Should we agree to sign up with Sky's new deal?

The English Football League has agreed a controversial new television rights deal with Sky Sports, worth £595m.

The deal, which runs from the start of next season until May 2024, is a 35% increase on the previous contract.

But a number of the Championship's larger clubs feel it undervalues how much the rights are worth and will meet on Tuesday to discuss their next move.

Taking into account DC's action with Radio Sheffield, do you think he'll be in favour or should we reject the offer along with clubs such as Villa, Leeds and Derby.

I'm for rejecting the offer. We can get a better deal. Or am I getting mixed up with the Brexit thingy?

Edited by wilfsmith
miss
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

The English Football League has agreed a controversial new television rights deal with Sky Sports, worth £595m.

The deal, which runs from the start of next season until May 2024, is a 35% increase on the previous contract.

But a number of the Championship's larger clubs feel it undervalues how much the rights are worth and will meet on Tuesday to discuss their next move.

Taking into account DC's action with Radio Sheffield, do you think he'll be in favour or should we reject the offer along with clubs such as Villa, Leeds and Derby.

I'm for rejecting the offer. We can get a better deal. Or am I getting mixed up with the Brexit thingy?

Doesn't apply to us Wilf...

We won't be in the EFL next season ...

lol

• Haha 4

So a 6 year deal worth £100m a year to share between every club. Is it 72 football league clubs? I know it’s not shared equally, but still just a few million a season for us.

Where as the premier league gives £100m per team per season. 

If possible, how’s about a massive f*ck off. Distribute the money more fairly and I mean all the way down the leagues. Doesn’t have to be a huge shift. Just not one that bends over and shafts everyone else who hasn’t been the the premier league for the past 5 years.

6DFEB389-E534-4885-B1F9-30BB240B86D0.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Will that mean the EFL cant touch us for breaching FFP ? lol

Yes, exactly that.

I'd imagine the big 15 will be looking at that £595m and thinking it would be much better shared out by them than the other 57 clubs having dibs on it too

Guest everydays_wednesday

I remember when we were one of the original clubs discussing a European league never mind this lot now !!!

Now we are not even mentioned in the same breath as Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford, Huddersfield and Cardiff.....tragic :-(

53 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

Brexit means Brexit, what ever that maybe

:tango: