Car crash

Agree he’s not got the backing and it’ll take a Herculean effort to win the fans back. Said after Norwich we should cut our losses and get on with making a change.

its the constant messing with the defence and complaining that “we don’t have enough consistency in our defending” that finished it for me.... although his comment on Friday that we showed “ambition” at the Lane was just as bad. It was the most humiliatingly unambitious derby performance I’ve ever seen in my life, and if that’s truly what Jos sees then he’s deluded and has to go ASAP. 

Edited by paulrs

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

You see them now and again at this time of year. Especially with the foggy weather.

Anyway. On to the game.

Thought we looked better than Derby for large parts of the first half. No surprise when we took the lead.

Quite liked the way we were set up and Reach was popping up everywhere to ask them questions.

Lovely ball from Fernando by the way. 

Hector....it's another simple mistake. Shame as he's been one of our best players this season for me. Can't blame the manager for that sort of error. But he will be blamed for it none the less.

The lad Tomori should have been off the pitch. The foul on Lees is a second booking in anybodies eyes.

Lampard knew he had been lucky and no surprise to see him off at the break. 

Can't help think the referee was a bit star struck with some of the things he was giving and not giving. But we're used to that.

Overall I thought we were worth something from that game.

I think if that effort from Fox sneaks in we get the point we deserved overall.

Not the result we wanted. But I don't think that was anywhere near the horror show that some people are making out.

Anyway. My gloom siren is warning me there's some meltdowns coming. So I'm off..

giphy.gif

Night folks. 

Like how liked the way Reach popped everywhere. No wonder you are a Jos fan. This is one of Jos’s tactics that makes us weak. Whilst it makes Reach look good in patches, it dictates Bannan plays a deeper defensive role, not only do we lose Barry’s creativity, news flash he can’t defend. This is compounded with that Jos insists on playing his non footballing love child at the side of Barry. Whilst this continues we will ship goals. Unless we play all out defence like we did at the Lane, in which case we will never score. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Agree. Goalposts are often moved to suit the mood of the camp.

Still. It is another defeat and that is a worrying trend. A win -which wouldn't have been totally undeserved today- after a point of the lane would have been a decent halting of the slide. But I think even two wins wouldn't be enough. 

Once you've lost the backing you've lost the backing. Whether he actually goes though is a completely different thing. 

Whether we could get anyone better interested is another question which I don't think anyone really knows either. 

Writing is on the wall. For me it's better to just get on with making the change which will inevitably happen. 

A combination of some fans expecting too much of this season as they aren't understanding the situation we are in and just see that we spent a bit (not a lot compared to many others) 2 years ago and seem to think this squad is better than it actually is, players who are mentally weak, a huge issue of not having a single full back good enough for the league, no pace or strength or leadership on the pitch, tactics which I don't understand what they are trying to achieve and constant changing of the starting line up has lead to a team with no direction and a complete lack of confidence.

I can't see it improving now it never does when you reach this point.

Thought the performance  today was ok and  we were unlucky to lose but...  1 point out of 18, continually picking Fox, appearing to pick the back 4 out of  a hat each week,  ignoring  established experienced players, being unable to get us looking anything like the sum of our parts...   I think we need a change...

48 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Yes. I know that. 

I thought it was a better performance though and that really we should have won it 

1 point in 18 is a shocking run I agree. 

Just shows how the fine margins can build up doesn't it. 

Margins are fine. We disadvantage ourselves by having the most lightweight CM in the division. Replace Joey with someone who can do something other than pass the ball 5m to Bannan or backwards and we might start to get some decent results

4 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

Margins are fine. We disadvantage ourselves by having the most lightweight CM in the division. Replace Joey with someone who can do something other than pass the ball 5m to Bannan or backwards and we might start to get some decent results

Who do you have in mind?

21 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Like how liked the way Reach popped everywhere. No wonder you are a Jos fan. This is one of Jos’s tactics that makes us weak. Whilst it makes Reach look good in patches, it dictates Bannan plays a deeper defensive role, not only do we lose Barry’s creativity, news flash he can’t defend. This is compounded with that Jos insists on playing his non footballing love child at the side of Barry. Whilst this continues we will ship goals. Unless we play all out defence like we did at the Lane, in which case we will never score. 

