Must read

10 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

It's been asked many times why the club and it's manager aren't more forthcoming about certain things. Well here we have Luhukay just talking about what he saw the players eating once and not only is this used as an excuse to tell us yet again how utterly clueless he is, but it's even been used to demonstrate that the bloke seemingly cannot utter a single word that isn't a total lie.

It's not the first time he's said that either.

Blah blah blah no one knows more than me I know everything Jos is great blah blah. 

Not read your post DJ but am I somewhere near.

ps was the word "binary" used? 

:luhukay:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

So DC lied to Jos about the transfer funds and lied to the fans about the level of investment in the team just before the season tickets were released. Mmmmm.....

Sounds like it . 

2 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

So DC lied to Jos about the transfer funds and lied to the fans about the level of investment in the team just before the season tickets were released. Mmmmm.....

I doubt it's lies.

I think it's more of a "we'll have to see what happens, Katrien do your best with the FA" 

It was a developing situation. Not a clear cut barefaced lie, as some of us wish to believe.

At first opportunity, Chansiri payed out for Hector and Onomah, both will be 30k a week.

Edited by bigash_swfc
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Great read ... thanks.

A very honest insight into the make up of our manager and the “hand” he has been dealt with on the injuries front and not being able to bring in reinforcements due to the embargo. His need to look at the youth talent available to him in the U23’s and the U18’s and to bring these lads on and into first team contention. A necessity and to certain extent a success. 

Potentially he is still trying to get to grips with English football and the ever increasing intensity of the Championship. Not sure he is right with him looking for the individuals in the team to take more responsibility to read the game and react rather than it being “barked” at them from the dugout !!. That’s a whole step change and we don’t necessarily have the mix of players or the leaders in the team to achieve this.

A modest man who just gets on with it on the field with what he is given and maybe does not get too involved in the issues of the running of the club at CEO/Chairman level. A good fit for the CEO/Chairman with the current circumstances at the club. Maybe too modest and lacking in the passion to get what’s needed out of the players in order to succeed and deal with the demands of the Championship.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rogers said:

I’ve not heard many complaints about the lack of transfer activity, I think we all know the situation. 

It’s playing anti-football tactics that’s the issue. 

Fair, so I’d like to see how we would play with a squad that Jos has built. But people pay through the nose and the style will always come under critisicm because of that.

IMO I think a lot of chickens are coming home to roost, especially with the transfer policy. Pay a premium and hope it comes off, and it almost did. But it was a gamble and one where if it didn’t come off we would be in a sticky situation unless we sold at a premium too.

That didn’t happen, so couple that with buying a fair few who have struggled to even get on the pitch and you have the situation we have now. Jos didn’t cause it, he’s not been given the opportunity to bring in who he wants yet, and yet he’s the one that gets the majority of the abuse. I’m sure he’s thick skinned enough to take it, sound like he’s been in equally difficult situations before and turned it around.

3 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Fair, so I’d like to see how we would play with a squad that Jos has built. But people pay through the nose and the style will always come under critisicm because of that.

IMO I think a lot of chickens are coming home to roost, especially with the transfer policy. Pay a premium and hope it comes off, and it almost did. But it was a gamble and one where if it didn’t come off we would be in a sticky situation unless we sold at a premium too.

That didn’t happen, so couple that with buying a fair few who have struggled to even get on the pitch and you have the situation we have now. Jos didn’t cause it, he’s not been given the opportunity to bring in who he wants yet, and yet he’s the one that gets the majority of the abuse. I’m sure he’s thick skinned enough to take it, sound like he’s been in equally difficult situations before and turned it around.

Jostle isn't to blame for what went before, and it would be unfair to criticize him for that.

My criticism is of his tactics, especially in defence.

We're bob, and if the better players are sold then we'll get even bobber.

Totaalvoetbal at the back is absolutely the worst possible tactic in those circumstances.

It doesn't bear thinking about.

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Jostle isn't to blame for what went before, and it would be unfair to criticize him for that.

My criticism is of his tactics, especially in defence.

We're bob, and if the better players are sold then we'll get even bobber.

Totaalvoetbal at the back is absolutely the worst possible tactic in those circumstances.

It doesn't bear thinking about.

Fair again, but it was sort of working before the last international break.

We then lost 4 in a row and tightened up against Mardiola and the Angry Lads. I agree that we need to go back to that type of defensive play and build some confidence before anything OTT.

Up there with the strangest managerial appointments we've ever made. Appears very highly principled, but principles are very expensive, and the cost for him will be his job. Square peg in a round hole. This club, at that time, needed a British based manager who knew the league, could trade players and call in a few loan favours. 

• Like 1

From reading that, I summise

1)JL knows he is on the verge of departure

2)It’s his last pay cheque

3)I doubt he’s really arsed about us

4)It’s his view it’s the players’ fault, they don’t take responsibilty

5)The players we’ll flog in January are Dawson and Penney

6)It was always the plan after selling Dawson, to return Westwood to the line-up

:ph34r:

Joeys comments about the speed of English football are interesting too. He couldn’t walk after his debut. 

It seems to me there is a clear lack of clarity at the club. On the one hand Jos is planning for the long term, patience is required and building for the future. Whereas the chairman thinks we can still get promoted and wants us up as soon as possible as Jos states in the interview.

The club needs to be clear on the direction and path we’re taking, otherwise this outrage and weekly breakdowns after poor results will keep surfacing and piling more pressure on the club. 

However I am glad that Jos is picking the side. That interview I think tells us there is no intervention from above. 

Personally the article doesn’t change my mind about what needs to happen. I can see why some liked hearing about Jos trying to change the culture at the club, in an Arsene Wenger way. But what’s happening on the football pitch is alarming. Even Wenger knew to have a settled defensive line and stuck with the same formation most weeks too.

Also the idea that Jos has improved the fitness seems unlikely as our second half performances have been worse than in recent years. But maybe that’s more to do with his strange tactics and not bringing on attacking players soon enough to save games.  Either way, add to the fact he was close to retirement and hadn’t watched a game in England. Doesn’t make for optimistic reading 

2 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Fair again, but it was sort of working before the last international break.

We then lost 4 in a row and tightened up against Mardiola and the Angry Lads. I agree that we need to go back to that type of defensive play and build some confidence before anything OTT.

Agreed.

Basic, safety-first defending.

When we get FF and Hooper back we could win a lot of games playing that way.