Jokanovic Anyone.

Just now, billyblack said:

How many times have arsenal bid that amount and they are an established PL team constantly in europe or champions league. Fulham none of the above. 100m sounds a lot to me.

Agree, but signing Seri was a major coup for Fulham, especially at that knockdown price. I think the problem for them, as it was for us, they signed too many players Too much upheaval

1 minute ago, CF83OWL said:

They didnt bring in 12 players though did they which shows you the calibre of player they actually brought in. 

Stop looking at the £100m price tag and look who he actually bought with the money. 

Fulham spent £100m but didnt get much more than a Championsip team. 

I'm not debating how they spent their money.

You said they didn't spend big. I say they did based on current-season and historical precident, and there's a difference between spending big and spending on big-money players. 

You seem to be arguing that they didn't spend big because none of their transfers were >£30m. I'm arguing that just because they didn't spend on any single huge player doesn't mean they didn't "spend big" if their overall outlay was huge. Or would you argue that someone that spends £10k of their wage a year on Freddos isn't "spending big" on chocolate, but someone that spends £8k on a car has "spent big" on said car? 

Just now, roaminowl said:

What's he like at managing a powerful team with players on 40 grand per week though?

Could play a game..Trump or Wilder?

'Sheffield Wednesday..the biggest, most powerfulest, strongest...I think stronger than what most people have ever come across...with the highest paid'

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Just go to your account, its in there. Done it loads of times.

This could be my new favourite feature of owlstalk. Whilst I’m all for debate there are clearly some trolls about or posters that want to shoehorn their agenda into each and every post. 

Much appreciated!! 

• Like 1

Back to topic; whilst the guys clearly a great manager he certainly had better ‘tools’ at his disposal. 

Was it him him that had Fessi as a bit part player off bench at Watford? And Fulham’s squad was littered with players I’d take in a heartbeat here. 

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm not debating how they spent their money.

You said they didn't spend big. I say they did based on current-season and historical precident, and there's a difference between spending big and spending on big-money players. 

You seem to be arguing that they didn't spend big because none of their transfers were >£30m. I'm arguing that just because they didn't spend on any single huge player doesn't mean they didn't "spend big" if their overall outlay was huge. Or would you argue that someone that spends £10k of their wage a year on Freddos isn't "spending big" on chocolate, but someone that spends £8k on a car has "spent big" on said car? 

£100m and bottom of the league. 

I mean come on now dude...

17 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Whilst he is a very good manager.

Without the tools, he'd be useless.

We don't have the tools, so it's NO from me

This.

His record in this league is enviable, but he's achieved promotion at clubs who had plenty of money to throw at the situation.

If people think that Jokanovic could come in and sort everything at S6 out, then they are either misjudging his experience or underestimating how in the sh*t we are, or both.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

As I said before....they spent £100m and brought in 12 players. 

Compare this to Liverpool who spent £170m on 4 players. 

The amount of money spent doesnt always tell you the true picture. 

We could get 10 x Jordan Rhodes for £100m

The thought of spending so much on JR just makes me feel sick. Like the excitement of buying a Ferrari and then realising it has a Skoda engine