Team for Derby

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

We’ve been screaming out for a big, strong, athletic, ball-playing CB. 

Now we we have one why do so many fans want him to play midfield?

Cos we’ve also been crying out for a big, strong, ball-playing midfielder.

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Think we will go.

Dawson

Lees   Hector    Pudil

Palmer  Bannan   Pelupessy  Fox 

Matias    Nuhiu    Reach 

Why Nuhiu instead of fłetcher?

11 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Thornily

Penney

Reach

Bannan

Hector

Fletcher

Mathias

FF

Get at 'em...start a system....climb the league by attacking..devil take the hindmost

Lot of viable formations & players proposed by fellow Owlstalkers, difficult to choose, but I like the above, that is, if Jos is going to deploy a 4-3-3.  With Jos, it's not so much the players, he plays the same players, for the most part, but in different positions within different formations.  

The right side seems to be where he's undecided, as are many of us here on Owlstalk.  Forwards, formal, seem to be dependent upon the chosen formation.  I'd get Borukov in as a "lone center-man" up front, we're good on the right & left up front, but not in the center.  Borukov is kind of a "tough-guy", he's not small, not slow, not stupid, and not afraid, plus, he uses his head, he wins headers.  If you're good enough, you're old enough, and I think Borukov is, and he loves the lone center-man duty. 

Anyway, in a few hours we'll see what happens.

3-1, SWFC.

It's not so much about whom you play, but rather how you play.

It's about playing football in the right areas.

We don't possess the players to play football in our defensive third, nor to play out from the back.

A man's got to know his limitations.

1-3 Derby.

Edited by Athelwulf

5 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

Why Nuhiu instead of fłetcher?

Im guessing it’s because Fletch could barely walk at 9.30pm four days ago.

I pretty certain that Jos would love Fletcher to be leading the line today. Fletch is one of our few form players, and Nuhiu is way off his best. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'd like to see us with a positive line up today.

A nice 4-3-3 so we can get a grip of that middle of the park.

With Hutchinson seemingly out of the picture it's vital we have someone in there protecting the centre halves. Especially if Mount passes hisbfitness test.

Hector could do that job and whilst that might seem something of a waste in terms that he's been our best centre half this season, IMO, if set up correctly he can drop in and make a three at the back when we're attacking and allow our full backs to push on and make it a 3-4-3 when we're attacking.

I hope that Fletcher has persuaded the gaffer that he's fit enough to start the game. Vital to have his link play to get Forestieri and Reach into the game as secondary strikers.

Harsh on Fox perhaps who I think has done ok when called upon this term. But Penney stops more crosses IMO.

Course trying to second guess Jos is just about impossible. It will end up being nothing like this one suspects. But I can but hope! 

2018-11-24 11.31.12.png