Blackburn vs Sheffield Wednesday - TICKET DETAILS

11 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What the chances of this hitting general sale? I’m gonna assume zero. Don’t mind sitting with the Blackburn inbreds 

There are about 500 tickets left out of the initial allocation at the mo. We'll likely get the additional allocation this evening or tomorrow morning, there'll be plenty for when it foes on GS tomorrow afternoon.

On 16/11/2018 at 19:31, Mardy Bum said:

cant complain at those prices and potentially take a few there too. Time for people to go that are moaning they cant get a ticket for away games.

You are forgetting that the ones that moan about not getting tickets don't really want to go, they just wait til its sold out then pretend 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

6 games in December 3 at home, 3 away oh and its Christmas.

The team are not doing very well and playing some pretty poo football to boot, there is going to be a drop off with attendances. It is that time of the year when other teams are reducing their prices or giving something extra to the fans to keep those attendances up.

gift.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Michael Crawford said:

3,000 is just the initial allocation, once they sell out they'll send another batch , the allocation is 6,800 if you can sell em.

Should get an extra 1k or so, no way will we sell 6.8k. Some people on here knock Leeds away support, but it is incredible (they sold out) Ours is very good. I would love to make this one, but just can't afford it. (Not down to Blackburn's price, due to my financial plight) 

I won't go to Hillsborough at the moment with our ridiculous prices but I'm ringing up for a couple of Blackburn tickets tomorrow when they go on general sale.

Its good to see other clubs not taking the p!$$ out of fans so I'd rather spend my money with them to see Wednesday play instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

We had an allocation of 9,000 when in old 3rd division (79-80) and sold lot plus there was a few in home end.

And it was a midweek game. :cool:

Don't think you got allocation's back then , you just turned up and paid on the gate.

Massive following that night , I reckon we took more than that tbh , the attendance was over 26k if I remember correctly , what a fantastic night it was aswell.

9 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

As stated earlier I can't afford it. Not sure what your point is.

If I could afford it would love this one and an evening in Manchester.

My point is ( if it’s that hard to work out) there are constant threads on here with people moaning it’s too expensive to watch wednesday and the points system prevents them going to away games.

no excuses for this one, though you seem to have one. Apologies if you aren’t one of those that has moaned about the above. 

10 hours ago, Plonk said:

My point is ( if it’s that hard to work out) there are constant threads on here with people moaning it’s too expensive to watch wednesday and the points system prevents them going to away games.

no excuses for this one, though you seem to have one. Apologies if you aren’t one of those that has moaned about the above. 

Yes, I have an excuse, I'd rather heat my home and feed my 4 year old daughter than go to watch Wednesday play football at Blackburn for £27 plus travel costs plus beer money.

If this makes me a poo fan then so be it, unfortunately for me the days of watching Wednesday away on a regular basis are long gone (although I've seen  Wednesday at over 100 grounds in European competion and at 81 of the league clubs).

Recently down to about 8 per season but this season only done Lincoln  (new ground) and Wigan, can't see where the money will come from for more than 2 or 3 more.

So yes on £14k per year with a house, a daughter, a car to pay for it is too expensive to watch Wednesday. (I manage home games purely due to working on the turnstiles otherwise I would be priced out of those to).

Hope your lucky enough to always be able to afford it (I thought I always would but things change) but to say cost is an excuse after I've been watching them since I was knee high and travelling around the country and some of Scotland and Europe over the last 30 years is to be honest bullshit.

But thanks for your helpful reply, are you called Jack?

Edited by OWL1969
  • Thanks 1

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:17, A12owl said:

I went to Blackburn sometime in the late 60's.

We went by train.

It had been raining all day.

Train arrived at Blackburn station. 

The game had been postponed.

They wouldn't let us off the train.

Sent straight back to Sheffield.

Fortunately it was pay on the day so no ticket price lost 

Happy Days.

I seem to remember that Blackburn regularly had games postponed due to waterlogged pitch at the time.

Doubt it will be postponed these days.

I went that day mate, ……think it was the 65- 66 season ...and your right about blackburn and the wet pitch coz the cup game later that season was played on a lake . .