6 hours ago, sage owl said:

Mark Smith's dad and brother still have season tickets just in front of us in the north stand. 

There is a photo of him celebrating a goal in front of his family who were in the North Stand. I think he had just scored a cracking long range effort into the Kop goal.

6 hours ago, Colin Dobson said:

For the first time  in 10 years all the players mentioned in that side were heroes even if it was Division 3. JC did such a great job when recruiting although I know some originally came to the club under Len "the Unlucky" Ashurst's tenure.

Spot on. When Big Jack took the helm in 1977, we were in or around the bottom four and flirting with relegation. The turnaround in those two seasons was one of the best times to be a Wednesdayite. All the squad certainly worked hard and deservedly won the fans over. 

Ha i think i was slightly worse for wear but yes 79 was amazing n it was 80s wen i had kids n now they love wednesday n looking back now a win against wycombe wen we pipped piggies to the post was that good even the wycombe fans were celebrating with us lol

• Like 1

Jeff Johnson...... remember his scoring away at Reading .. Elm Park then... won 1-0... first away win for months ....invaded pitch at end ..... magical days !!!!.... that’s where today’s fifty year olds got there deep ingrained loyalties from !!!!....now it’s £40 a match to watch so called better players..... no chance !!

6 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Jeff Johnson...... remember his scoring away at Reading .. Elm Park then... won 1-0... first away win for months ....invaded pitch at end ..... magical days !!!!.... that’s where today’s fifty year olds got there deep ingrained loyalties from !!!!....now it’s £40 a match to watch so called better players..... no chance !!

Who are you kidding? If you're only 50 now you'd have been 8 or 9 at the time of that game! lol

10 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Was at that game. Think it was a night match. Brilliant atmosphere on the covered side terrace.

On 19/11/2018 at 19:10, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Rifled one in away at Swindon. Long day on the coach, never seen so many roundabouts in one place.

Im sure it was Ticker Taylor who nicked it late doors after another surging run from TC.

I remember that...................we actually featured on MOTD when they only used to show two matches , imagine that now, a league 1 game getting preference over 10 premier league games.

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 00:26, legendaryswan said:

TC is the obvious choice,but two home grown kids Ticker Taylor and Mark Smith were superb for us that season,Smith in particular,he grew in stature as the club progressed so did he,solid and dependable,bloody good CB

Agree with that.  Was disappointed when Mark Smith left.  Anyone know why he left?

5 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

I remember that...................we actually featured on MOTD when they only used to show two matches , imagine that now, a league 1 game getting preference over 10 premier league games.

Aye, but fancy travelling all that way, to find your on TV anyway. Didn't really matter to a 12 year old but I couldn't work out how my dad thought we were going to be on telly before we set off.