Carlos

10 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Don’t be obtuse.

Not being obtuse; I genuinely don’t see your point.

My thoughts are that Carvalhal left Wednesday in a much worst position than the one he inherited.  He also oversaw a pretty spineless relegation with Swansea just under 6 months ago.

That’s without analysing the other 14 clubs he’s managed over the last 2 decades.

Carlos’ managerial record in Britain is unimpressive.  If/when we replace Luhukay, there’s definitely better alternatives IMO.

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Dear me. Is that the measure of success these days?

Well it is mine. Talk me through other measures of success in football. I’ve always thought it was about getting to finals and finishing high in the league. 

Happy to be educated on this one. I’m fairly sure success isn’t playing a flat back 8 at Millwall, falling out with half of your squad, dropping your player of the month, sat on the bench like a Burtons mannequin or going to your local rivals at getting laughed at by the football world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Did you complain at the time?

Was a great ride for sure. 

But sadly he shot from the hip.  With no thought for the future.  

Derby are dojng it right.  And building a young team which will be here next year and many after that.  

So are teams like Brentford.  Yes Brentford.  

Let’s not go into some of his bizzare signings eh.  

It was a blast and he failed.  Now we are paying the price.  And someone needs to take responsibility.  No thanks Carlos.  

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

Did you complain at the time?

That’s a bit of a pointless question. This is November 2018 not May 2016 and (perhaps with the benefit of hindsight) we can clearly see how the mistakes made during Carlos time here led directly to our current predicament. So no, I didn’t complain at the time, but if I could turn back the clock  I would happily give up our play-off final for the return of financial stability and the prospect at least of sustainable team development.

• Haha 1