Car crash

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

You see them now and again at this time of year. Especially with the foggy weather.

Anyway. On to the game.

Thought we looked better than Derby for large parts of the first half. No surprise when we took the lead.

Quite liked the way we were set up and Reach was popping up everywhere to ask them questions.

Lovely ball from Fernando by the way. 

Hector....it's another simple mistake. Shame as he's been one of our best players this season for me. Can't blame the manager for that sort of error. But he will be blamed for it none the less.

The lad Tomori should have been off the pitch. The foul on Lees is a second booking in anybodies eyes.

Lampard knew he had been lucky and no surprise to see him off at the break. 

Can't help think the referee was a bit star struck with some of the things he was giving and not giving. But we're used to that.

Overall I thought we were worth something from that game.

I think if that effort from Fox sneaks in we get the point we deserved overall.

Not the result we wanted. But I don't think that was anywhere near the horror show that some people are making out.

Anyway. My gloom siren is warning me there's some meltdowns coming. So I'm off..

giphy.gif

Night folks. 

I agree with a lot of what you say, their 1st goal was fortunate and the 2nd was down to 2 poor bits of play from Hector, who as you say can look outstanding for 89 minutes but seems to have a major blunder in him too often.

Not sure we did enough in the end to recover from 2-1 down at half-time though. FF should have scored and Fox hit the woodwork but they also hit the woodwork and they squandered plenty of good chances on the break. 

It may have been an improved display in parts but it is yet another defeat and I am struggling to remember out last home win it was that long ago. I don't think people being rightly critical and worried about the direction we are heading can be classed as a meltdown when we have picked up 1 point from 6 games and that solitary point came from our only clean sheet, earned at the cost of playing without any attacking intent whatsoever. 

26 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

I would say his limitations are part of the problem not the problem.

The lack of a decent fullback is a much bigger issue as is a total and utter lack of a leader on the pitch.

Agree that both are big problems but for me CM is where we really lose it.... but as they say.... opinions and ars.h...s an all that

44 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

Writing is on the wall. For me it's better to just get on with making the change which will inevitably happen. 

A combination of some fans expecting too much of this season as they aren't understanding the situation we are in and just see that we spent a bit (not a lot compared to many others) 2 years ago and seem to think this squad is better than it actually is, players who are mentally weak, a huge issue of not having a single full back good enough for the league, no pace or strength or leadership on the pitch, tactics which I don't understand what they are trying to achieve and constant changing of the starting line up has lead to a team with no direction and a complete lack of confidence.

I can't see it improving now it never does when you reach this point.

We get this rammed down our throat at every available opportunity though. I don’t think there are many fans who fail to grasp the situation surrounding our finances but this doesn’t excuse failing to utilise the assets we do have at our disposal and turning out a team that at least looks like they’re capable of attacking the opposition.

Jos should go for all the reasons you outline in your post, we have enough good players in our squad to fashion a team that can compete in the top to middle half of this league at least, they just need setting up the right way.

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Genius tactic to have three attackers on the pitch and have everyone back for all their corners except the one in the 3rd minor injury time.

This tactic drives me mental !!!   what is the point?  At 2 - 1 down  we may as well lose 3 - 1 if only we go a bit stronger for it.  FF and BB  will never head corners away so leave them at least out of the box for a clearance to stick.   

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I don't think people being rightly critical and worried about the direction we are heading can be classed as a meltdown 

Me neither.  But they're not the people who have meltdowns.

Critical analysis is one thing. 

I was more referring to the "get this Dutch cùñt out of my fùçking club and tell his stupid fat twàt boss to sell up and fuçk off with him, and they can take that tanned tosspot food for nothing wage theif puśśytwat with them too. The bàstards . The mustached wànker shouldn't be allowed in the country never mind the club.  We should be hammering teams like this."

Etc etc.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

We get this rammed down our throat at every available opportunity though. I don’t think there are many fans who fail to grasp the situation surrounding our finances but this doesn’t excuse failing to utilise the assets we do have at our disposal and turning out a team that at least looks like they’re capable of attacking the opposition.

Jos should go for all the reasons you outline in your post, we have enough good players in our squad to fashion a team that can compete in the top to middle half of this league at least, they just need setting up the right way.

I'm not disagreeing that Jos shouldn't go. Can for me.

I would say there are a huge amount of fans blinded by the 2 play off seasons. This squad is not very good but is better than the last 6 games. I have seen loads of posts claiming we should be in the play offs. 

Changing the manager will probably be enough to stop us getting relegated but that's about it. There is not a single leader on that pitch, the players have a mental weakness and apart from a couple of players we don't have many players any of the top 6 would want.

• Thanks 1

Although, like most people on this thread, I agree that the performance today was ok'ish, we are playing like a team that is too good to go down.

By that, I mean morale and confidence is low and both are down to the coach.

If there is one job that's down to the coach it is making sure that the team is prepared each week before they cross that white line and I don't see that with the current side.