Not particularly a fan to be honest, but just don't go hopping mad about it.

For what it's worth I prefer Reach higher up the park and someone else in midfield.  My point was more that during that period when we were dominant and he was popping up and causing them all sorts of problems if we had capitalised it would have been a different story. 

Fantastic ball from Bannan to Reach for the goal though.

Who would you put in there with him (Bannan)?

I'd have put Hector behind the pair of them today and had Thorniley at centre half. But I'm not the manager

659958292_2018-11-2411_31_12.thumb.png.d906348cd9b2d7dbffa297bbbc9a658a.png

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Who do you have in mind?

A number of possibilities. I know it's not popular to 'scapegoat' individual players but I really believe he is at the root of the problem. Given that his primary role is to protect the back 4 I think he does his job appallingly. Often yards behind the play, very easily beat for pace and/or strength, barely has a pass in him (and sees so little of the ball given his absolutely pivotal position.) In my opinion, Hutchinson, Jones or Hector (with Thorniley in his defensive position) would all offer more protection and all more prepared to get involved in passing play than Joey.

I’ve defended Jos over the past few weeks, and I still don’t think he can take all the flack, but I think we have to make a change now.

Whether it’s right or wrong the fans are almost totally against him. He won’t win round the majority of supporters any time soon, and so any chance to snipe at him or the team will be done. Couple that with fans paying through the nose and so expecting better means that no matter what Jos does, he’s not really going to get any plaudits.

We are also dropping like a stone. We have the worst defensive record in the league, 1 point in the past 18 (I think) and no sign that we are really learning from our mistakes.

Add to that that 2 managers who have both got promoted out of this league are on the market, then fans are going to look that way and say why aren’t we going after them.

It at least needs some sort of statement or the like from those above to say what the plan is going forward. The lack of any official communication / action is damaging and is polarising the fan base, which desperately needs pulling together.

7 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

A number of possibilities. I know it's not popular to 'scapegoat' individual players but I really believe he is at the root of the problem. Given that his primary role is to protect the back 4 I think he does his job appallingly. Often yards behind the play, very easily beat for pace and/or strength, barely has a pass in him (and sees so little of the ball given his absolutely pivotal position.) In my opinion, Hutchinson, Jones or Hector (with Thorniley in his defensive position) would all offer more protection and all more prepared to get involved in passing play than Joey.

I would say his limitations are part of the problem not the problem.

The lack of a decent fullback is a much bigger issue as is a total and utter lack of a leader on the pitch.

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Not particularly a fan to be honest, but just don't go hopping mad about it.

For what it's worth I prefer Reach higher up the park and someone else in midfield.  My point was more that during that period when we were dominant and he was popping up and causing them all sorts of problems if we had capitalised it would have been a different story. 

Fantastic ball from Bannan to Reach for the goal though.

Who would you put in there with him (Bannan)?

I'd have put Hector behind the pair of them today and had Thorniley at centre half. But I'm not the manager

659958292_2018-11-2411_31_12.thumb.png.d906348cd9b2d7dbffa297bbbc9a658a.png

Think we have witnessed enough now to see Joey isn’t good enough for the Championship for me he should accompany Jos back to the land of orange. 

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

You see them now and again at this time of year. Especially with the foggy weather.

Anyway. On to the game.

Thought we looked better than Derby for large parts of the first half. No surprise when we took the lead.

Quite liked the way we were set up and Reach was popping up everywhere to ask them questions.

Lovely ball from Fernando by the way. 

Hector....it's another simple mistake. Shame as he's been one of our best players this season for me. Can't blame the manager for that sort of error. But he will be blamed for it none the less.

The lad Tomori should have been off the pitch. The foul on Lees is a second booking in anybodies eyes.

Lampard knew he had been lucky and no surprise to see him off at the break. 

Can't help think the referee was a bit star struck with some of the things he was giving and not giving. But we're used to that.

Overall I thought we were worth something from that game.

I think if that effort from Fox sneaks in we get the point we deserved overall.

Not the result we wanted. But I don't think that was anywhere near the horror show that some people are making out.

Anyway. My gloom siren is warning me there's some meltdowns coming. So I'm off..

giphy.gif

Night folks. 

I don't care how we win... I'm happy 

I dont care how we lose...I'm unhappy

Simple 

JOS OUT.