Fletcher

6 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

I too thought he did really well and his flick ons to the WIDE players a feature of the game. Will watch with great interest at the weekend to see if the likes of Patterson, Fraser and Robertson are rested because their club coaches think playing two matches in four days has taken too much out of them. We could all be surprised though and Fletch could start on Saturday. I won't hold my breath.

Have any of them recently had a long pat off due to a serious knee injury that they were carrying months before their absence? 

37 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

I too thought he did really well and his flick ons to the WIDE players a feature of the game. Will watch with great interest at the weekend to see if the likes of Patterson, Fraser and Robertson are rested because their club coaches think playing two matches in four days has taken too much out of them. We could all be surprised though and Fletch could start on Saturday. I won't hold my breath.

What do those three 24 year olds have in common that makes their managers play them, when our manager refuses to play 31 year old Fletcher on Saturday?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Rogers said:

If Jos manages injuries so well, then Fletcher should be ok to play.  There's no point in saying how important is he is and then suggest not playing him in case he gets injured.

Sorry that sounds a bit illogical. 

Are you saying that Jos managing injuries well would lead him to play Fletcher?

Surely not playing Fletcher could be seen as managing injuries well?

4 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

Sorry that sounds a bit illogical. 

Are you saying that Jos managing injuries well would lead him to play Fletcher?

Surely not playing Fletcher could be seen as managing injuries well?

Surely not playing him (he’s not on pitch) is illogical for a football team, if he’s an important player.  

Or shall we rest all of our good players, and just lose every week. 

Gone are the days when players could play Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday and still perform hey! 

Nilsson played I the FA cup final that went to extra time (Saturday) then for Sweden in a World Cup qualifier (Wednesday), then got a jet back to play the FA cup final replay (Thursday) and played more extra time!!  

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-when-the-batteries-start-to-go-flat-are-footballers-justified-in-complaining-of-feeling-2324616.html%3famp

• Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria
6 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

Why do we want to start someone that's just been involved in games Saturday/Tuesday before? 

Cause it's his job?

Just saying like.

I'd be asking Fletcher the question if I was jos, can you give us an hour on Saturday, see if we can build the platform and then give you a rest. You don't always have to drop or rotate someone out of the team/sqaud to give them a bit of a rest during the campaign. 

Give him the first half of games, then change things up at half time maybe, it's not like the old days when you only had one sub and need to save it in case of an injury. That way 45 mins or an hour rest regularly would help team cohesion too if your often starting the same line up. 

jos seems to be getting the blame for leaving players out because the medical boffins say they some of them arnt fit enough to play 3 games a week and if they do they are at risk of picking injuries ...carlos got blamed for ignoring this advice and then got stick for the players picking up injuries …….it's sad fact that as players advance into the later stages of there careers that some become a bit of a liability on the injury front which is probably one of the reasons that jos is trying desperately to build a younger squad which isn't easy to do when you cant buy players . 

6 hours ago, Rogers said:

Surely not playing him (he’s not on pitch) is illogical for a football team, if he’s an important player.  

Or shall we rest all of our good players, and just lose every week. 

Gone are the days when players could play Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday and still perform hey! 

Nilsson played I the FA cup final that went to extra time (Saturday) then for Sweden in a World Cup qualifier (Wednesday), then got a jet back to play the FA cup final replay (Thursday) and played more extra time!!  

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-when-the-batteries-start-to-go-flat-are-footballers-justified-in-complaining-of-feeling-2324616.html%3famp

Then he hit a brick wall in extra time legs totally went