Running with the ball through the middle is what FF does best

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Started the match with a front 2 of FF and Nuhiu. Got nowhere.

18 minutes to go, Losing one-Nil, we played FF left and put a Hooper on alongaside Joao. Electric attacking football and three goals.

We did this time and time again, yet Carlos never got the message that this was the line-up we should have almost always started with. FF left and a two-man proper strike force.

Ah, those were the days.

All the good sides in the league this season are having a go. Attack and score goals. Unfortunately we’ve had two managers who didn’t grasp it. 

13 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

A mate of mine met FF while out having dinner, without any prompting FF said that he will not be selected for the team again due to being sidelined by Jos and that his manager/agent is negotiating with the club to have his contract paid up and moved out of the club..

FF also stated that he was fit to play against United and wanted to play...

My mate is a decent guy, runs a good business and to my knowledge is not in the habit of lieing.

Strange times at Hillsbrough.

This was my biggest fear

56 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

A mate of mine met FF while out having dinner, without any prompting FF said that he will not be selected for the team again due to being sidelined by Jos and that his manager/agent is negotiating with the club to have his contract paid up and moved out of the club..

My mate is a decent guy, runs a good business and to my knowledge is not in the habit of lieing.

This part is rubbish. Why would we even consider paying his contract up which would make him a free agent so he can leave for free in January. It doesn't work like that does it? If we are thinking of selling FF in Jan then having him tied to a contract is absolutely essential for us to maximise his fee. 

Edited by Bukta

4 minutes ago, Bukta said:

This part is rubbish. Why would we even consider paying his contract up which would make him a free agent so he can leave for free in January. It doesn't work like that does it? If we are thinking of selling FF in Jan then having him tied to a contract is absolutely essential for us to maximise his fee. 

I am not attempting to tell you Rubbish. When players depart its normal to have their existing contracts paid up, the club hope to collect a transfer fee, then of course there are agents fees to be paid....

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Dunno, seen both Lee and Bannan do it too, but FF is the best in my opinion 

Don't think we'll see Lee again, BB will have a go occasionally but FF is only one who is capable / willing to do it on a regular basis 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He had a fantastic attitude behind the scenes and everyone loved him. Same with Loovens.

Can never underestimate characters like that. Leaders and warriors. We have none at the moment.

Semedo wasn't good enough for the team as soon as we left league 1 though, Can't keep them on the payroll just for a good attitude ( I know you're not suggesting we should have ) 

Feel like we still have characters like that in the squad though, Pudil and Bannan etc.  Bannan for example is always first to Dawson whenever he makes a good save. Clearly seems to be taking on that sort of role.

Trouble is Semedo became some sort of mascot for a winning team full of players far better ( and more expensive ) than him.  The current senior players are faced with picking young kids up off the floor, when in fairness they're getting outplayed in games they're probably not ready for.

It's quality that's lacking for me, not attitude or professionalism. 

3 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Semedo wasn't good enough for the team as soon as we left league 1 though, Can't keep them on the payroll just for a good attitude ( I know you're not suggesting we should have ) 

Feel like we still have characters like that in the squad though, Pudil and Bannan etc.  Bannan for example is always first to Dawson whenever he makes a good save. Clearly seems to be taking on that sort of role.

Trouble is Semedo became some sort of mascot for a winning team full of players far better ( and more expensive ) than him.  The current senior players are faced with picking young kids up off the floor, when in fairness they're getting outplayed in games they're probably not ready for.

It's quality that's lacking for me, not attitude or professionalism. 

He wasn’t good enough. But I genuinely don’t think there is much between him and Joey. I guess Joey has age on his side.

I don’t think we have any leaders. Bannan is the only one. He’s the only one who doesn’t go hiding when we go a goal behind. In recent weeks every one else’s head drop and it looks like they just want the pitch to swallow them up. That’s where we lack leaders like Semedo and Loovens to pick the young lads up and get us going again. That’s how it appears to me anyway. 

Hutch and Westwood were good at giving players a rocket too when things go slack, but they’re not being played. Tom Lees has never been captain material for me.

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He wasn’t good enough. But I genuinely don’t think there is much between him and Joey. I guess Joey has age on his side.

I don’t think we have any leaders. Bannan is the only one. He’s the only one who doesn’t go hiding when we go a goal behind. In recent weeks every one else’s head drop and it looks like they just want the pitch to swallow them up. That’s where we lack leaders like Semedo and Loovens to pick the young lads up and get us going again. That’s how it appears to me anyway. 

Hutch and Westwood were good at giving players a rocket too when things go slack, but they’re not being played. Tom Lees has never been captain material for me.

Not sure what to say now, I disagreed with somebody and they didn't throw a tantrum and insult me.

This is owlstalk right? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

the bit contract paid up  and leave club bit is utter rubbish , we will want a big fee not the 15 million we were seling him to Fulham for 15 months ago but still be 8-10 million . if he aint involved either from the start or off bench Saturday then we know your m8s story is mostly on the money .if we lose and forestieri aint involved I hope we have a massive protest after the game. all ifs at min though. there are so many rumours a lot are false but some are true its creating a very nasty environment down at swfc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Started the match with a front 2 of FF and Nuhiu. Got nowhere.

18 minutes to go, Losing one-Nil, we played FF left and put a Hooper on alongaside Joao. Electric attacking football and three goals.

We did this time and time again, yet Carlos never got the message that this was the line-up we should have almost always started with. FF left and a two-man proper strike force.

Ah, those were the days.

What you really mean is we went 433

2 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

If there is any truth at all in this, then it's a disgusting and shoddy way to run a club.

Jos also deserves every ounce of criticism he is receiving.

Dark days.

49 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

the bit contract paid up  and leave club bit is utter rubbish , we will want a big fee not the 15 million we were seling him to Fulham for 15 months ago but still be 8-10 million . if he aint involved either from the start or off bench Saturday then we know your m8s story is mostly on the money .if we lose and forestieri aint involved I hope we have a massive protest after the game. all ifs at min though. there are so many rumours a lot are false but some are true its creating a very nasty environment down at swfc. 

Rather keep FF and pay Jos up and ship him out any day of the week. If the storey is true Freddie Mercury must go now.

4 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Lee, Hooper, ff, Joao all on the pitch at the same time - never see them together again will we?  :sad:

Kieran Lee was/ is my favourite in that team.

Never stood still, covering all over the pitch, tackling and intercepting  and then arriving late in the box and finishing with cool prescision.

Absolute travesty what happened to him

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Done well when he has played this season. Continues to do that will stay in the side.  let's just hope Jos can find room for both him and Forestieri.

Jos wont play both cant fit 9 defenders in if he did that