OF EACH KIT HES RELEASED? 

not sacking clueless sooner 

2 FULL SEASONS, 2 PLAYOFF ACHIEVED

Allowing stupid people to sign rubbish like abdi and Hutchinson on mega long deals 

ABDI WAS SEEN AS A COUP, AS WAS BOYD, MANAGING TO RETAIN WESTWOOD & HUTCH AT THE TIME THEY WERE PLAYING AT THEIR ABSOLUTE PRIME WAS APPLAUDED BY ALL WHO HAD THOUGHT BOTH WERE LEAVING FOR FREE

adopting a ‘if you don’t like it , do one’ approach , along with stupid surveys . 

Writing ‘chansiri’ in the north stand seats (yeah okay now I’m joking but it’s still a sh!t thing to do) 

we are now in a worse position than when he took over yet are stuck with several crap players and paying double the price for the privilidge . How anybody wants this oaf to remain in charge is beyond me. 

WORSE POSITION: IN WHAT SENSE? DESPITE THE INJURIES SWUAD IS BETTER, WITH MORE SALABLE ASSETS, PITCH IS BETTER, STADIUM BETTER, YOUTH SET UP BETTER.... 

To play devils advacate - points in bold above... 

Whilst I’d agree it’s not all gone his way, he’s tried, he’s also achieved far more than he seems to get credit for even with the failures lumped in.

• Like 2

Chansiri has made a lot of mistakes, some bigger than others, but but some of the flack is a little OTT.  He should have also offered Howard Wilkinson a role when he first took over. 

Arguably his biggest mistake for me since taking over is appointing Jos. After Carlos wasted a lot of his cash, the next appointment was crucial. That said, i  still think that with the right manager, with the likes of Reach, Bannnan, Forestieri, Joao and  Fletcher at the managers disposal, we’re good enough of an attacking threat to be much closer to the playoffs. 

As as much as it hurts us seeing us in our current situation, I’m sure it hurts him just as much seeing tens of millions of his own money frittered away. 

Edited by LoadABallacks

7 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Whenever our club is in the shiit.

The predators circle looking to screw us.

It's rubbish and I hate it.

The truth of the matter is that we support his club, this is the price of years of abject failure and neglect. If you have a run down property for sale the value will be low, getting it into some state of order will increase it’s value, a bit like a football club actually. 

Guest The Horse

Chansiri was/ is just naieve. He put his faith in others to use his cash to deliver him and us a Premier League club.

The trouble for all of us is that the main problem at this club - the source of all the damp rot that no amount of metaphorical coats of paint can cover up is the leech stuck to Chansiri's neck that he just can't remove in the guise of Paxo Chicken Man.

The guy has our chairman and club under a poisoned spell.

_20181125_081223.JPG

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

STUPID PRICING: BEST ATTENDANCES SONCE PREMIERSHIP DAYS, BEST SEASON TICKET SALES, RECORD REVENUES GENERATED.

KIT FARCE: DESPITE PRICING, DELAYS & DESIGN HAVENT WE SOLD RECORD NUMBERS OF EACH KIT HES RELEASED? 

ABDI WAS SEEN AS A COUP, AS WAS BOYD, MANAGING TO RETAIN WESTWOOD & HUTCH AT THE TIME THEY WERE PLAYING AT THEIR ABSOLUTE PRIME WAS APPLAUDED BY ALL WHO HAD THOUGHT BOTH WERE LEAVING FOR FREE

WORSE POSITION: IN WHAT SENSE? DESPITE THE INJURIES SWUAD IS BETTER, WITH MORE SALABLE ASSETS, PITCH IS BETTER, STADIUM BETTER, YOUTH SET UP BETTER.... 

Whilst I’d agree it’s not all gone his way, he’s tried, he’s also achieved far more than he seems to get credit for even with the failures lumped in.

Do you think the attendances will be the same next year when the three year tickets end ? No me either . 

Record numbers of kits ? Yes riteo:tango:

nobody in their right mind would have given a player who’d already retired more than a year deal at a time , never mind 4 . Again nobody with any sense would applaud this deal .

how is the squad better ? It’s dire ! Ageing dross costing millions for nothing and bar reach and bannan , no saleable assets . 

The stadium is still a dump but yes the pitch is better I’ll give you that . 

You can’t possibly be that deluded , surely 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Do you think the attendances will be the same next year when the three year tickets end ? No me either . 

Record numbers of kits ? Yes riteo:tango:

nobody in their right mind would have given a player who’d already retired more than a year deal at a time , never mind 4 . Again nobody with any sense would applaud this deal .

how is the squad better ? It’s dire ! Ageing dross costing millions for nothing and bar reach and bannan , no saleable assets . 

The stadium is still a dump but yes the pitch is better I’ll give you that . 

You can’t possibly be that deluded , surely 

I guess we’ll see how many salable assets we have come January or close season. I’m fairly certain pre DC we couldn’t have sold a player for 5m and yet we have 4/5 on books now that should exceed that amount. 

Whilst i’m Not saying everything’s rosy it’s not been complete shibo either. You have to be able to see the good and bad surely? 

I agree on hutch btw but season he won the new deal he was in inspired form playing fairly often, he’s not been anywhere near that player since. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I guess we’ll see how many salable assets we have come January or close season. I’m fairly certain pre DC we couldn’t have sold a player for 5m and yet we have 4/5 on books now that should exceed that amount. 

