Carlos

12 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

That’s a bit of a pointless question. This is November 2018 not May 2016 and (perhaps with the benefit of hindsight) we can clearly see how the mistakes made during Carlos time here led directly to our current predicament. So no, I didn’t complain at the time, but if I could turn back the clock  I would happily give up our play-off final for the return of financial stability and the prospect at least of sustainable team development.

Easy game football when you sign the German lad, Hind Sight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, vulva said:

Well it is mine. Talk me through other measures of success in football. I’ve always thought it was about getting to finals and finishing high in the league. 

Happy to be educated on this one. I’m fairly sure success isn’t playing a flat back 8 at Millwall, falling out with half of your squad, dropping your player of the month, sat on the bench like a Burtons mannequin or going to your local rivals at getting laughed at by the football world. 

Maybe promotion, winning a trophy, qualification for Europe? All things I've experienced as a Wednesday fan. It seems these days many accept mediocrity.

The cult of Carvalhal lives on.

• Haha 1

Think with benefit of hindsight the club got carried away after getting to Wembley in 2016 and instead on pushing the boat a bit for new signings pushed an oil tanker out.

I dont think anyone can seriously say the CC should have got moved on after the loss to Hull in May 2016, would have divided the fans and the club no end. But dont need hindsight to say he should have been moved on after going out of the play offs to Huddersfield in 2017. Was obvious by then things had gone stale and that 6 months afterwards is when the current rot set in. 

12 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Don't laugh I was told this last weekend lol 

I have no idea of the veracity of your source or if you're having a laugh

judging on the previous 3 years who's to say anything is impossible however fecking ridiculous

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

Just wow. This post shows just how bad Dross is. Why would we turn back to Carlos? Think of no shots November. Think of Lee and Hooper. Think of the football since QPR October 2016. 

I was trying to be abit pssss takey dont seems to have worked lol 

• Haha 1

Ooh that would be ace, lots been said about jos falling out with the old crocks, but the Carlos fans not mentioning the likes of Abdi, lachman, mcgugan, of course there's also urby??and how can we forget that flying senagal/French winger what's his name??, or joao being cast into the wilderness. Oh and we sign the defencive version of abdi too Van Injury prone, yet he never played venancio who as we saw was a far superior defender than VanAkren is. 

6 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Sooner have a club that's stable and not phooked up than achieve what we did with him.... NOTHING... not a single honour and all that cash spunked

Did you flag your concerns up at the time or did you lap it up, get drunk at Wembley and sing ‘Carlos had a dream’? I did. Loved it. After years trailing to places like Stockport, Wycombe and Rochdale, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anyway, you’ve got ‘stable’ now. If ‘stable’ is churning out the football equivalent of gout bellend then we’ve hit the jackpot.   

4 hours ago, steelowl said:

I have no idea of the veracity of your source or if you're having a laugh

judging on the previous 3 years who's to say anything is impossible however fecking ridiculous

The guy who told me got it off one of our mates who usually doesn't spread rumours about anything but he does know a couple of staff at the ground and has been right before. My reaction was WTF but...you don't know our chairman lol

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Did you flag your concerns up at the time or did you lap it up, get drunk at Wembley and sing ‘Carlos had a dream’? I did. Loved it. After years trailing to places like Stockport, Wycombe and Rochdale, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Anyway, you’ve got ‘stable’ now. If ‘stable’ is churning out the football equivalent of gout bellend then we’ve hit the jackpot.   

I raised my concerns when he was appointed. Didn't get drunk at Wembley. I was driving and was totally pissed off with the way we played that day. but, unless you're something akin to Nostradamus, then no one knew

what was going to happen then. Im calling carlos a coont because of the 5hite we find ourselves in now his absurd methods have come to light after he phooked off and ruined Swansea.

19 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

is the only man for the job "right now"

He knows the players and could kick start them from here on.....

Have you ever heard of someone called Dale Carnegie? He wrote a book called How to Win Friends and Influence People