Where to start?

In no particular order:

Defending 101 states "don't let it bounce" but we don't seem to have that nailed down.

Morgan Fox had an utter car crash today and Penney is far superior (although I don't agree with cheering him off).

Ash Baker isn't quite ready for this level yet imo. Puts a shift in but is missing that edge.

Bannan, FF and Reach all played well and without them we are half the team.

The referee was a disgrace throughout.

Jos will keep his job.

Enough said.

57 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

We’ll play worse and win. 

That's a good and concise summation.

We weren't really that bad today. Individual errors in defence and a sitter missed up front cost us.

I know we're on a bad run, but anyone who replaces Jos - whether it be Steve Bruce or Pep Guardiola - is going to have exactly the same problems and no budget to put it right.

4 hours ago, full fathom five said:

Where to start SACK JOS

Just demote him to the Taxi firm.. he should be okay as long as he doesn't talk to the customers

He looks like the taxi driver i usually get on a Sunday morning home from work from a well known "city" taxi firm

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 1

I'd start with our Forwards, count up the "sitters", and easy shot's they've taken, but missed...and we'd be top 6.  Today we fielded an Owlstalk fantasy front-3, and none of them scored, and they did get decent service.  

Was a bit surprised to see the absence of Penny & Thorniley, and Palmer, in a back-4, but got a further look at Baker & Fox, more so Baker than Fox.  Baker looks to my eye like a Midfielder, attacking, rather than a Right Back in a Back 3,  or a Right Winger in a Back 4.

The difference in this match today, was that our Fantasy Forwards, got service, and between the lot, couldn't manage even an equalizer, when they should have netted 3 anyway.  I know, easy to say, if you don't play, but that was disappointing, still, we move on.

I've seen the highlights, felt we weren't too bad today.

That said, nobody in this league is making the number of rookie/individual errors we are, that alone will kill us. Tactics and Head Coach aside the players need to own that!! 

Edited by Morepork