Fletcher

13 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He is looking faster and fitter than anytime since he arrived.

But he still can't hit my gran's mobility scooter with a nerf gun. He cost us promotion last season as I genuinely believe had we won away at Cardiff before the Blades game we would have gone on a massive run.

Instead he rounded the keeper and spooned it.

Fletcher, missed centre of the box to left side of goal.

BBC text writer has an RSI from writing that, believe 

Typical of our luck though.  We finally get one of our long term injured senior pros back who is being selected by Jos; and just as he strarts to get his match fitness and form back he gets an international call up, plays two games in a week which, puts a question mark over whether he can play for us on Saturday.

Edited by York_Owl

16 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Madness to start Fletcher Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday. 

And we have games the following Tuesday and Saturday. 

Big dilemma for Jos, whether you want to admit it or not. Fletcher has to be well managed, and I think Jos does it well.

The point is he’s been able to do Saturday-Tuesday with Scotland so why not us? 

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

Typical of our luck though.  We finally get one of our long term injured senior pros back who is being selected by Jos; and just as he strarts to get his match fitness and form back he gets an international call up, plays two games in a week which, puts a question mark over whether he can play for us on Saturday.

Why ?

3 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Playing three games in a week might be deemed as one too many for a senior pro not long back from a serious long term injury.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

If that's the case and worry, then don't release him for international duty and yes I know it would be hard for him to take but we're paying his wages.

He's either fit or not.

Bet if he was asked if he wants to start on Saturday I know what the answer would be.

4 hours ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

If that's the case and worry, then don't release him for international duty and yes I know it would be hard for him to take but we're paying his wages.

He's either fit or not.

Bet if he was asked if he wants to start on Saturday I know what the answer would be.

Trouble is if he plays on Saturday and comes off with a non tackle related injury there will be a massive meltdown on here.