pgmetcalf

Running with the ball through the middle is what FF does best

For all that fans love to see slick interchange between players nothing ever quite excites  as much as seeing a player get the ball, spin and drive at the opposition.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

He's the only one in our squad that can do this; unfortunately I'm not sure that Jos  wants such a player

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, LittleG said:

He's the only one in our squad that can do this; unfortunately I'm not sure that Jos  wants such a player

Dunno, seen both Lee and Bannan do it too, but FF is the best in my opinion 

has he not been injured and that's the reason he is out of the side? All the talk before the lane was he might be back for that game but obviously didn't make it. Matias did and came off the bench. I think he will be back Saturday in some capacity.

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

has he not been injured and that's the reason he is out of the side? All the talk before the lane was he might be back for that game but obviously didn't make it. Matias did and came off the bench. I think he will be back Saturday in some capacity.

Was out of the side before he was injured - and rumoured to have been training fully for a full 4 weeks now.

Nando hasn't really done anything this season so far for a number of reasons.  

I really would love to see the Forestieiri we saw in his first season with us.  

Sadly I think he will be one of the first out of the door.  

• Disagree 1

Jos will account for one so called flair player in the team. Matias's has that spot to lose at the moment.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Jos will account for one so called flair player in the team. Matias's has that spot to lose at the moment.

How depressing

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

How depressing

Done well when he has played this season. Continues to do that will stay in the side.  let's just hope Jos can find room for both him and Forestieri.

Watching the video just emphasises once again that you don't appreciate what you've got until it's gone.

6 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Watching the video just emphasises once again that you don't appreciate what you've got until it's gone.

Carlos? He lost the plot. And played a big part in the absences of Hooper and Lee by knackering them out. 

The problem is since then we've lost Loovens, Wallace, Hunt, Hooper, Lee, Semedo. And we've had the opportunity to upgrade on them, but we failed miserable and signed players who weren't as good as them in a scattergun approach that has set us back years.

Looking back at that, we really had the opportunity to kick on and really do something with that side. Instead we took it backwards with horrendous signings and reluctance to sell players when they had value. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Carlos? He lost the plot. And played a big part in the absences of Hooper and Lee by knackering them out. 

The problem is since then we've lost Loovens, Wallace, Hunt, Hooper, Lee, Semedo. And we've had the opportunity to upgrade on them, but we failed miserable and signed players who weren't as good as them in a scattergun approach that has set us back years.

Looking back at that, we really had the opportunity to kick on and really do something with that side. Instead we took it backwards with horrendous signings and reluctance to sell players when they had value. 

Agree almost entirely with the post, but Semedo :laugh:

Started the match with a front 2 of FF and Nuhiu. Got nowhere.

18 minutes to go, Losing one-Nil, we played FF left and put a Hooper on alongaside Joao. Electric attacking football and three goals.

We did this time and time again, yet Carlos never got the message that this was the line-up we should have almost always started with. FF left and a two-man proper strike force.

Ah, those were the days.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

A mate of mine met FF while out having dinner, without any prompting FF said that he will not be selected for the team again due to being sidelined by Jos and that his manager/agent is negotiating with the club to have his contract paid up and moved out of the club..

FF also stated that he was fit to play against United and wanted to play...

My mate is a decent guy, runs a good business and to my knowledge is not in the habit of lieing.

Strange times at Hillsbrough.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3