Running with the ball through the middle is what FF does best

43 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If there is any truth at all in this, then it's a disgusting and shoddy way to run a club.

Jos also deserves every ounce of criticism he is receiving.

Dark days.

Yep, it does feel desperately depressing all round. We need a result Saturday which won't be easy. IMO Jos needs to go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

If there is any truth at all in this, then it's a disgusting and shoddy way to run a club.

Dark days.

I know chansiri is a total clown in charge of my football club ,but even he aint that daft that he would be negotiating for forestieri to leave for nowt and us pay his wages up ,that's just a big wind up or someone whats had a bottle or 2 of something pretty strong.  but there are so many rumours circulating at the min we don't know whats true or not ,but  all the gloom would go overnight if jos went and chansiri sold up to someone what treats the support much better and knows how to run a football club better(not difficult that one) 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I know chansiri is a total clown in charge of my football club ,but even he aint that daft that he would be negotiating for forestieri to leave for nowt and us pay his wages up ,that's just a big wind up or someone whats had a bottle or 2 of something pretty strong.  but there are so many rumours circulating at the min we don't know whats true or not ,but  all the gloom would go overnight if jos went and chansiri sold up to someone what treats the support much better and knows how to run a football club better(not difficult that one) 

You'd really hope so wouldn't you.

Too much smoke this season though, for there not to be any fire.

• Haha 1

Our second goal in these highlights is exactly what we were brilliant at 2-3 years ago and almost never see now. Absolutely swarming the box in attack - you never knew who the next goal was coming from ‘cos we’d have four or five in the box on every attack, anyone from Pudil to Wallace to Lee might pop up and nick one.

Now nobody starting deeper than Reach ever seems to drift in closer than about 40 yards out. Never more than one or two players in genuine danger zones. Miserable way to play IMO.

Edited by Mr. Tom

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Started the match with a front 2 of FF and Nuhiu. Got nowhere.

18 minutes to go, Losing one-Nil, we played FF left and put a Hooper on alongaside Joao. Electric attacking football and three goals.

We did this time and time again, yet Carlos never got the message that this was the line-up we should have almost always started with. FF left and a two-man proper strike force.

Ah, those were the days.

I think the key point in all that is the losing one nil bit. We have gone from Mr Cautious to Mr Cautious

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Jos is a total clown. All managers have arguments with players, it’s natural. Under no circumstances, however, do you freeze them out like he has done. Cutting his nose off to spite his  face will only come back to haunt him. My worry is that it will be too late and the damage will already be irreversible.

22 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Jos is a total clown. All managers have arguments with players, it’s natural. Under no circumstances, however, do you freeze them out like he has done. Cutting his nose off to spite his  face will only come back to haunt him. My worry is that it will be too late and the damage will already be irreversible.

Jos does as he's told, even to the degree of misleading press releases taking responsibility.

In my opinion.

12 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

A mate of mine met FF while out having dinner, without any prompting FF said that he will not be selected for the team again due to being sidelined by Jos and that his manager/agent is negotiating with the club to have his contract paid up and moved out of the club..

FF also stated that he was fit to play against United and wanted to play...

My mate is a decent guy, runs a good business and to my knowledge is not in the habit of lieing.

Strange times at Hillsbrough.

Your mate runs a good business eh, well it must be fu.cking true! 

F.uck me sideways.

10 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Dark days.

Agree with what you say.

However it’s a very big IF.

The problem we have at the moment is there are so many rumours coming from the club. Each one seemingly more outlandish than the last. Thing is, no matter how silly some sound, when you take the facts into consideration it’s clear there are lots of problems at the club. It gives a tad of validity to the rumours. 

Not all the rumours are going to be bullsh*t and I find that quite worrying. I’d never expect a breakdown of what’s going on, especially with each individual player, but I’d like to bloody know at the moment.  

With regards to the gent who said Fernando’s agent is negotiating his pay off.

I could be wrong, but does he mean his loyalty bonus? I thought, mainly based on football manger lol that you sell a player for a fee, wages are paid buy the club signing the player. A small % may still be paid by the previous club if the buying club can’t afford or the selling club is desperate to get rid. Then they have a loyalty which is paid throughout the contract. Like a signing on fee but paid for the duration. If sold before the contract is up aren’t they entitled for this to be paid up or a % of this bonus.

I’m happy to be corrected and it’s a bit of speculation on my part. Just playing devils advocate as to why the poster said his agent might be in negotiations as to a pay off from the club.

Everything he has been told could just be a load of bol*ocks or exaggerated by his friend in fairness. 

13 hours ago, Bukta said:

This part is rubbish. Why would we even consider paying his contract up which would make him a free agent so he can leave for free in January. It doesn't work like that does it? If we are thinking of selling FF in Jan then having him tied to a contract is absolutely essential for us to maximise his fee. 

I’ve heard the same and I’m not one to make stories up. Never have posted anything like that on here in all my years posting.

If we do sell him for a fee there would still be parts of his contract to negotiate and payments to be made. There are sometimes clauses in there that payments are made to players if it is the clubs choice to sell rather than the player requesting to leave. It light be that this is been done now so that a transfer can be made in jan.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

Numerous examples in one match. Unstoppable 

Our others midfielders and forwards have to show the same responsibility too.

You can be a good passing team, but there comes a points where you're going to have to take a defender on. It seems quite common at the other end of the field. Opposition forwards are really happy to take on our defenders.