Must read

Guest Bulgaria

I think the main gripe with Jos, apart from his baffling team selections is the fact he seems to have the oomph and personality  of one of those cheap BIC lighters that's been left out in the rain for a few weeks.

1 minute ago, Bulgaria said:

I think the main gripe with Jos, apart from his baffling team selections is the fact he seems to have the oomph and personality  of one of those cheap BIC lighters that's been left out in the rain for a few weeks.

The NFL has been dominated for the last 15 years by a head coach who makes Luhukay look like a combination of Lee Evans and Dame Edna Everage. What difference does it make?

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, DJMortimer said:

The NFL has been dominated for the last 15 years by a head coach who makes Luhukay look like a combination of Lee Evans and Dame Edna Everage. What difference does it make?

So you agree with me then.

4 hours ago, dnhc said:

re-assured by some of what i heard from him there.

Agree, more to it than we thought. Don't think he is a yes man, just doing what he can with his hands tied. Ok still not sure why he is not picking certain players but does seem that he has not been given the cash he thought he would get.

Looks like he is not totally in charge of who plays and certainly not buying more players which he banked on.

Maybe time to lay off him as would another manager want to come to us with no cash and not control on who plays?

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, Harrysgame said:

Maybe time to lay off him as would another manager want to come to us with no cash and not control on who plays?

I am pretty certain there would be a very large number of applicants.

Managers are just like players... Will do and go anywhere for a nice wad.

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I am pretty certain there would be a very large number of applicants.

Managers are just like players... Will do and go anywhere for a nice wad.

Is that the type of manager you would like though? Luhukay appears to be the kind of guy who will do his best despite the constraints. I'd bet on him to give us a lower mid-table finish this season at least and with all the FFP issues, I'll take that now.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

Is that the type of manager you would like though? Luhukay appears to be the kind of guy who will do his best despite the constraints. I'd bet on him to give us a lower mid-table finish this season at least and with all the FFP issues, I'll take that now.

Yes plenty of out of work managers, but most would be worse. Think Jos is basically an honest hard working manager who will work with what he has been dealt in a professional manner. Seems to conduct himself well unlike certain managers close to us who embarras themselves on TV with petty comments.

So I for one will give him a chance, although not any other option I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I couldn't really care less to be honest. Some exuberant managers fail, some quiet ones succeed. That's all that really matters to me.

Indeed, however when things are going drastically wrong / we are under the cosh / we are underperforming as has been the case far too often this season it is beyond frustrating to see JL glued to his seat and staring into the middle distance like we are 4 - 0 up and cruising.

It`s not about going berserk and showing "pashun", but at times like these surely you concede he should be trying to change things , trying to get his message across to the players , discussing ideas with his assistants...……..and yes , if necessary dishing out a few good old fashioned rollickings to players that are playing poorly.

I understand everyone has different personalities and behave in different ways but I think it is just the apparent lack of any kind of urgency or desire to try and rectify matters that really grates with a lot of the fans...……….if shipping 4 goals at home and playing like a drain cant illicit any kind of reaction then I am not sure what will.

11 hours ago, vulva said:

based manager who knew the league, could trade players and call in a few loan favours. 

Just like Leeds and Norwich ;) 

We're crap because our available squad isn't very good. Ask yourself how many of these lot would get in any other top championship side? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we need a different figurehead that brings the club and fans closer together as we can’t afford to recruit next summer.

I totally agree with this part of your post. 

The figurehead we need is garymegson

Onwards and upwards with HIM in charge. 

23 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Thought Pelupessy’s comment that Wednesday would finish high in the Eredivisie was telling.

Ours is one of the hardest leagues in the World to get promoted from, it is a league of high quality. I’ll say it again, it’s not far behind the best Premier Leagues in Europe. Again demonstrating the need for an experienced manager familiar with the Championship. 

whilst i would in the recent past agree with you 100%, one or two 'jonny foreigners' have gained promotion in the last half a dozen years.

57 minutes ago, dnhc said:

whilst i would in the recent past agree with you 100%, one or two 'jonny foreigners' have gained promotion in the last half a dozen years.

That whole 'British with experience of the Championship' has just become another accepted myth with little foundation in actual evidence. As you've already alluded to, a quick examination of the clubs relegated and especially promoted from this division in the last few years actually points fairly decisively in the opposite direction. And of course, we almost added to that record under Carvalhal.

14 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

That whole 'British with experience of the Championship' has just become another accepted myth with little foundation in actual evidence. As you've already alluded to, a quick examination of the clubs relegated and especially promoted from this division in the last few years actually points fairly decisively in the opposite direction. And of course, we almost added to that record under Carvalhal.

unfortunately for us (from what i've read this week) our first two choices for gray's successor weren't as 'available' as we'd either hoped, or were led to believe, thus we ended up with old 'one idea' himself.

there are more bad 'british' managers about than good ones.

there are less bad european/continental/south american managers about than good ones, unfortunately we didn't roll a 'double six' with ours, i hope, and like to think we haven't repeated the 'mistake' again.