Jokanovic Anyone.

Just now, swfctc1 said:

Penny is definitely the best left back at the club by far ,but what does Jos do !!! Play him in every position apart from LB , when Penny first came into the team at LB he’s was very good , got shifted all over and his displays fell away a tad 

Carlos sent him on loan to Mansfield and never gave him a shot at Left back and signed Wiggins instead. I think i prefer the Jos approach. Penney is young and trying different positions will help him grow. Lee was a right back when we signed him, Palmer came through as a central midfielder, sometimes positions do change. We have to give Jos and the youngsters time to get things right. Just bringing in a new regime doesn't work for the long term.

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

He has 3 youngsters, 1 a keeper so he tells the older one he can leave, that's pretty good blending because he played Dawson in the cup last year to check he was ready. And he is. Yes Westwood is great and was great, but good teams move on older players to bring through youth. Thorniley, Loovens leaves, Thorniley plays, he brings in Hector for experience for options which will help Thorniley. Penney has just outplayed every left back at the club, no blending needed. He still has a spine of a team in Lees, Bannan and Fletcher. I think he has done well at blending youth and experience.

It is not Jos's fault that westwood couldn't find a move, that the club was under embargo, that Hooper and Lee are never fit, that we wasted millions on rhodes, van aken and Abdi and they were bad when he arrived and are still bad. That Jones and Boyd were signed, again terrible contracts and deals. I think Jos got some stuff wrong, i think we were tactically set up wrong for Norwich and QPR, I think he needs to find a better home for Reach in the team to allow his development. Apart from that i think he has done well. I know we aren't at the top of the league but we can't expect that with embargos and the complete mess that Jos took over in January. We will go on losing runs again, do we sack a manager everytime? Derby and Bolton at home. Lets see what happens. With 2 weeks he might have just got something going.

Results suggest he hasn’t found the blend. All the things you say have substance. The three youngsters have shown they are capable of regular league football, and yes, Penney is the best left back we’ve had in a good while. Introducing those, certainly Thorniley and Penney, have revitalised the squad. 

Its how he’s managed the rest of the squad, that gets me worried. We have plenty of talent at our disposal, but the coach has failed to utilise it. Where is the evidence that he has forged a competitive, or even an entertaining side?

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Results suggest he hasn’t found the blend. All the things you say have substance. The three youngsters have shown they are capable of regular league football, and yes, Penney is the best left back we’ve had in a good while. Introducing those, certainly Thorniley and Penney, have revitalised the squad. 

Its how he’s managed the rest of the squad, that gets me worried. We have plenty of talent at our disposal, but the coach has failed to utilise it. Where is the evidence that he has forged a competitive, or even an entertaining side?

before the bad run we were 6th. We were competitive and got some impressive wins. Yes we have had a bad run, but we just need a good run at the right time. Being 6th in November doesn't matter, it does in May. As for entertaining? Who on the bench if introduced would make us entertaining? We have not been entertaining since Di Canio so that would be the work of Pep to do that.

11 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

before the bad run we were 6th. We were competitive and got some impressive wins. Yes we have had a bad run, but we just need a good run at the right time. Being 6th in November doesn't matter, it does in May. As for entertaining? Who on the bench if introduced would make us entertaining? We have not been entertaining since Di Canio so that would be the work of Pep to do that.

Well Carlos’s first season, certainly was, though obviously not his second. To be fair, we were 6th, but in the main, performances never merited it. We have players who could be utilised in a more positive way, ie Bannan, Reach and Forestieri. Others such as  Matias and Joao spend too much time in areas, where their pace is easily negated. Jos spends to much time worrying about our opponents

2 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

What he will be able to do with a team that is lower Champ/L1 and the remaining quality players persistently unavailable? 

I presume he would ascertain his best side and then pick it...keep it, and have a system.

Jos isn't helped by whats gone on before, 

Every player starts with a clean slate...(I was gonna put sheet lol)......It might be the only way forward

2 hours ago, tarn owl said:

We will go on losing runs again, do we sack a manager everytime?

Think most can put up with a shortish losing run, the problem is the way you lose. Like no intention of trying to win, yep he makes soundbites we try to win all games...but that's balllax and most can see it. Crazy defensive line ups when we are shyte at defending, making substitutions when no need and not making substitutions when needed.

Must admit though, not sure it's all his fault. But on style alone its turgid boring crapola football

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Good manager, proven track record. Wrong time though, we need to stick with a plan rather than abandoning the re build at the 1st sign of trouble. Stick with Jos and bring through the youth and remove the deadwood and big contracts. Jokanovic would have been perfect when chansiri 1st arrived. Not now.

I would sooner have someone proven at this level to oversee the rebuild and would be more than comfortable if that man was Jokanovic.

2 promotions in recent years under his belt tells us all we need to know.

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Think most can put up with a shortish losing run, the problem is the way you lose. Like no intention of trying to win, yep he makes soundbites we try to win all games...but that's balllax and most can see it. Crazy defensive line ups when we are shyte at defending, making substitutions when no need and not making substitutions when needed.

Must admit though, not sure it's all his fault. But on style alone its turgid boring crapola football

Yes quite right, and the fact that, there’s no semblence of any sort of a plan, after nearly a year

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Jos needs certain types of players to execute what he is trying to do in matches especially when we attack.  

Matias is a major lose for us, and it why we have seen Penney further up the pitch as he is trying to get him to play a similar role, but he can't.

We will be alot better when Matias and certain other attacking players are back.

But without them to execute his plans going forward we look utterly lost.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Jos needs certain types of players to execute what he is trying to do in matches especially when we attack.  

Matias is a major lose for us, and it why we have seen Penney further up the pitch as he is trying to get him to play a similar role, but he can't.

We will be alot better when Matias and certain other attacking players are back.

But without them to execute his plans going forward we look utterly lost.

Well he’s ready now, so hopefully we will see a more attacking approach against Derby County Not totally given up on old Jos, but there will have to be a dramatic turn around over these next couple of games

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Well he’s ready now, so hopefully we will see a more attacking approach against Derby County Not totally given up on old Jos, but there will have to be a dramatic turn around over these next couple of games

3 at the back and Matias upfront then we have half a chance.  You could see In the 20 odd mins he got against United that he brings so much energy to our attacking play.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

I would sooner have someone proven at this level to oversee the rebuild and would be more than comfortable if that man was Jokanovic.

2 promotions in recent years under his belt tells us all we need to know.

The conditions to manage here are light years from those as Watford and Fulham.

I don’t think changing the manager at this time will help to any great degree - The new man in will have the same to work with.

McCarthy is the only man i’d make an exception.

We just have to plough through this, get shot of all the dead wood (all of it - no sentimental retentions) at the end of the season and start again. 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

He hasn't...there is no evidence apart the fact he's doing just enough to keep us up at face value.

He's not helped by the owner putting a premium on the prices to watch it.

It's like one of those Christmas jamborees that fly by nights put on with a grotto and it makes the news...the elves always get the blame.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yes quite right, and the fact that, there’s no semblence of any sort of a plan, after nearly a year

There is a plan 

We are in it ...

You really don't want to believe it though do you ?...

Are you hoping eventually someone tells you it's going to be marshmallows on top of your hot chocolate?

It's builders tea no milk or sugar for now on ......

lol

**I will let you have a drop of carnation in it...

my treat .......