Should we agree to sign up with Sky's new deal?

Based on the last week the 72 clubs should breakaway to form the UK Counties league (work shopping ongoing in own head). 24 groups of 3 teams who face off to get promotion to a higher level and a play off to potentially gain entrance to the play-offs (confused?). The top group winners face off in a super bowl style face off for the championship. 4 games a season. Job done. All money distributed evenly regardless of who wins. Each team must field 12 players from local academies, each game will have 5 VARS and no actual ref and for the last 10 minutes all rules are off like a purge. Ok i got carried away but i would support a breakaway league. Sod Sky. Sod the PL. Happy playing at this level, it shouldn't be boom or bust to just go get hammered by city for 3 years before relegation again.

We’re stuck with Sky, it seemed a good idea when we were doing well, however greed perpetuated it’s hold on the game, Gordon Gekko’s “greed is good” speech is as relevant today as it was then. My prediction, for what it’s worth, is that we will end up with Premier League 1, 2,3 & 4, comprised of the Premiership and Championship leagues. Good young UK players, like George Hirst, are plying their trade in other EU leagues, and the indication is that this is just the tip of the iceberg, whilst U.K. clubs like the Owls are signing second rate players from abroad. Many clubs will go boobies up and the survivors will go semi pro, it inevitable, sad that it is.

Ever the optimist I just hope that the Owls will form a top academy with the best fitness and medical staff and stop buying unknown players from little known clubs and paying them a king’s ransom, however I won’t hold my breath.

16 hours ago, Neal M said:

When the fizz were we ever genuinely part of talks for a Euro Super League?

We may have had a great side in the early 90’s, but we’ve never had the elite levels of support of a Man Utd, Arsenal or Liverpool; or even the support of a Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Everton, Villa, Leeds, or Sunderland.

You’d need to have at least 10 English sides guaranteed to be part of a European Super League for us to even be considered.

To be fair one of my earliest football memories was reading in shoot annual or some such the notion that the big 5 (Man U, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Spurs) could be in a European league, and we were suggested as next in line. 

6 hours ago, Neal M said:

Well, we went with self interest in 1992.

Got a decent 8 years from it. Then 18+ years of being in the poo.

Very true.... part of me worries that we would fall foul of this again.

Another, nobler (although well buried) part of me doesn’t want to hammer nails in the coffin of smaller clubs in doing so.

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Very true.... part of me worries that we would fall foul of this again.

Another, nobler (although well buried) part of me doesn’t want to hammer nails in the coffin of smaller clubs in doing so.

Devil take the hindmost..isn't it?

Wednesday  will be on board, if push comes to promotion.

We will all be happy enough if that happens, cos we care as much about Morecambe as Man Utd do about us.

Thats the problem with it all.

Pick a Saturday and every true football fan should turn the TV off....Don't go to your own clubs game...Just one Saturday...It would change the f.ookin' lot...

Leave Jeff stelling yelling at nobody....half empty stadia...Don';t phone in  to the phone ins...Let a weekend go by...and we would be well on the road to getting football back.

The sheer tribalism of English football is its own worst enemy, it makes for great atmospheres at times, but is self defeating.

Football is ripping the p *ss outta football supporters....but we are so wound up in our own parochial little bubbles, we let it.

I'm as much at fault as anyone else..but I won't watch us on the red button, I hardly watch Super sunday...I keep SKY simply cos of the cricket...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Devil take the hindmost..isn't it?

Wednesday  will be on board, if push comes to promotion.

We will all be happy enough if that happens, cos we care as much about Morecambe as Man Utd do about us.

Thats the problem with it all.

Pick a Saturday and every true football fan should turn the TV off....Don't go to your own clubs game...Just one Saturday...It would change the f.ookin' lot...

Leave Jeff stelling yelling at nobody....half empty stadia...Don';t phone in  to the phone ins...Let a weekend go by...and we would be well on the road to getting football back.

The sheer tribalism of English football is its own worst enemy, it makes for great atmospheres at times, but is self defeating.

Football is ripping the p *ss outta football supporters....but we are so wound up in our own parochial little bubbles, we let it.

I'm as much at fault as anyone else..but I won't watch us on the red button, I hardly watch Super sunday...I keep SKY simply cos of the cricket...

This a million times over. 

You see the way its going with SKY creating "Artificial" atmospheres at football grounds...It backfired at the Steel City derby, but its their way forward....

How long before they pixillate fans in seats....?

We are peripheral to the whole f.ookfest at the minute.....Prem clubs would still make a profit if no f.ooker turned up to watch!..How ridiculous is that...?

May as well simply use animation for the sodding game....5-4 EVERY week..Bart simpson slips it past Scooby doo for his hat trick...

Its broken..

We could fix it, but we are too comfortable with it, 

Might be a way forward for Wednesday though...

Best animation 11?...get yer votes in now...Its the future..

I go 

Superman in the net....Flash on the wing.....

28 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

To be fair one of my earliest football memories was reading in shoot annual or some such the notion that the big 5 (Man U, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Spurs) could be in a European league, and we were suggested as next in line. 

I was once given a football year book, think it was 1968, where they talked about a European League where Sheffield would play Glasgow. That cities like Sheffield would struggle to retain 2 clubs, talk about the death of the game, thoughts of how football would survive, declining attendances, negative football. 

This was 2 years after we had won the World Cup

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

You see the way its going with SKY creating "Artificial" atmospheres at football grounds...It backfired at the Steel City derby, but its their way forward....

We are peripheral to the whole f.ookfest at the minute.....Prem clubs would still make a profit if no f.ooker turned up to watch!..How ridiculous is that...?

May as well simply use animation for the sodding game....5-4 EVERY week..Bart simpson slips it past Scooby doo for his hat trick...

Its broken..

I go 

The fact is we have e sports on TV now. I just sit and tut loudly 

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its broken..

I go 

There are other brands :ph34r:

153_clean-n-brite-logo-flash-4gif.gif

• Haha 3