Whilst i’m Not saying everything’s rosy it’s not been complete shibo either. You have to be able to see the good and bad surely? 

I agree on hutch btw but season he won the new deal he was in inspired form playing fairly often, he’s not been anywhere near that player since. 

I’ll be honest no I don’t agree there is good . It pains me what chansiri has done . I enjoyed getting in the play offs and yes we can’t help that hooper and lee were prematurely finished , that’s just a shame . 

But the fact we are in a relegation scrap despite paying the highest prices in the league and with hundreds of players sat doing nothing clearly highlights it’s a mess 

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

With all due respects Phil I see you are noted as being in South Africa so perhaps you can see the whole picture ...BUT not the detail 

The attendances were boosted due to for the first time in 20 years some money being chucked at the team and admittedly an exciting first season 

since then misleading surveys and seeming commitment to keep spending ( despite an embargo that must have been in the air) convinced people to stump up years in advance for ST

these ST holders are present despite many being at home watching paint dry 

frankly i am dubious about the figures attending anyway 

as for 'record sales; of that sh*t kit  do me a favour - on reflection i've edited my real feelings

the pitch is better but that just emphasises the job done by Gray ( sacked with out a chance) on a bobbly beach

You  have a point about abdi it was and should still be a coup  but for whatever reason he has splinters in his arse now

IF true I can understand the westwood contract thing because I suspect we are in that  desperate a financial position  to  not be able to spend or commit anymore 

The squad is better but is playing even worse than the fumes Gray had to work with 

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Aye, even from a critic of his chairmanship like myself, I would have to concede that there have been both positive and negative aspects of his tenure. I have even consistently conceded that, whilst I feel he has taken the club as far as his ability will allow, that there are far worse than him out there so we should be a little careful with the negativity.

My main gripe from the beginning was Chansiri came in on the back of a sustained period of steady but unspectacular growth under Mandaric. Chansiri should have built on that using the increased financial resources he had at hand. Instead of evolutionary change, he embarked on a reinvention of the wheel overhaul. Change is always good in any business model but change too quickly is usually costly and damaging.

My opinion at the time and still to this day is we didn't need transfer committees and the like. We didn't need multiple parties involved in transfer transactions. We were not Southampton or Swansea in the Premier League operating such structures. We should have stuck for the time being anyway with the more traditional structure of the manager or coach identifying the transfer targets and the club doing all that could be done under a sustainable transfer strategy to bring them in.

It is firmly my opinion that the big ideas that Chansiri had at that time, no doubt forced upon him by those in the game with their own vested interests, has directly led the state that the club is in now. Chansiri has been the architect of his own downfall and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, even from a critic of his chairmanship like myself, I would have to concede that there have been both positive and negative aspects of his tenure. I have even consistently conceded that, whilst I feel he has taken the club as far as his ability will allow, that there are far worse than him out there so we should be a little careful with the negativity.

My main gripe from the beginning was Chansiri came in on the back of a sustained period of steady but unspectacular growth under Mandaric. Chansiri should have built on that using the increased financial resources he had at hand. Instead of evolutionary change, he embarked on a reinvention of the wheel overhaul. Change is always good in any business model but change too quickly is usually costly and damaging.

My opinion at the time and still to this day is we didn't need transfer committees and the like. We didn't need multiple parties involved in transfer transactions. We were not Southampton or Swansea in the Premier League operating such structures. We should have stuck for the time being anyway with the more traditional structure of the manager or coach identifying the transfer targets and the club doing all that could be done under a sustainable transfer strategy to bring them in.

It is firmly my opinion that the big ideas that Chansiri had at that time, no doubt forced upon him by those in the game with their own vested interests, has directly led the state that the club is in now. Chansiri has been the architect of his own downfall and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Very well balanced post. 

Im hopeful that he’s learnt from the mistakes and we can still operate within available means throughout this season and the next until he’s able to rectify some of those mistakes.

I still stick by better the devil you know and it’s not his effort or desire that’s let him down but the application. But that’s just my opinion.  

Difficult to summarise but the biggest problem with DC is his complete disregard of the people who have our club at heart mainly the supporters and people such as Wilko and others longtime associated with the club. Instead he appears to be advised by vultures who's only interest is to line their own pockets first. He's completely lost the fanbase and corporate side by not listening to what they had to say in the first place. 

No good business man alienates the very thing that is the very life and soul of the club.

• Like 1

It’s been said that Chansiri wasn’t at the game yesterday and after what happened after the Norwich game it probably isn’t a surprise?

I suspect it’s got to the point where he is being encouraged certainly by his family to distance himself from the club or to even get out altogether?

Whatever the reasons we’re stuck with a manager who is coming across as a different animal to the one it was said he was in Germany. One who was principled and would walk out of a job if he wasn’t happy with his working conditions? Well in typical Wednesday fashion it would seem he’s totally happy here while everything seems to be going to pot?

TBH I suspect this situation will continue until it’s too late to avoid another relegation into League 1. We’ve got a manager who will try to ride out this storm and when you consider he’s recently admitted that this will be probably be his last job in football management then he his going to hang around. Add this to the Chairman’s seemingly reluctance to make a change and after the struggle he had to find a replacement for Carlos last Christmas then you can probably understand why things are why they are. This whether we like it or not is a managers job no one in their right mind wants and this whole sorry situation is typical Sheffield Wednesday I’m afraid?