Jokanovic Anyone.

Just now, DuttyTeabags said:

Yes yes yes. 

Here is a quote from Ranieri which could well apply us:

"This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table."

In Championship terms some of our players are exceptional but they don't know what their best starting position is, or get dropped, or are frozen out entirely by the little rocking dictator

Yes there’s truth in that We certainly have better players available, not to warrant parking the bus at bumhole lane 

7 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Anyone can spend £100m in the transfer market across 12 signings. It doesnt means squat. 

However, spending big and buying 40m pound players is another level. 

I think people are arguing against your earlier post, when you said Fulham hadn't spent big.

You've been proved wrong and now you're looking a bit silly. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Fulham have the second highest net transfer spend in the Premier League so far.

If you look at expenditure only, it's the 4th highest

Clearly Fulham spent quite a bit. 

I'm not disputing how much they spent but it's a misleading stat.

Liverpool already have a champions league quality side and don't need to add that much to it for a club of their size. Fulham on the other hand would need in excess of 5 players just to stay competitive. They tried to have a go at least an 100 million is nothing in the PL. They probably bought unwisely but how much of that is on Jokanovic I'm unsure. 

2 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Fulham spent their money......all of it probably....but they didnt spend big because they spread it out over 12 signings. This is less than £10m a player average which is Championship level. 

Any tom wee pipe and harry can spend £100m if they wanted too. 

Arsenal x2, Chelsea x4, Everton, Fulham, Leicester,  Liverpool x3, Man City x3, Man Utd x4, West Ham

Above is a list of clubs that have spent over £100m in a single summer transfer window since the 2014/2015 season. Note this isn't net spend, this is just transfer expenditure.

If any Tom, wee pipe and Harry can spend £100m, why is it only the big clubs have done it more than once, and why is it less than half of the Premier League have done it over the last 4 years? 

Just now, LiamAP22D said:

They spent £100m 

As I said before....they spent £100m and brought in 12 players. 

Compare this to Liverpool who spent £170m on 4 players. 

The amount of money spent doesnt always tell you the true picture. 

We could get 10 x Jordan Rhodes for £100m

52 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

As if Fulham were ever gonna compete unless they spent big.....wake up Fulham!

11 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Anyone can spend £100m in the transfer market across 12 signings. It doesnt means squat. 

:duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

As I said before....they spent £100m and brought in 12 players. 

Compare this to Liverpool who spent £170m on 4 players. 

The amount of money spent doesnt always tell you the true picture. 

We could get 10 x Jordan Rhodes for £100m

So you mean big by big signings rather than amount spent then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Arsenal x2, Chelsea x4, Everton, Fulham, Leicester,  Liverpool x3, Man City x3, Man Utd x4, West Ham

Above is a list of clubs that have spent over £100m in a single summer transfer window since the 2014/2015 season. Note this isn't net spend, this is just transfer expenditure.

If any Tom, wee pipe and Harry can spend £100m, why is it only the big clubs have done it more than once, and why is it less than half of the Premier League have done it over the last 4 years? 

They didnt bring in 12 players though did they which shows you the calibre of player they actually brought in. 

Stop looking at the £100m price tag and look who he actually bought with the money. 

Fulham spent £100m but didnt get much more than a Championsip team. 

10 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You really have to look at the standared of players he had last season, compared to what we have this season.

And where are we going to get the money from for a promotion challenge.  All seems a bit pie in the sky to me.

Would clearly love us to have a similar season to the one Fulham had last season but doubt thats going to happen.

Agree with this, I don’t know Jokanovic that well and if he’s capable of managing our standard of squad and budget. If he is, then definitely bring him in.  But from the outside it seems he likes money to spend to mould a footballing team 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

When you think that Arsenal bid £90m for Seri last January, that spend doesn’t sound so bad

How many times have arsenal bid that amount and they are an established PL team constantly in europe or champions league. Fulham none of the above. 100m sounds a lot to me.