L***s Fans Want Westwood In January

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Why? He has to prove he can still do it. He's been out injured for a year, his form before that was poor and apparently (according to some on here) if he plays a couple more games for us we trigger a two year extension on his huge wages which we can clearly no longer afford.

From a common sense point of view everything says thanks for the service but we have to let you go.

Everything except the manager who rolls out the same tired excuses, he is injured or he is 3rd choice.

Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see Westwood released for a derisory amount, somewhere in the region of £500K.

The saddest part is how familiar we have become to seeing our squad weakened, while our rivals strengthen and the club gets left further behind.

Meanwhile we pay Premier League prices for a Championship relegation scrap.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Talking in general-this self imposed exclusion of a good proportion of the paid talent at the club is bizarre.

Not if taken in the context of FFP and possible contract extensions it isn't. On that basis it makes perfect sense. We've overspent and have to get a tight hold on the budget and like it or not that means a major clear out asap.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Everything except the manager who rolls out the same tired excuses, he is injured or he is 3rd choice.

SO you have inside knowledge then that says he is performing much better than Dawson ingraining and should be in the team do you? 

1 minute ago, The Captain said:

Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see Westwood released for a derisory amount, somewhere in the region of £500K.

The saddest part is how familiar we have become to seeing our squad weakened, while our rivals strengthen and the club gets left further behind.

Meanwhile we pay Premier League prices for a Championship relegation scrap.

Hahaha, who is going to spend 500k in January on an ageing injury prone keeper that they'd could pick up for free in the summer? 

We won't get a penny, should be happy to save the money on his wages

14 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

I don't blame them. He's the best keeper in the league and we are too stupid or stubborn to play him

Dont know why people keep saying he best in league when he nowhere near

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Why? He has to prove he can still do it. He's been out injured for a year, his form before that was poor and apparently (according to some on here) if he plays a couple more games for us we trigger a two year extension on his huge wages which we can clearly no longer afford.

From a common sense point of view everything says thanks for the service but we have to let you go.

Do you mean why would I be anoyed and gutted.  If so because he should be playing here it would be a right shame but I would wish him well and wouldn't blame him.  I'm sure he would easily prove he still can still do it. 

15 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Based on last season it could be argued that he is now injury prone and error prone. Based on the two seasons before that you might have a case.

You are on another planet kid, the season finishes in May, the next pre season starts in July, how do you go from one of the best Keepers in the division to 3rd choice behind 2 kids in 1 month.

He might pick up little injuries like most senior players but lets not pretend he isn't f'kin quality.

Westwood would be the signing of the season for any Championship club.

Jos is a pr1k.

Edited by Sgt Wednesday

1 minute ago, Maxine said:

Do you mean why would I be anoyed and gutted.  If so because he should be playing here it would be a right shame but I would wish him well and wouldn't blame him.  I'm sure he would easily prove he still can still do it. 

Look we know that he was a very good keeper, we don't know if he still is. We do know that Dawson is a more than capable replacement.

We also know that financially we are up the proverbial creek. The only way we can rebuild for the future is to move as many of the high earners as is sensible and possible out as soon as we can so that we can rebuild from a mixture of our own youth, exciting young prospects from elsewhere and loans.

On that basis Westwood (and others) leaving not only makes sense but is essential to our immediate prospects of being able to start signing so we can compete again.

• Like 1

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

You haven't seen him play down to the managers decision, how do you know?

Players do recover from injuries, fact.

Not saying they dont .even if fit and playing he still not best keeper in league

5 minutes ago, Maxine said:

He is only not doing now because our clueless owner has fecking financial done us and we are paying the price, if he didn't have the contract trigger in his contract he would be number one and the fans would be living him, sadly some seem to be like performing seals and clap the utter ridiculousness we find ourselves in.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

You haven't seen him play down to the managers decision, how do you know?

Players do recover from injuries, fact.

I seen enough of westwood last season to know he not the best keeper fact

3 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

You are on another planet kid, the season finishes in May, the next pre season starts in July, how do you go from one of the best Keepers in the division to 3rd choice behind 2 kids in 1 month.

He might pick up little injuries like most senior players but lets not pretend he isn't f'kin quality.

Westwood would be the signing of the season for any Championship club.

Jos is a pr1k.

If I'm on another planet, you must be from a different universe!

You've ignored the fact that Westwood has been out for a year injured and prior to that his form was poor. It's 18 months since he was last putting in decent first team performances. However, thanks for calling me a kid, at almost 60 years old and having followed us since 1966 it's rather refreshing to be considered a "kid"! lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Look we know that he was a very good keeper, we don't know if he still is. We do know that Dawson is a more than capable replacement.

We also know that financially we are up the proverbial creek. The only way we can rebuild for the future is to move as many of the high earners as is sensible and possible out as soon as we can so that we can rebuild from a mixture of our own youth, exciting young prospects from elsewhere and loans.

On that basis Westwood (and others) leaving not only makes sense but is essential to our immediate prospects of being able to start signing so we can compete again.

I just can't agree with Jos's decision regarding Westwood I'm afraid, I agree ship some out but he should have played this season for us.  

Just now, Maxine said:

I just can't agree with Jos's decision regarding Westwood I'm afraid, I agree ship some out but he should have played this season for us.  

Why should he have played for us? You're not privy to seeing him in training and being able to compare on a daily basis with Dawson but Jos is.

Stop basing who should be playing on what they were doing for us 18months or more ago, otherwise we'd still be playing Pressman, Walker, Waddle, Sheridan et al!

The past is gone and it can't be resurrected no matter how much we want it.

Westwood is probably gutted that he never made it to Man City...

https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/22/signing-sheffield-wednesdays-keiren-westwood-as-claudio-bravo-co/

Nando will probably be relieved he now won't be going to Forest!

https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/16/tt-january-deal-for-sheffield-wednesdays-forestieri-would-seriou/

HITC.....

nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif

Edited by Anus
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Why should he have played for us? You're not privy to seeing him in training and being able to compare on a daily basis with Dawson but Jos is.

Stop basing who should be playing on what they were doing for us 18months or more ago, otherwise we'd still be playing Pressman, Walker, Waddle, Sheridan et al!

The past is gone and it can't be resurrected no matter how much we want it.

I don't really think the decision not to play him was based on what was seen in training do you?

2 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I don't really think the decision not to play him was based on what was seen in training do you?

He's been out for a year with injury so it very easily could be, let alone the situation with his contract which makes it a foregone conclusion if true.

At best if fully recovered he could be with us maybe two or three more years (he'll be 35 next year) whereas Dawson could easily be our keeper for the next 12 years.