L***s Fans Want Westwood In January

1 hour ago, Maxine said:

Our number one keeper should have come back from injury and been able to prove himself but we are in a financial state so it wasn't possible.  I agree Dawson is our long term keeper. I'm talking about this season. 

That's what training is for.

Any slot in the first team belongs to the player in possession of the shirt. Anyone who wants to replace them has to prove themselves first in training then in reserve matches. No one should have an automatic right to walk back into the first team regardless of who they are, yet that seems to be what you and others on here are saying. If so that is complete madness, none of the great managers would ever operate that way, not Busby, Shankley, Revie, Clough, Paisley, Dalglish, Ferguson etc, etc.

7 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

That's what training is for.

Any slot in the first team belongs to the player in possession of the shirt. Anyone who wants to replace them has to prove themselves first in training then in reserve matches. No one should have an automatic right to walk back into the first team regardless of who they are, yet that seems to be what you and others on here are saying. If so that is complete madness, none of the great managers would ever operate that way, not Busby, Shankley, Revie, Clough, Paisley, Dalglish, Ferguson etc, etc.

Westwood is better than Dawson.

He's also more experienced.

When a team has a bob defence, as we do, it needs its best/most experienced keeper between the sticks.

Only Jostle would leave such a keeper out....and attempt to play total football in the defence too.

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

No he hasn't, you are completely out of the loop.

Okay then when was his last first team appearance for us in a competitive match?

According to the website it was 9th December last season away at Norwich.

As I am completely out of the loop go ahead and educate me!

49 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You are clearly not a fan of Westwood so pointless harping on about him with you , 18 months since he was what ? 18 months ? Where you got that from he looked  sharp at Lincoln to me pre season.  people dissing him when he has been absolute quality for us and for me it’s bang out of order how’s he been treated 

Everyone says he wasn't very good last season. He was out of form and injured which may well have contributed to the loss of form. 18 months goes back to the end of the 2016/17 season which is when he was last showing really good form for us. Yes he has been quality for us, but that was then and this is now.

Dawson has the shirt and it's his to lose.

On top of that Westwood has this contract issue hanging over the clubs head, so let's say we bring him back in and it triggers a two year extension on a higher wage. That's going to play really well with the EFL when discussing our FFP situation isn't it?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Westwood is better than Dawson..............................is he? After such a long lay off?

He's also more experienced....................Pressman is more experienced than Westwood, it has nothing to do with the situation provided Dawson plays well enough

When a team has a bob defence, as we do, it needs its best/most experienced keeper between the sticks................ Jos thinks Dawson is best and sees them both everyday

Only Jostle would leave such a keeper out....and attempt to play total football in the defence too.................... That's a matter of opinion not fact. Think how Clough, Fergie any of the great managers would handle it. With them reputations count for nothing and everything you state is based purely on Westwood's previous, not on the current situation.

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He does the same with mine, there are many words I'd use to describe our Ash, pathetic is very mild in comparison.

Weird little creature.

No, you just talk b*llocks that's be why you get them, don't recall visiting your profile for that reason ever. I'll put you on the list though now with KS

2 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Maybe the 76 in his username is his IQ? 

:ghoulguy:

You originally got a few in response to you doing same. I found your abusive PM\s funny and knew it bothered you so you'll continue to get them going forward. I've had fun with a few people with them since including someone I work with and one other who is a decent poster. 

On the whole people on here are so precious over the rating system, it means nothing. I give bits out but i can take it back so crack on, there's someone else that'd appreciate it after doing every single one of my posts .

Edited by Ash76

4 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

No, you just talk b*llocks that's be why you get them, don't recall visiting your profile for that reason ever. I'll put you on the list though now with KS

You originally got a few in response to you doing same. I found your abusive PM\s funny and knew it bothered you so you'll continue to get them going forward. I've had fun with a few people with them since including someone I work with and one other who is a decent poster. 

On the whole people on here are so precious over the rating system, it means nothing. I give bits out but i can take it back so crack on, there's someone else that'd appreciate it after doing every single one of my posts .

The fact you have a list says everything about you.  Sad little muppet. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

He's been out for a year with injury

No, no he hasn't, he played in pre season, which was 4 months ago.

Jos said he was injured, Westwood said he wasn't.

Jos (the manager) said himself that Westwood is available for selection, but he's third choice behind Dawson and Wildsmith.

That decision alone is sackable.

• Like 1

Westwood for me has been one of the best keepers I have seen at Wednesday in his first season maybe the best and was excellent the following two. It’s a crying shame things have ended up the way they have but it would be in everyone’s interest for him to move on in January but please not Leeds 

4 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

SO you have inside knowledge then that says he is performing much better than Dawson ingraining and should be in the team do you? 

I dont honestly think it would matter what goes on in trading. The die is cast, unless keepers one and two are struck by bubonic plague, and we haven't got a goalie jersey to fit Nuhiu, KW has played his last game for us. Same as Hutchinson. Etc.

2 hours ago, Dot said:

to be fair...any club in the Championship would want Westwood

apart from us apparently 

If it weren't for the fact that we've painted ourselves into a corner financially (thanks DC), we might still want him too.

For me it's not about how good Westwood is, we all know on his day he was/is as good as anyone at this level. It's about the financial impact of him staying. Whatever happens we have to ensure that we don't get umbongo'd again next season because that could be catastrophic.

6 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Fair points, but in Westwood's particular case his omission has nothing whatsoever to do with how good a keeper he is, form, reputation, contracts, finance etc.

I have it from the interior of the club that his absence is due to a complete breakdown in his relationship with Jos.

Jos thought that Westwood was going, so prematurely made his promises to the young keepers.

Westwood didn't go, and so expected to be reinstated in goal.

But Jos was unwilling to go back on the promises that he'd prematurely made, hence the falling out.

It's a McGugan sort of scenario, and you or I have probably a better chance of playing than Westwood.