1 minute ago, Slogboy said:

I saw that too. Nearly every pass to Bannan

I'm not sure if it was after the Norwich game but his passing stats were posted on here. He'd played the second fewest passes of anyone on the pitch if I remember correctly. What sort of central midfielder is that ffs? No wonder Bannan is struggling. 

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Agree...

Thats why I have decided that its D-Day on Tuesday....

If Jos plays a negative line up...Thats me done with him...

I didn't expect miracles this year...but I didn't expect to be in a relegation battle...and Luhukays mix and match picks have got us into a position where we seem to be sleepwalking towards it...

How do you get it wrong so many times?

Last year we were tight at the back....and f.ookin' garbage up front..This year...we are garbage at f.ookin' both, although we looked promising at times up front today...

How do you get it ALL bloody wrong..after getting half of it right....?

Its like ..I dunno....

Puttin' a wheel on a bike...tightening one wing nut...walking around the other side...tightening the other wing nut...then instead of riding the f.ookin' thing...walk back around and loosening the one you tightened in the first place................

Then bloody fallin' offa the f.ooker!!!!

When we're last time you looked at a bike....wing nuts FFS. UTO.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Yes. I know that. 

I thought it was a better performance though and that really we should have won it 

1 point in 18 is a shocking run I agree. 

Just shows how the fine margins can build up doesn't it. 

The margins haven't been that fine really. We lost most of them by a country mile in all areas of the pitch.

14 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Now the rage and tantrums have subsided. There is no way in a million years we deserved to lose that game. 

Fernando and Fox should have buried those chances. 

rage, tantrums

we lost... records won't say how well we played at times

Thing is, we have been that crap, even the briefest passages of play, are now regarded as a marker that all is well.,

1 point out  18

playing so well eh ?

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

rage, tantrums

we lost... records won't say how well we played at times

Thing is, we have been that crap, even the briefest passages of play, are now regarded as a marker that all is well.,

1 point out  18

playing so well eh ?

Don't be deliberately disingenuous, I didn't say we 'played well' or that 'all was well', you've plucked that from thin air. 

Just pointing out that, in isolation, we didn't deserve to lose yesterday's game. That doesn't change the fact we have massive issues at present. 

On the flip-side I don't think we deserved to beat Bristol City or Millwall, for example, but that's football for you. 

19 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

You see them now and again at this time of year. Especially with the foggy weather.

Anyway. On to the game.

Thought we looked better than Derby for large parts of the first half. No surprise when we took the lead.

Quite liked the way we were set up and Reach was popping up everywhere to ask them questions.

Lovely ball from Fernando by the way. 

Hector....it's another simple mistake. Shame as he's been one of our best players this season for me. Can't blame the manager for that sort of error. But he will be blamed for it none the less.

The lad Tomori should have been off the pitch. The foul on Lees is a second booking in anybodies eyes.

Lampard knew he had been lucky and no surprise to see him off at the break. 

Can't help think the referee was a bit star struck with some of the things he was giving and not giving. But we're used to that.

Overall I thought we were worth something from that game.

I think if that effort from Fox sneaks in we get the point we deserved overall.

Not the result we wanted. But I don't think that was anywhere near the horror show that some people are making out.

Anyway. My gloom siren is warning me there's some meltdowns coming. So I'm off..

giphy.gif

Night folks. 

16 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Although, like most people on this thread, I agree that the performance today was ok'ish, we are playing like a team that is too good to go down.

By that, I mean morale and confidence is low and both are down to the coach.

If there is one job that's down to the coach it is making sure that the team is prepared each week before they cross that white line and I don't see that with the current side.

I believe jos alluded to this the other week when he said players need to start taking responsibility

19 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

3 yellows he could have had. All 3 would have been yellows if our players had done em. Crap defending and no passion from the management in the dugout. 

Imagine if we didn't have Bannan and Reach. 

Wait till February

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Don't be deliberately disingenuous, I didn't say we 'played well' or that 'all was well', you've plucked that from thin air. 

Just pointing out that, in isolation, we didn't deserve to lose yesterday's game. That doesn't change the fact we have massive issues at present. 

On the flip-side I don't think we deserved to beat Bristol City or Millwall, for example, but that's football for you. 

My comments are born out of the reality of it all. I think we are so far in the crap, that mentioning we played well, just doesn't alter the

fact of where we are as a club and team.

In the mire.

5 hours ago, billyblack said:

People will only stop moaning when jos is gone. Then they can start moaning at the next guy who comes in

People will only stop moaning when the performances on the pitch and the number of points in the bag improves significantly.

Whether that is under Jos' jurisdiction, or not, depends on the results that he achieves.

15 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

People will only stop moaning when the performances on the pitch and the number of points in the bag improves significantly.

Whether that is under Jos' jurisdiction, or not, depends on the results that he achieves.

People want the taj mahal building out of a cowpat