League 1 tactics with a top end Chapionship squad.

We don’t have a top end squad.

Woefully unbalanced, Year’s of neglecting the defense, a truly disastrous series of signings. We all know the litany of woes.

Im not Jos’s biggest fan, but he’s responsible for none of the above.

Hes signed one player 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wanna see Abdi in the squad. 

He's fit. He's quality. We are paying top dollar for him. Our ticket prices contribute to that. 

Get him in. 

Sane applies to the other top earners. 

We aren't paying to watch a team padded out with untested kids. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I’ll ask you this, how much pace do United have? Less than us, but the tactics they employ, moving the ball quickly, always looking to get on the front foot, means, as a team they look much more effective than us. It’s all about tactics, I’m afraid

Its high tempo football with lots of energy they play. look at stats at how much they run compared with our team. You are missing high energy factor. We also have some very slow players not sure they have any equally as slow. Ypu can not play those sort of tactics if you have a side which has low ground coverage. You can only play tactics your team are capable of playing.  I would say this about United they go hell for leather in first half and find it difficult to sustain in second half. We failed to capitalise on this in second half which I think showed our lack of energy.

Our recruitment went for similar type of player and did not luck at physical requirements.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

We don’t have a top end squad.

Woefully unbalanced, Year’s of neglecting the defense, a truly disastrous series of signings. We all know the litany of woes.

Im not Jos’s biggest fan, but he’s responsible for none of the above.

Hes signed one player 

But

He's ignoring players who have done more for the club than he's done himself, up to this point.

Treating the senior players like he is, does not sit right with me.

12 minutes ago, Quist said:

Its high tempo football with lots of energy they play. look at stats at how much they run compared with our team. You are missing high energy factor. We also have some very slow players not sure they have any equally as slow. Ypu can not play those sort of tactics if you have a side which has low ground coverage. You can only play tactics your team are capable of playing.  I would say this about United they go hell for leather in first half and find it difficult to sustain in second half. We failed to capitalise on this in second half which I think showed our lack of energy.

Our recruitment went for similar type of player and did not luck at physical requirements.

Again, I would argue that this is driven by tactics We are happy to play at walking pace, passing the from side to side (or backwards) We surrender ground to the opposition, and only try to engage our opponents in the final third. The only time we throw numbers forward, is when we are trying to salvage something from the game It’s just so dull

Edited by gurujuan
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Again, I would argue that this is driven by tactics We are happy to play at walking pace, passing the from side to side (or backwards) We surrender ground to the opposition, and only try to engage our opponents in the final third. The only time we throw numbers forward, is when we are trying to salvage something from the game It’s just so dull

I am going to give Jos a bit of credit here, we have had some very quick starts to games, against teams who concede early goals. We have missed a few early chances and the tempo drops around 20 mins.

We have also had patient starts to games, mostly against teams who can kill you on the counter attack.

The one thing I appreciate about Jos is his tactical approach, he isn't afraid to change things depending on the opposition.

Clearly, he's a very experienced coach, my question mark over him now is his man management, thats probably why he's unemployed in Germany before he came here.

On 16/11/2018 at 11:26, Beholder said:

Is basically what is happening under this manager.

Last time I saw us play like we are playing now was under Sturrock in the Championship before he was sacked.

Inferior players, graft over quality, can't string a pass together,  defence over attack....all this when we have high quality players who could come together and play proper attacking football and win games.

WE HAVE THE PLAYERS.

If only we had a chairman who could see it.

The 18 people who have disliked this post must be blind.

22 hours ago, gurujuan said:

If you think so.

22 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

The one thing I appreciate about Jos is his tactical approach, he isn't afraid to change things depending on the opposition.

But his main flaw, is his tactical approach.

What you say would be a good quality, if it worked!

On 17/11/2018 at 16:58, Beholder said:

I wanna see Abdi in the squad. 

He's fit. He's quality. We are paying top dollar for him. Our ticket prices contribute to that. 

Get him in. 

Sane applies to the other top earners. 

We aren't paying to watch a team padded out with untested kids. 

I want abdi to F off as soon as possible . Useless, crocked , resource draining waste of space .

22 hours ago, bowl said:

The 18 people who have disliked this post must be blind.

I've just looked at the aforementioned post and apart from a couple of "glory boys"

(People who neg just to bandwagon jump)

Everyone else has this clubs interest at heart in my opinion, and has posted accordingly.

Thing is ...

If we don't partake in what's happening at our club at the moment (resting players for want of a better word).

We are going to "Hell in a Hand Cart"....

Don't ask why ?

You will get no answer ..

Do you really think that a football coach will leave players benched who could be influential in the clubs progress? even be it for a certain pivotal game that required a result or a certain mode of tactics ?

Jos Lukhay is here to do a job 

A job that has an agenda, 

a strict guideline .

It is no secret how we got to this point ..

No splashing of cash is going to sort this mess out ..

We have to do whatever is within the EFL sanctions put in front of us  to get through this period ....

Don't blame our manager 

He's doing all he is permitted to do ....

to get us right again .....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I've just looked at the aforementioned post and apart from a couple of "glory boys"

(People who neg just to bandwagon jump)

Everyone else has this clubs interest at heart in my opinion, and has posted accordingly.

Thing is ...

If we don't partake in what's happening at our club at the moment (resting players for want of a better word).

We are going to "Hell in a Hand Cart"....

Don't ask why ?

You will get no answer ..

Do you really think that a football coach will leave players benched who could be influential in the clubs progress? even be it for a certain pivotal game that required a result or a certain mode of tactics ?

Jos Lukhay is here to do a job 

A job that has an agenda, 

a strict guideline .

It is no secret how we got to this point ..

No splashing of cash is going to sort this mess out ..

We have to do whatever is within the EFL sanctions put in front of us  to get through this period ....

Don't blame our manager 

He's doing all he is permitted to do ....

to get us right again .....

Then shouldn’t we be told that there’s been a change of plan?

15 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No.....

I believe, if we aren’t watching a competitive team, and we don’t play entertaining football, why should we continue to pay these match day prices

Edited by gurujuan
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I believe, if we aren’t watching a competitive team, and we don’t play entertaining football, why should continue to pay these match day prices

Go catch the chairman at "Fag Break" 

Other than that 

It's his ball....

put up or shut up .....

Unless you have a few dozen millions to spare ?......

Good luck with your conquest....

Let us know how you get on won't you ?

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Go catch the chairman at "Fag Break" 

Other than that 

It's his ball....

put up or shut up .....

Unless you have a few dozen millions to spare ?......

Good luck with your conquest....

Let us know how you get on won't you ?

That’s the idea though, make your feelings known, and things will change, they always do

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That’s the idea though, make your feelings known, and things will change, they always do

Crack on fill yer boots Fag Break etc...

Don't be abusive 

Be constuctive.... report back 

We are all ears .........good luck ......

9 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Crack on fill yer boots Fag Break etc...

Don't be abusive 

Be constuctive.... report back 

We are all ears .........good luck ......

I’m always constructive, and never unilaterally abusive Things will change soon, they have to