Must read

21 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Enjoyed reading that. Thanks Sally. Makes me a little more patient of Jos but I am worried that while he feels the team mentality is a bit weak, he hasn’t considered it might also be partly due to his own inconsistencies of selection.

Or maybe his own 'inconsistencies of selection' have been caused by the 'team mentality....a bit weak'. Chicken and egg.  Still feel for the guy, and still feel he is making the best of a mis-sold job

7 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Or maybe his own 'inconsistencies of selection' have been caused by the 'team mentality....a bit weak'. Chicken and egg.  Still feel for the guy, and still feel he is making the best of a mis-sold job

wasn't he out of work?

wage v no wage?

not like it was us or ajax.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

From reading that, I summise

1)JL knows he is on the verge of departure

2)It’s his last pay cheque

3)I doubt he’s really arsed about us

4)It’s his view it’s the players’ fault, they don’t take responsibilty

5)The players we’ll flog in January are Dawson and Penney

6)It was always the plan after selling Dawson, to return Westwood to the line-up

:ph34r:

From reading that, I surmise...

This is just yet more of the demonisation we see every time a section of fans turn against the manager (probably averages about every six months in the last 18 years) in an attempt to crush all remaining empathy he might have. To take such mundane comments and interpret them as some sort of manifesto of evil is just desperate and much more indicative of the poster"s motivations than those of the target.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This is just yet more of the demonisation we see every time a section of fans turn against the manager (probably averages about every six months in the last 18 years) in an attempt to crush all remaining empathy he might have. To take such mundane comments and interpret them as some sort of manifesto of evil is just desperate and much more indicative of the poster"s motivations than those of the target.

Exactly.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Alf Tupper won allsorts eating fish and chips alone .

Players today don't know their born. Imagine Jamie Vardy getting a bag of licorice allsorts for winning the league....or a solitary fish and chip eating contest for that matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Up there with the strangest managerial appointments we've ever made. Appears very highly principled, but principles are very expensive, and the cost for him will be his job. Square peg in a round hole. This club, at that time, needed a British based manager who knew the league, could trade players and call in a few loan favours. 

Still do.

Thought Pelupessy’s comment that Wednesday would finish high in the Eredivisie was telling.

Ours is one of the hardest leagues in the World to get promoted from, it is a league of high quality. I’ll say it again, it’s not far behind the best Premier Leagues in Europe. Again demonstrating the need for an experienced manager familiar with the Championship. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Tbh he's not had any money to spend as such so not really been linked with anyone.

I think he will still have his contacts in Germany after his time there when/if he does and if he's still here to spend it.

That is true he has not had much opportunity. But when he arrived we were looking in Holland and no German connections were mentioned. both of his assistants were from area he lives  He was definitely winding down. I think he has done well in circumstances my point is one of key reasons for recruiting a foreign coach is to exploit foreign markets and if you have no current knowledge it is a problem being out of work for 12 months makes it harder to get a job and in football management very easy to get out of loop. 

The agents of CC know this and have wheeled him out and linked him with jobs all over place to keep name in football circles they know if it gets over 12 months you are pushing against a brick wall.

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Still do.

It seems rather fanciful to be dreaming of a manager who could "trade players and call in a few loan favours" given the state of the squad and finances. But I suppose it"s far easier to live happily ever after in a fairy tale than in the real world.

• Like 1

I was concerned by his lack of English experience when he joined but I didn’t realise he hadn’t even seen a game before. Needless to say he did ok regardless. 

But moving forward I think we need someone who can motivate them before ko and during the game which by the sounds of what he says isn’t his thing. I think he’s doing ok here but if we’re going into a key window next summer we need to get that right.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

It seems rather fanciful to be dreaming of a manager who could "trade players and call in a few loan favours" given the state of the squad and finances. But I suppose it"s far easier to live happily ever after in a fairy tale than in the real world.

It didn’t stop derby though. Prior to Rowett leaving there was talk of them needing to sell everyone and having no room to move. Lampard arrives and Chelsea loanees appear along with a few others.

Im less bothered by loan favours and more about someone who has a track record in this country of motivating players and getting that bit more out of them. Luhukay has certainly done that abroad and has done that here at times too, but as I’ve said above he seems quite passive and I think we need a different figurehead that brings the club and fans closer together as we can’t afford to recruit next summer and then make another change shortly after if we can avoid it. Luhukay has to exceed expectations just to survive popular opinion here.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Your posts are getting ridiculous now 

Some of the stuff aimed at Jos is a bit OTT I’ll admit, but any sort of criticism aimed at him (and I mean any) and you’re on the poster like a rash 

Fans have every right to question some of Jos’ decisions and selections, because quite frankly they’ve been bizarre at times 

But your nauseating support of a manger who just isn’t very good, just seems bewildering. Are you just doing it to be seen as ‘against the grain’? 

Of all the information collected, I’d love to hear your reasons for support, without mentioning the injury situation 

7 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Some of the stuff aimed at Jos is a bit OTT I’ll admit, but any sort of criticism aimed at him (and I mean any) and you’re on the poster like a rash 

Fans have every right to question some of Jos’ decisions and selections, because quite frankly they’ve been bizarre at times 

But your nauseating support of a manger who just isn’t very good, just seems bewildering. Are you just doing it to be seen as ‘against the grain’? 

Of all the information collected, I’d love to hear your reasons for support, without mentioning the injury situation 

That's made it hard for anyone, injuries have been our major problem for at least the last 12 months. WTF:

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

It didn’t stop derby though. Prior to Rowett leaving there was talk of them needing to sell everyone and having no room to move. Lampard arrives and Chelsea loanees appear along with a few others

They sold Vydra for millions. That was their room

We needed to do it with FF but DC too stubborn

20 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They sold Vydra for millions. That was their room

We needed to do it with FF but DC too stubborn

They did. But they spent around half that on josefzoon and the rest on Waghorn. Then there is the difference in wages to consider (the key annual cost) in getting rid of one player and adding many more including expensive loanees. Doesn’t add up at face value.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

It's difficult to make a coherent case for anything when it always has to be distilled into a polarised either/or, love/hate, in/out, yes/no situation because people don't appear willing anymore to be bothered with nuance, doubt and detail. Many times when I've attempted to put forward something for consideration people will get angry because all they want is that stark choice being made clear one way or the other. And I'm afraid this is another case in point. As soon as it's obvious I'm not fully on their side then they leap to the assumption that I can only therefore be entirely at the other end of the spectrum disagreeing with absolutely everything they believe and creating a caricature to that end. 

I find a lot of the criticism Luhukay is facing does not fairly take into account the constraints he is working under, makes wild and unsupported assumptions, cites principles that contradict what's been stated before, are short-termist with no long term view, selectively filter evidence to paint the worst/best scenario as required, does not take into account all of the factors (which in this case could include his sacking being problematic financially at the moment), often relies on lazy accepted wisdoms and even occasionally strays into downright lies. Many supporters behave like toddlers having an extended tantrum and I make no apology for challenging some of them (but it is necessary to point out that does not mean I view all posters wanting change that way). 

Many times I've expressed reservations about Luhukay and his methods. Clearly I am not delighted with the current sequence of results or our league position. But I do not follow the herd who shriek for change every time things take a slightly downward turn unless I think there are logical reasons for doing so (as I did with Wilson, Turner, Irvine and Carvalhal at certain stages for example). That does not mean I believe the next Sir Alex Ferguson is leading our team or that the Champions League beckons or that I'd be perfectly happy to return to League One (all charges I've faced in recent days). If people feel the need to process that with all the complexity of a light switch, then that is their issue, not mine.

• Like 2