We could learn from Fulham FC

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Compare that to SWFC after Carvahal left.

Days and days of speculation while Doyen line up one of their own, namely Luhukay, an unemployed, complete non-entity with zero knowledge of Championship football and its challenges.

Just out of interest, how much "knowledge of Championship football and it's challenges" did Jokanovic have before getting Watford promoted?

Yes, a small number of shrewd signings at a decent age would have been ideal after the Play Off defeat.

I suspect that as it was mid-season even Doyen were trawling the bottom of the barrel in suggesting the hapless Luhukay.

They probably got their fee anyway.

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

TBH I’ve totally lost confidence in the Chairman. I don’t see things ever improving for us until there’s a change of ownership here?

It's a view. 

But who are we to say we deserve better. 

The Chairman is spending vast amounts to try and turn it around but a variety of circumstances and obstacles are preventing progression. 

In the summer, we get chance to tackle all our issues. Hang on in there, Dejphon is a huge benefactor we'll be glad he's with us in the long run 

• Haha 1

If CC would learn anything I'd be more than happy to see us progress in a number of areas.

1. We're a business not a family. We need to sell players

2. Old Premier league players are not the way forward

3. You do not need to be loyal to managers that aren't winning enough

4. You need people around you to advise, who have a proven track record of success

5. You can't keep charging premium prices for rubbish Championship football.

I'm sure there's other lessons too.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Secured a top Manager to get them promoted.

Then their introduction to the Premier League having not gone well they act decisivley.

Jokanovic goes this morning and Ranieri is appointed on the same day.

Compare that to SWFC after Carvahal left.

Days and days of speculation while Doyen line up one of their own, namely Luhukay, an unemployed, complete non-entity with zero knowledge of Championship football and its challenges.

To bringt a proven manager in seems like common sense, sadly common sense is rare commodity at SWFC.

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

It's a view. 

But who are we to say we deserve better. 

The Chairman is spending vast amounts to try and turn it around but a variety of circumstances and obstacles are preventing progression. 

In the summer, we get chance to tackle all our issues. Hang on in there, Dejphon is a huge benefactor we'll be glad he's with us in the long run 

He may have money but until he starts to surround himself with people who know the game inside out, we will probably continue to flounder like we’re currently doing or worse?

6 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

We could learn from Brighton or Southampton, Bournemouth even Leicester ,Everton, Wolves,Burnley,Cardiff and Huddersfield.

But do we ever learn anything at S6 ?

we could also learn from Portsmouth,coventry ,Darlington ,York city on how not to run a football club . with us carrying huge wages , way over ffp ,and an owner who just aint a clue these 4 clubs are a warning to how bad a decline of a club can get . Portsmouth are now finally turning the corner after a huge slump . unless ffp 39million gets scrapped I don't see an easy way out of all our problems .