10 men for the good of the game?

The thing that puts me off football more than anything else, is referees

95% of the time we come away from matches taking about referees and linesman, and that can't be right

Tackling which is an art form in itself, has been all but banned

Too many players fall over at the slightest touch

To be honest, I fell out of love with football a long time ago

Parachute payments have made it almost impossible for clubs without parachute payments to compete

Clubs go into administration, wipe out their debts, then start spending immediately, like Southampton did when they bought Rickie Lambert for £1 million a week after coming out of admin

I watch Wednesday with low expectations, but it's mainly through habit, if it wasn't for my love of the club I wouldn't watch football at all

It's sickening to watch players feigning injury, going down quicker than a cheap hooker, and referees? Don't get me started on referees.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU
  • Like 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

35 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think game would be more interesting if players did not go down all the time and fake and exaggerate injuries and contact.

Think this has spoiled many games for me. Really miss the old blood and thunder games.

Now find many game more tactical and find it a bit dull. 

This, the "buy the foul" by feeling contact and falling/exaggerating is a curse, stops the flow.  Another annoyance of the modern game is the acceptance of the "professional foul".  Again its just cheating with a fancy name.  Kammy on TV suggested red cards for the deliberate foul preventing an attack, I agree with him. 

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

95% of the time we come away from matches taking about referees and linesman

Tackling is which is an art form in itself, has been all but banned

Parachute payments have made it almost impossible for clubs without parachute payments to compete

Clubs go into administration, wipe out their debts, then start spending immediately, like Southampton did when they bought Rickie Lambert for £1 million a week after coming out of admin

I watch Wednesday with low expectations, but it's mainly through habit, if it wasn't for my love of the club I wouldn't watch football at all

It's sickening to watch players feigning injury, going down quicker than a cheap hooker, and referees? Don't get me started on referees.

Bloody hell Hoots , have an aspirin quick!

16 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

95% of the time we come away from matches taking about referees and linesman, and that can't be right

Great post. Agree with every word... Apart from, I'm not sure that Ricky Lambert was on as much as David Jones is.

lol

• Haha 2

What would we be able to argue about if the officials got everything right, if there were no diving and the players acted as total gentlemen? VAR is on it’s way, which should mean that a foul inside the box is a penalty, but then again the ref has the final say, and many don’t agree with the blatantly obvious. As for the off side rule, I was watching a match where a player took a long throw to his mate in the opposition box, he would have been way off side if it had been a pass, he then heads it back to a player who is on side, who shoots and it deflects into the net off the guy who passed it to him, it’s hard enough for someone watching on TV, who can keep replaying and freezing, help !!! We’ve suffered the keepers three step rule, that thankfully is no more, however the back pass rule is open to interpretation, taking a shirt off after scoring can actually get a player sent off, whist a career ending tackle is often ignored.

For the love of the game. :goalie:

10 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Was it Porto? Das Antas has an excavated lower level.

Tower of Babel.

Home ground of the Babylons.

They built it when they got promoted into the Heaven Premiership.

No parachute payments when they got relegated.

They did get free parachutes though.

source.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think game would be more interesting if players did not go down all the time and fake and exaggerate injuries and contact.

Think this has spoiled many games for me. Really miss the old blood and thunder games.

This, in bucket loads.

53 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL OF THIS.

If I was a youngster today, I think I would lean more towards Rugby league/Union than Football.

Edited by adelphi1867

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

This, forever refusing to take the first opportunity to cross when the strikers are charging into the box and the defenders are back peddling towards their own goal. Cut back, pass it around a bit, then cross when all are stood still like statues in the box, easy for the keeper, easier for defenders than attackers.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Different pace of life isn't it in cricket though.

I think it's coming though and we have to get used to it. 

I'm all for it if it puts and end to diving and they use it as a tool for dishing out retrospective bans for cheating feckers.

Depends on the form it comes in.

If like in cricket said captain gets 2 VAR Reviews per game and should his review be correct he keeps in and should it not then he doesn't then it could be beneficial. However, if the whole world cup extra half hour on games debacle comes in its gonna be shiiiizer !!!!!!

But diving being forced out and tackling being brought back in would be a positive move.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Quality Post

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Depends on the form it comes in.

If like in cricket said captain gets 2 VAR Reviews per game and should his review be correct he keeps in and should it not then he doesn't then it could be beneficial. However, if the whole world cup extra half hour on games debacle comes in its gonna be shiiiizer !!!!!!

It'll give blue stratos in front of me an extra half an hour drinking in the back of the stand though!:laugh: