Sheffield Wednesday - V- Franks Lampards Derby OMDT

5 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hope we go 4-3-3 and get the ball forward quickly so as to bypass their pressing game.

Would like to see a bit of a narrow 4-3-3. 

I know the "Football Purists" that used to purrr over Barcelona esq football won't like it,but for me we need to go back to footballing basics. 

Defend resolutely and get it up quickly to Fletcher for knock downs, flick ons etc.. and have Nando & matias either side of him running past and trying to get onto them. Basic no nonsense stuff. 

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Would like to see a bit of a narrow 4-3-3. 

I know the "Football Purists" that used to purrr over Barcelona esq football won't like it,but for me we need to go back to footballing basics. 

Defend resolutely and get it up quickly to Fletcher for knock downs, flick ons etc.. and have Nando & matias either side of him running past and trying to get onto them. Basic no nonsense stuff. 

I love free flowing attacking football, but I get the same buzz from direct route one, flick it on and finish. Its football, its tactics, what's not to love?  As long as there is attacking intent and the direct stuff is thought out and not just lumped up there I couldn't give a Castlemaine XXXX.

How can anyone be annoyed that Fletcher isn't starting and that he played for his country? And that Jos had any say in the matter?

Playing for your country is the pinacle in the vast majority of footballers career. After being out the team so long ofcourse he's going to do everything he can to play as many minutes as possible and hes certainly not gonna put one of his final chances to represent just so he can start and watch us lose today. He physically can't do 3 games and i'm surprised he played as many minutes for scotland as he did. If he started him today and he got injured we'd be f*cked