Must read

1 hour ago, dnhc said:

whilst i would in the recent past agree with you 100%, one or two 'jonny foreigners' have gained promotion in the last half a dozen years.

Where have I said they can’t be as you put it, Johhny Foreigners? Your words not mine.

I say experienced managers familiar with the Championship.

So,they can be from the continent, as long as they’ve already got the experience of managing in the Championship, and been successful at it. Not learning their Championship trade with Sheffield Wednesday. We should not be an apprenticeship scheme for unknown and obscure managers unfamiliar with English football. This does not align with a serious attempt to reach the Premiership. It’s just playing about, taking unnecessary gambles at best.

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Where have I said they can’t be as you put it, Johhny Foreigners? Your words not mine.

I say experienced managers familiar with the Championship.

So,they can be from the continent, as long as they’ve already got the experience of managing in the Championship, and been successful at it. Not learning their Championship trade with Sheffield Wednesday. We should not be an apprenticeship scheme for unknown and obscure managers unfamiliar with English football. This does not align with a serious attempt to reach the Premiership. It’s just playing about, taking unnecessary gambles at best.

CC took to it pretty easily 2 out of 3 seasons reaching the playoffs. 

We have had a few managers who have had experience of managing Championship clubs and have now disappeared off the face of the earth. 

We may look back a little further down the line and see Carlos' tenure and his inexperienced chairman's backing in a better light given how close they/we came and how if we'd had a touch more luck they'd have possibly cracked it.

None of the British names continually thrown up for the job who were realistic appointments have done anything in comparison since then.

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We may look back a little further down the line and see Carlos' tenure and his inexperienced chairman's backing in a better light given how close they/we came and how if we'd had a touch more luck they'd have possibly cracked it.

None of the British names continually thrown up for the job who were realistic appointments have done anything in comparison since then.

That's clearly right about the manager. On the chairman, I have some sympathy but unfortunately he seems to have taken a big punt on an outcome that was possible, but always odds against. I doubt you can spend heavily enough to almost guarantee promotion and I wouldn't advise trying the experiment; but we were nowhere near doing so. 

That was unwise in retrospect, but I think it was pretty clearly unwise at the time.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I saw on FB Jos was seen back in Holland this week. If this is true it's a good indication  of his commitment to the cause. At a time when we need organising, he's nowhere to be seen.

:Chansiri:

I suppose he should be able to go home and have his balls felt by his wife instead of us for a change. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

CC took to it pretty easily 2 out of 3 seasons reaching the playoffs. 

We have had a few managers who have had experience of managing Championship clubs and have now disappeared off the face of the earth. 

He had millions to spend and still fecked it up. He is one of the main reasons we’re now in the shyte. Yeah, he was a great success. FFS.

Then we repeat the exercise with another nobody. Beggars belief.

When you want to make a business a success, you recruit those with the best experience / CVs. It’s not bloody rocket science.

Mind you, some could argue Pinocchio was real on here.

Edited by theowlsman

3 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I saw on FB Jos was seen back in Holland this week. If this is true it's a good indication  of his commitment to the cause. At a time when we need organising, he's nowhere to be seen.

:Chansiri:

Can he not get a day off like everyone else, may be looking at players for Jan. What next Jos seen in restaurant when he could have been watching dvds of our next opponents!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

He had millions to spend and still fecked it up. He is one of the main reasons we’re now in the shyte. Yeah, he was a great success. FFS.

When you want to make a business a success, you recruit those with the best experience / CVs. It’s not bloody rocket science.

So your logic is a manager has money to spend so promotion is guaranteed?  If only it was that simple.  

You certainly do recruit those who you think that will further your business the choice is very subjective.  If only it was that simple.

9 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Can he not get a day off like everyone else, may be looking at players for Jan. What next Jos seen in restaurant when he could have been watching dvds of our next opponents!

Don't mention DVD's on here mate ..

No one uses them anymore apparently ...

WTF:

C.D's are ok though strangely enough ......

Depends who you are I suppose?....lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Whilst the team are training, he should be there. 

Set an example. All those things that good coaches would do.

Then again, we're not talking about a good coach are we.

49 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I posted this in another thread the other day but it sums things up perfectly.....

IMG_6828.JPG

On 16/11/2018 at 06:06, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Thanks for posting that. There are quite a lot of interesting tidbits in there.

I thought the final quote was particularly telling, though: "I want to give these guys something, for when I’m gone. Whether that’s tomorrow, in a year or in three years."

Luhukay is working under some difficult circumstances, but he seems to be trying to build something more sustainable than the sh*t or bust strategy his predecessor was allowed to employ. I hope for his sake he's here long enough to see the rewards of this work, but if not, I admire him for at least trying to build some more solid foundations than we've had in recent years.

Something clearly got lost in translation because we've ended up both!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Err... that was my nickname in the junior team I played for in 69/70!

On 16/11/2018 at 06:40, SiJ said:

This is a bit like when Moyes banned the Man U players from having chips.

To think that was Rio Ferdinand's main gripe with Moyes!

Forget the dour football, lack of tactical awareness and the fact that Man U were used to winning trophies.

No, it was the fact that Moyes took his chips away.

Everyone knew that Moyes had had his chips at Man Utd!

Edited by Utah Owl

On 17/11/2018 at 04:48, Bluesteel said:

It didn’t stop derby though. Prior to Rowett leaving there was talk of them needing to sell everyone and having no room to move. Lampard arrives and Chelsea loanees appear along with a few others.

Im less bothered by loan favours and more about someone who has a track record in this country of motivating players and getting that bit more out of them. Luhukay has certainly done that abroad and has done that here at times too, but as I’ve said above he seems quite passive and I think we need a different figurehead that brings the club and fans closer together as we can’t afford to recruit next summer and then make another change shortly after if we can avoid it. Luhukay has to exceed expectations just to survive popular opinion here.

Lampard has zero track record!!!

Derby have taken a flyer and hope to  get lucky. How it will all end remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I posted this in another thread the other day but it sums things up perfectly.....

IMG_6828.JPG

I'm shocked four of them made a profit WTF!!

And those losses are after the television money. Where is the money coming from and where is it going!?!?!?!

Our Loss, which appears to have brought the club too its knees and under threat of destruction from the EFL seems bang average

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/18/championship-clubs-hoping-bin-sky-tv-deal-struggling-find-alternative/